Best & Worst Value Season Passes / DLC

ThrawnOmega

The next DLC is coming out in October. I don't remember the specifics, but it has something to do with TK Baha.

How much do you want to bet it will be as mediocre as all the other DLC released so far?

It will be. I read an article on IGN and while I don't remember which one it was, they said it was going to be even smaller than the 3 shitty DLC's from the Season Pass. I highly doubt it'll even add achievements, as it's only going to be something like an hour or two long DLC.

Totally agree. That one was a good deal and it's the only one I've ever bought that I have a fond memory of.

Totally agree about LA Noire. Great stories and expanded nicely on the main game. Great value too. Lots of content.

For sure. I think the reason the Season Pass was so good, was because it added ALL story-content to a game that was already unique in itself. Hell, I don't remember if those extra suits came with the Pass, but they were a nice touch too.

I'm going to be skipping season passes and DLC in general a lot more next generation. The content just isn't usually that great and now that nearly every game that releases has a season pass and DLC of some sort it's time to get picky.

I'm of the same mindset. I think a lot of people feel this away entering the next generation of consoles and games.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best, LA noire season pass. i loved the game already and the extra cases while not directly tied to any storyline within the game were enjoyable.

worst AC3, honestly the episodic king Washington dlc are pretty mediocre though i actually did get some good use out of the multiplayer dlc for all the good thats worth.

I would put Bioshock infinite's as the best but since the other two dlc have not been released im reserving judgement.

Best DLC = Black Ops II Season Pass -- I've loved all the zombie maps like crazy.

Worst DLC = Oblivion Horse Armor -- LMFAO. I'm surprised this isn't unanimous.

I LOL'd at this.. thanks for the memories :p

I think though the best season pass would have to be Gears of War 3/ Halo 4 for me.

Worst I can think of is Saints Row the third. Omg was that a waste of money.. I finished all three DLC's in one sitting.

The Gears of War 3 season pass would've been my favorite if it weren't for the fact that part of that price includes bloody disc locked content. If that first content with the pass had been a real add-on and not content Epic locked away on the disc we already bought, I'd have said that that season pass was pretty good value.

My worst was the Gears Judgment season pass. 1600 points for DLC that separately would add up to 2000 points. So, I figured it would be a 800 point download and a 1200 point download. What was it? Two downloads that would've been really priced at 800 points, but to be able to say the season pass gives them to you for a slight discount, they instead inflate the price of the DLC.

It will be. I read an article on IGN and while I don't remember which one it was, they said it was going to be even smaller than the 3 shitty DLC's from the Season Pass. I highly doubt it'll even add achievements, as it's only going to be something like an hour or two long DLC.

asdf

I bet they're going to charge full price for it too.

I would put Bioshock infinite's as the best but since the other two dlc have not been released im reserving judgement.

If Burial at Sea is as good as it WILL be, BioShock Infinite will easily have the best Season Pass ever, both for content and price.

asdf

Nah, I read that it'll be cheaper than 800MSP. Take a look:

After the release of Digistruct Peak Challenge comes TK Baha’s Bloody Harvest, due in October as the first of three planned “Headhunter” packs that are all scheduled for release by the end of 2013. There’s no price yet, but we can confirm that these will cost less than previous story add-ons. The basic idea with these content packs is simple: defeat a boss, get that boss’s head added to your collection of wearable heads. These are smaller content offerings than the four previous story DLC packs that Gearbox released. Bloody Harvest amounts to a single, medium-sized environment that’s been built around a fetch mission and the aforementioned boss fight, in this case with the Pumpkin Kingpin. If the boss’s name and the October release didn’t give it away, there’s a Halloween theme here.

And my bad, it was IGN, it was DigitalTrends!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/a-first-look-at-new-borderlands-2-dlc-digistruct-peak-and-tk-bahas-bloody-harvest/

Edited by BiggD

I've been waiting for the Black Ops 2 season pass to go half price for what seems like forever. I literally refuse to pay that much, even if its a discount of the combined DLC price its still a rip off.

most MP DLC seems to be a waste of money. New maps is fun and all....but not enough to pay for.

Preach on sister. I'll never miss a chance on this forum to piss and moan about that fucking season pass. It made me hate the franchise. The price and value was perfectly fine, the content was shit.

Totally agree. That one was a good deal and it's the only one I've ever bought that I have a fond memory of.

The Bioshock Infinite season pass seems like it should work out well, but time will tell. The Clash In The Clouds add-on was about as weak as it gets. I don't really care though, a twenty dollar season pass isn't that much money. I'm going to be skipping season passes and DLC in general a lot more next generation. The content just isn't usually that great and now that nearly every game that releases has a season pass and DLC of some sort it's time to get picky.

