FAQ - Look here before asking Questions

Vista

Okay I have seen a bunch of questions being asked that have been asked too many times before. I am going to compile a Work in Progress FAQ.

Is there a Stat Tracking System online?

No. There is not. Infinity Ward has not stated anything to be implemented in the future.

I just got to Commander! Why cant I go into Prestige?

You must gain around 4000 more XP to unlock Prestige mode. Prestige is a choice, and you do not have to go into it.

Damn It! I just went into Prestige and didn't mean to! Can I go back to my 55?

Nope. Sorry, but you clicked those 3 buttons to go into prestige, you cannot go back.

What are the symbols for Prestige?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Joel101/prestigeranksly3.png

These are in order from 1st all the way to tenth.

Individual pictures can be found HERE thanks to Rage.

How do I do a 1 v. 1 boost?

Simple. Make sure the friend you want to boost with is not in a game. Go into the LIVE menu alone, and choose Cage Match. As soon as you start searching invite your friend to the game. If he accepts in time, you two will be in the game together. After joining the same game you will stay together for more games unless one of you leaves.

When do I unlock {xxx} Perk or {xxx} gun?

[spoiler=5]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/prmaples/cod4_ranks-1.gif

When do I unlock {xxx} attachment or camo for my gun?

[spoiler=2]

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/prmaples/cod4_weapons.gif

What are all of the challenges that I can do to recieve XP?

[spoiler=3]

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/prmaples/cod4_bootcamp.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/prmaples/cod4_operations.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/prmaples/cod4_killer.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/prmaples/cod4_humiliation.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/prmaples/cod4_elite.gif

Can I use cheats whilst in Story mode and still get the Intel achievements?

No, you cannot. Make sure cheats are disabled before you start going to get those achievements.

Where can I find the maps online?

Look HERE fo the overhead maps of Call of Duty 4 thanks to razzleson.

Red A = Where attackers spawn

Red B = Where defenders spawn

Blue A = A objective (where you plant bomb)

Blue B = B objective (where you plant bomb)

How many points do I get per Kill and Assist and Capture?

TDM/Hardcore TDM

Kill-10 XP

Assist-2 XP

HQ/Domination/Sabotage

Kill-5 XP

Kill while someone is taking back your HQ, Flag or Defusing-10 XP

Assist-1 XP

Capture HQ/Flag-15 XP

Hold HQ-5 XP every 5 seconds

Bomb Plant-20 XP

Bomb Defuse-20 XP

Search and Destroy

Kill-50 XP

Assist-25 XP

Bomb Plant-100 XP

Bomb Defuse-100 XP

I dont have {xxx} gun unlocked yet, but can I pick up someones gun and use it for the challenge?

You can only unlock gun challenges AFTER you have unlocked the gun. If you are a level 12 and pick up a p90 (unlocked at level 40) and get 25 kills you WILL NOT get the challenge. If you were a level 12 and picked up the m16 (unlocked at level 1) you CAN get the challenge.

Whoa! I saw some guy with the Left Stick and Right Stick symbol in his clan tag! How do I do that?

[spoiler=youtubevid]

What are the golden guns and how do I unlock them?

Golden guns are unlocked for completing EVERY SINGLE challenge for the certain type of gun:

Golden AK-47 - Complete every assault rifle challenge

Golden Mini-Uzi - Complete every sub-machine gun challenge

Golden M60 - Complete every LMG Challenge

Golden M1014 - Complete every Shotgun Challenge

Golden Dragunov - Complete every Sniper Challenge

Golden Desert Eagle (Pistol) - Get to level 55 Commander

NOTE: golden guns are cosmetic only, they do not increase any stats of the player holding it or the damage/accuracy or range of the gun. solving another rumor, you do not turn invisible while standing still with a golden gun.

Wow, there are a lot of TVs on Charlie Dont Surf! I want to make sure I get my achievement! where can I find a list of all of them?

You can find an excellent guide HERE thanks to Swoop 360

I am having trouble with getting under 20 seconds in the FNG Training mission!

I am actually in the progress of making a very detailed, text and video walkthrough, exclusively for the site.

I am having a ton of trouble with Mile High Club on Veteran.

This is by far the hardest the achievement in the game. Click HERE for a guide and tips from fellow members.

Ahhh! I just killed someone and a grenade by them dropped after I shot them down. How?

There is a perk called Martyrdom that drops a grenade after every death, this perk is unlocked at level 17, and is a Perk 3.

