What do you want to see in the next elder scrolls?

Cooljoe

NPC's using horse/mount combat: more variety in spells (I realize most spells got turned into shouts but still I really missed Dispel,Water Walking,Detect life, Absorb Health Magicka Stamina, and Burden: While I liked the spell tome way they choose for Skyrim It removed creating your own spells which I greatly missed, like an elemental fury or Detect life plus Night Eye.

The original Stat version Strength Willpower Luck etc. to return I liked what Skyrim did but I enjoy the Oblivion/Morrowind's one more. Companions having depth like Fallout: New Vegas, where as they have their own personality, backgrounds, fighting styles, and loyalty/unlockable side quests.

I really loved critical kill scenes, a hell of a lot more of those would be great. Keep up with Skyrim's amount of Weapon/Armor Variety I never felt like there needed to be more as I did with Oblivion. IMO Skyrim was the best Elder Scrolls yet (I Started with Morrowind) but there is always room for improvement thankfully Bethesda knows this & always does amazing work, I'm a little sad for no more Skyrim DLC but am looking forward to TES:6.

Edited by Godfather93a

....Detect life.....

That's an odd choice considering both detect life and detect dead were in Skyrim.

Personally I'd like to see an all new E.S. game a.k.a. Fallout 4 that's not like the New Vegas desert setting at all. :)

Guest Scotty

- Spears/Axes/Other Throwing Weapons.

- More Details When Building Your Own Houses.

i'd love these 2.

i just want more customization. its what i care about in elder scrolls. i also want a LOT more unique weapons. i like searching unique weapons out and questing for them and there weren't all that many in Skyrim, and the few that were unique were usually just re-named ancient nord weapons.

i would like my own castle like in oblivion, i forget the name of it but its a DLC castle. i want that, not some blood stained shack in the middle of a crowded city.:p

I would want the next Elder Scrolls to have a lot more variety.

It has a huge open world environment that takes a long, long time to explore. Had a nice variety of creatures to do battle with.

What I would want in another Elder Scolls are two things.

More and different creatures underground. Plenty of caves and dungeons to check out for fun and pleasure.

The problem here is Skyrim basically had three things (other than humans) in dungeons to fight. Usually it was Draugr. Occasionally the Dwarven Automatons and/or Falmer would be there. Rarely anything else.

That was basically it. How about some goblins, minotaurs, ogres, or something else once in a while to break up the same few groups of enemies?

Loot. Where was it? I quit opening chests about halfway through my playthrough since I had plenty of money by then. Useless weapons, gems/jewelery, or food is what was in most of the chests. I got the Mace of Molag Bal at level 14 and never used anything else. I didn't 'feel' anything was better. Best armor in game was crafted...so why loot anything? Nothing that would be an upgrade.

Looting is half the fun of an RPG to me.

@Buggss Yea but I would have preferred a form that you don't have to continually cast, just charge & cast. Also Duel weapons could have had blocking capability. I.E. Hold both triggers to block, press them both once release then hold them to power attack.

Actually I agree there too, considering almost every battle/fantasy film for the last 30 years has had SOMEone fighting with 2 weapons at once and they all use that crossed weapons block over their heads you'd think Bethesda could incorporate it in too, just not as strong a parry as a shield or a heavier 2 handed weapon.

Also .... spears! They were in Morrowind, why not the later games?

Greaves. I'd like to see greaves back in the game.

Bethesda said by removing separate greaves & including them to the cuirass as one whole piece it allowed them to make more sets of armor in total. So if thats the benefit of not having greaves I gladly accept the hit. IMO Helm, Armor, Gauntlets, & Boots were enough.

Yes, BUT, I keep taking arrows to the knee dagnabbit!

I think you've been waiting to say that and had it planned from the beginning lol.

~

First of all, more voice actors. It was terrible in Oblivion but better in Skyrim. In a future game, I would like to see each character with their own voice. Or at least have the voice actors change their voice for different characters.

I would like to see more customize options especially for clothes and armor. Like in Fable you could change the color of certain clothes with paint I believe.

Make clothes/armor out of animal hide.

Bigger monsters. When playing Dragonborn I kept looking out to the water thinking, how cool would it be if a giant squid came out. I also wouldn't mind seeing massive snakes, since we have massive spiders.

Less snow. I don't know if it's common in every ES game but I seen enough snow where I live.

Better paths to get to places. You see that black icon on your display for a new cave but you have a massive mountain in the way and you are hopping all over to find it's path. I think flatter land would be better than so many mountains. Equals a better travel experience.

More bow and arrow customize options. I'm a sucker for being an archer and would like see more put to that.

Better combat system in the game. Possibly sword strikes each other when fighting, etc.

As someone else said as well, throwing weapons. Sometimes when sneaking up behind enemies I get the urge to just throw a knife in the back of their head.

Make money more useful. Possibly have shop owners have weapons that are rare and worth a good amount of money to put your money towards, etc.

This is all I have for now, if I have more I will add it.

Edit: Thought of another I wouldn't mind seeing. The menu is wonderful the way it separates your items, but I wish where you store your stuff was like that too instead of one long list. I know what some of you are thinking "separate your items separately in different chests". I shouldn't have to do that even tho I do to an extent, but even with the mass amount of let's say ingredients/potions/crafting items still takes time to go through. I have so much armor/weapons I have three different storage places because the list gets so long. So, it be great if the menu feature was like that when browsing your stored items.

Edited by InsaneKane87

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

1. Time Frame Saves---This game keeps track of every minute you play, therefore it should be easy to go back in time by 30/60/90 minutes in gameplay. You choose 30 minute timeframe and it sends you back to the exact point in time you were playing 30 minutes ago. This feature would have unglitched several broken quests for me("The Affairs Of Hagravens").

2. Super-Secret Achievements w/ real prizes. Achievements only known to the game developers.(separate from the regular achievements)

a. Get honeycomb from every bee nest in the game.

b. Complete the game without killing a single chicken.

There could be 6-10 of these unique achievements in the game. The first person who completes each of them(must be online)will be recognized and win a prize(a lead crystal mudcrab worth $250 for each achievement solved). If any achievement has not been discovered after 1 year of game release, the game developers will leave hints on their website and renewed interest in the game begins!!

Edited by Old Age Pensioner

• 3 weeks later...

that sounds like it would be really hard to implement and i can all ready hear people bitching about how they should have won but "insert reason here" screwed them up or interfered. Not to mention that pc mods could potentially alter the game in ways that made these achievements a lot harder or easier than they should have been.

Also if you give prizes for a list of achievements that no one knew about then people will bitch, but what you could do though is include a type of easter egg puzzle that people are aware of its existence but don't know where or what it is, and everyone who solves it and messages Bethesda the answer within the time frame gets a npc with their name in the dlc. An example of what i'm talking about is dragon walls, what if each one of those where part of a puzzle or riddle that you had to find and translate each wall to read properly and then you had to solve it.