Totally agree....If when I do jump into the next gen, my DLC purchases will be non existent outside of major storyline content. When I got my Xbox 360 in 2010, DLC was cool add ons to games, mostly afterthoughts, or continuations for games that had done well. Now, there is SO MUCH dlc it's amazing. The names of dlc packs are available months before games are released...It's clear dev's know that they can withhold content from games, and in some cases..double their money. People still justify season passes as "savings" but prices are jacked up, and content withheld to make it appear to be a good deal. That said, favorite/least favorite season passes:

Favorite: Gears 3/Judgement. They are rare games I enjoy MP on (with bots, usually, lol)

I liked Forza 4 until I realized the "season" was really a 1/2 season. It was nice to get new content every month for awhile though. Forza Horizon was OK too I guess, but not cheap.

I have LA Noire and Bioshock Infinite, but haven't gotten to them yet. I'm optimistic about them :)

Looking back on this gen- what DLC would I still purchase if I were to start over? Elder Scrolls, Fallout Deus Ex, Gears, A. Creed story stuff, some Dishonored.

Least favorite...hands down, Defiance. (I have it on ps3). By the time the 1st pack came out...I'd lost all desire to play that game. Too repetitive. I Dl'd it, but never played. 4 more to go...

Gearbox has irritated me with season passes and DLC in general. They are the worst nickel-and-dimers out there, and I refuse to support them anymore. Capcom is also horrible (I guess maybe they ARE worse), but at least most of their crap is costumes that I don't worry about anyway.

Totally agree....If when I do jump into the next gen, my DLC purchases will be non existent outside of major storyline content. When I got my Xbox 360 in 2010, DLC was cool add ons to games, mostly afterthoughts, or continuations for games that had done well. Now, there is SO MUCH dlc it's amazing. The names of dlc packs are available months before games are released...It's clear dev's know that they can withhold content from games, and in some cases..double their money. People still justify season passes as "savings" but prices are jacked up, and content withheld to make it appear to be a good deal. That said, favorite/least favorite season passes:

Favorite: Gears 3/Judgement. They are rare games I enjoy MP on (with bots, usually, lol)

I liked Forza 4 until I realized the "season" was really a 1/2 season. It was nice to get new content every month for awhile though. Forza Horizon was OK too I guess, but not cheap.

I have LA Noire and Bioshock Infinite, but haven't gotten to them yet. I'm optimistic about them :)

Looking back on this gen- what DLC would I still purchase if I were to start over? Elder Scrolls, Fallout Deus Ex, Gears, A. Creed story stuff, some Dishonored.

Least favorite...hands down, Defiance. (I have it on ps3). By the time the 1st pack came out...I'd lost all desire to play that game. Too repetitive. I Dl'd it, but never played. 4 more to go...

Gearbox has irritated me with season passes and DLC in general. They are the worst nickel-and-dimers out there, and I refuse to support them anymore. Capcom is also horrible (I guess maybe they ARE worse), but at least most of their crap is costumes that I don't worry about anyway.

Yeah, Forza is one of the worst offenders for mass amounts of expensive DLC. For anyone who hasn't ever looked at it, the next time you're browsing the marketplace click on Forza 4 and Forza Horizon and take a gander at that shit. I would have added a bonus challenge for adding up the cost of everything in your head as you browsed it but since they changed Microsoft points to dollars it's not as challenging anymore.

asdf

Most likely. All these developers just want our money. It will most likely cost 10$ for 2hours of gameplay and no achievements. IMO if this really happens i will not buy it.

The last DLC sucked and the next few will most likely suck as well.:mad:

Most likely. All these developers just want our money. It will most likely cost 10$ for 2hours of gameplay and no achievements. IMO if this really happens i will not buy it.

The last DLC sucked and the next few will most likely suck as well.:mad:

It won't...did you not read the article I linked up above? Gearbox already said these DLC's will not be 800MSP.

Most likely 560, 400, or 240.

After the release of Digistruct Peak Challenge comes TK Baha’s Bloody Harvest, due in October as the first of three planned “Headhunter” packs that are all scheduled for release by the end of 2013. There’s no price yet, but we can confirm that these will cost less than previous story add-ons. The basic idea with these content packs is simple: defeat a boss, get that boss’s head added to your collection of wearable heads. These are smaller content offerings than the four previous story DLC packs that Gearbox released. Bloody Harvest amounts to a single, medium-sized environment that’s been built around a fetch mission and the aforementioned boss fight, in this case with the Pumpkin Kingpin. If the boss’s name and the October release didn’t give it away, there’s a Halloween theme here.