When I shoot someone a little red cross comes up after I get the cross hairs showing I shot them!

This perk is called Juggernaut and is available from the start. Juggernaut gives you a bit more extra health, and can usually make a one shot kill into a two shot kill.

Whenever I use the perk Steady Aim on my Sniper, it seems nothing is happening that improves my accuracy.

Steady Aim is for Hip Fire accuracy ONLY. Shooting from the hip is when you are not aiming (Not holding LT). This perk works well with almost every gun, except the sniper. It works exceptionally well with SMGs.

I am a level 22, yet my friend is a 55. We finished a game, and I did much better than him, why did he still get a higher match bonus?

Although match bonus is based on how well you do in a game, rank also affects it as well. Higher ranks get much higher match bonuses even if a lower rank did better then him. An easy way to get high match bonuses is to play Objective games. The more HQs you capture, the more bombs you plant and the more flags you get the higher Bonus you get, work as a team to get a higher bonus.

Does using a Mounted Machine Gun affect my accuracy?

No it does not.

I will update with more info a bit later.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good idea

should add these:

airstrikes are random

cod 5 is going to be made a company called teryach and not Infinity Ward (alot of people dont realise this)

there are no multiplayer achievements because IW doesnt believe in them

if u use cheats and collect intel then theres nuthin you can do to get the intel achievements till the upcoming patch comes out

good idea

should add these:

airstrikes are random

cod 5 is going to be made a company called teryach and not Infinity Ward (alot of people dont realise this)

there are no multiplayer achievements because IW doesnt believe in them

if u use cheats and collect intel then theres nuthin you can do to get the intel achievements till the upcoming patch comes out

Ill add some of that, but what do you mean by airstrikes are random? Some people complain about where they hit, because sometimes they dont kill anyone. Mine are usually good. please elaborate though, so i can add it.

Vista I love you. I'm so tired of people posting new threads about topics that have been discussed tons of times. ANyways thanks for making this, its greatly apppreciated. If you dont mind i would like to add some constructive criticism, here it goes. You should defiently talk about the intels and cheats,also for the ones that you put the link to, I would still elaborate a little bit on those, dont just give the link, but thats just me.

Yea this sucks.

Nice try Vista.

Sike, good FAQ hope this gets stickied.

Was to spell psyche wrong retard. got any info Rage?

Vista I love you. I'm so tired of people posting new threads about topics that have been discussed tons of times. ANyways thanks for making this, its greatly apppreciated. If you dont mind i would like to add some constructive criticism, here it goes. You should defiently talk about the intels and cheats,also for the ones that you put the link to, I would still elaborate a little bit on those, dont just give the link, but thats just me.

An FAQ isn't necesarrily a guide, since I haven't finished single Player yet (I only play MP) I cant really elaborate on all of them. I will link or include the intwel guide, but if anyone wants to help me please do via PM.

Ill add some of that, but what do you mean by airstrikes are random? Some people complain about where they hit, because sometimes they dont kill anyone. Mine are usually good. please elaborate though, so i can add it.

i mean random as u cant choose the direction in which the planes fly overhead. as in if you want them to fly from north to south, u cant make this happen. they fly in a random direction

i mean random as u cant choose the direction in which the planes fly overhead. as in if you want them to fly from north to south, u cant make this happen. they fly in a random direction

Does that affect where the airstrike falls? Where you ever you put that little circle, the airstrike will land around there, wont it?

Does that affect where the airstrike falls? Where you ever you put that little circle, the airstrike will land around there, wont it?

yeah but u cant choose which direction the planes fly n the bombs fall. as in the bombs could fall north to south or east to west but u have no way of choosing which way the planes fly/bombs drop

sometimes your air strikes will hit the buildings around where you put it, and the air strike is a line of bombs not a single one where you put the circle.

also could you add a note at the bottom saying to read the guides about veteran missions before asking how to do them.

Woah Vista you should link my thread for prestige pics instead of those since mine are individual. :)

Anyway, I mean Sike as in just kidding. Not psyche dumbass. :p

fine, ill link your pictures. i and I know what you meant, I think it is just spelled wrong :p.

Individual pictures can be found HERE thanks to Rage.

There Rage you get credit.

Why do i get called a noob when i use juggernaut

because they dont kno how to kill people with juggernaut so instead of figuring out the problem people decide to moan at people who use it and call them noobs. just use stopping power against it

nuthin wrong with using any perks and ur not a noob no matter how u play, just called one when people dont like how u play