SOURCE

And to you and Veedrock, I highly doubt a 1-2 hour long DLC that is set in ONE area is going to have achievements. If it's clear and area and collect the bosses head...I really don't see the point of them adding achievements.

Edited by BiggD

And to you and Veedrock, I highly doubt a 1-2 hour long DLC that is set in ONE area is going to have achievements. If it's clear and area and collect the bosses head...I really don't see the point of them adding achievements.

Well Borderlands 2 has 1625G. From the looks of it they will release 3 more DLC's with 125G each to equal 2000G in total or 1 DLC worth 125G to total 1750G. I think they will release 3 DLC's with achievements outside of the season pass to make more money.

Best:

La Noire - Loved the game, and had to get the dlc for it. Was not let down once. Wouldn't mind playing it again soon.

Mass Effect 2 - Shadow Broker dlc was immense. Definitely one of my favourite games this generation. Don't get to ply it much as the missus hates the game with a fiery passion.

Shivering Isles - This is expansion pack done right. First time I played it, I plowed 30+ hours into it. Loads to do, and its just a beautiful setting. Sheogorath is bat shit crazy which makes it more fun.

Worst:

Timeshift - I got the one dlc for free, and decided I would go for the 1250g. What a waste of money. Not cause it was poor, just that its a dead community. I actually enjoyed this game, and if there were people playing it, then I reckon it could be fun.

Skyrim - Eagerly awaited the release of this game from the moment the date was set. Mashed 12 straight hours on release day, and played every day for 2 months solid until I completed it. Then the dlc arrived. What a shower of shit. Not one of them impressed me one bit. Bethesda promised 3 substantial dlc releases. What did we get? Shafted. By Vethesdas sweaty diseased cock of doom. Dragonborn, average at best, Dawnguard was empty and dull, and finally, Hearthfire. Well, that was about as fun as getting a £10 hooker to stamp on my balls.

Fallout New Vegas get a special mention for best and worst category entries. Dead Money, Honest Hearts are awful, whilst Old World Blues was some of the funniest moments of my gaming life.

Two Worlds 2 gets an honourable mention for the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion. Got a good 14 hours out of that as its pretty damn big, and actually reply good. Shame the multiplayer was horrific.

Well Borderlands 2 has 1625G. From the looks of it they will release 3 more DLC's with 125G each to equal 2000G in total or 1 DLC worth 125G to total 1750G. I think they will release 3 DLC's with achievements outside of the season pass to make more money.

Hmm, this is possible. I am even thinking right now that since these DLC's are VERY small, they will half the achievements for 75:gsicon: per. That'll leave us with 1850 which is a decent ending gamerscore for the game.

Fallout New Vegas get a special mention for best and worst category entries. Dead Money, Honest Hearts are awful, whilst Old World Blues was some of the funniest moments of my gaming life.

I stand against you and proudly say that Dead Money is an amazing piece of DLC.

While I don't have a best / worst I just want to know if any of you had bought a season pass, then when the content got released it was not available to you due to some error..but it was available to the public, If so what game was it ?

The have had this happen a few times with SR3 and Halo 4, but it was the 1st piece of season pass DLC for both and it did get sorted in a few hours.

The Assassin's Creed III Season Pass was excellent, mostly due to the strength of the story DLC, which I thought was excellent. Despite not including the Champions' Bundle, the Halo 4 Season Pass (which came with my Limited Edition) definitely made the LE worth the $100 price tag.

On the topic of bad Season Passes, Borderlands 2. The Season Pass doesn't even cover half of the DLC. THat is not how you do it. Make a second Season Pass if you have to, but do all or nothing, not this weird middle ground that doesn't really please anyone. Waiting for the GOTY Edition for that one.

I have been planning on getting the Metro: Last Light Season Pass (yes, there is one). Only 1200MSP- sorry, $14.99.. I don't like the new price system. Looks like Last Light has a meaningful Season Pass. Can anyone who has it let us know how it is?

Oh dear god what's wrong with you?! Dead money was GOD AWFUL!

LOL! I don't know, I liked the story in it and the tension of not having a lot of ammo and gear. Plus, the enemies freaked me the fuck out for some reason.

After you ignite the fireworks at the top of the bell tower and have to run back to the fountain, I ran like a little bitch past everyone since I had absolutely nothing to fend myself with. It was enjoyable :p

saints row 3 had the worst value one. it still saved you money. but only like 80msp? and you got a free pack with it.

all other season passes seem great. borderlands 2 i think you save 1000msp because you get the vh1 updgrade with it.

battlefield 3 premium is definetly the best value for money 4000msp for content worth 6000msp + premium theme + exclusive double xp + early access + exclusive dogtags camos and assignments.