General RAAM Discussion

WyldthingUK

Hey ppls, im pretty much new to the site. When i say new i mean i use this site for every game i have for the last 2 years, but just created an account here on the site. but yea i JUST beat him on Insane (solo) and heres what i did....after trying billions of other methods for the last 2 hours.....such as sticking the gernade or using the turret

Take a Bow, a Lancer, and Gernades. First, started off by unloading EVERY shot i could into his head with all 9 shots of my bow. Its best to time the bow explosion RIGHT before the krill start to surround him (after the flee from the first shot). Unloaded all nine. by that time my idiotic COM partner was dead, so RAAM was totally focused on me. For a minute or two i was able to stay DIRECTLY in the middle of the first barrackade. The guy was an idiot and just kept walking back and forth right in front of it, letting me unload my lancer on him. Eventually he gets to close, so you just run for a min to the vertical tubes right infront of you, hide in the light, and unload when you can. when he gets to close again, just return. Took me bout 7 minutes to actually kill him....but i didnt use any of my gernades, or the turret, and i was playing solo....so.....yea. Takes time but its possible

SIDE NOTE: dont worry if you dont have gernades or something that explodes, he will sent his kryll after you anyway, but the bow is recommended. Cuz if you dont......:eek: good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this really easy but I was playing split screen co-op.

I kept shooting Raam in the head with the Longshot, my lad kept shooting him in the head with the torque. After I ran out of bullets I used the lancer for about 10 seconds and he was dead before he even came over to us so we didn't have to run to the other side.

I've defeated Raam on all 3 difficulty levels, solo.

Casual: not really a problem, died afew times in trying but got it after afew goes

Hardcore: Alot longer and tougher than casual, I was running around alot and came very close to death numerous times. Finally did it after about 18 longshot rounds, as many headshots as poss.

Insane: Tried facing Raam straight up (no glitches or tricks, just standard gunfight) died 70 or more times, some fights lasted literally afew seconds. Couldn't safely squeeze off enough rounds in his body before he closed the gap. When he closed the gap I couldn't get to another hiding spot without being ripped open by a. flying reavers b. kryl c. Raam's blaster. I then tried the block glitch afew times despite rumours that it had been fixed, lo and behold, it worked and Raam got stuck. I praised the powers that be for this, and blindfired with the torque 12 times, then used 3 grenades. As I remember he fell on the 3rd grenade!

NB. I don't like having to fall back on other gamers to get achievements that are single player intended, unless totally necessary. I did the whole of Gears 1 on insane mode solo, and used 2 controllers to get the co-op achievements.

• 1 month later...

Evening Fellas:

I Beat RAAM lastnight on HARDCORE by myself, NON Coop, in 3 tries.

1st Try: Long Shot & Lancer - Long Shot took too long to reload and RAAM was movin up fast! DEAD!

2nd Try: Torque Bow & Lancer - Torque Bow, still slow, but more damage. RAAM still moved pretty quick but got about 3 shots into him before he got too close. Used Lancer, keep in mind that on your 2nd active reload you get a damage bonus, very helpful. I blind fired but he came around the barrier and...you guessed it....DEAD!

3rd Try: Torque Bow & Lancer - Torque Bow, still slow, but more damage. Not sure what happened but RAAM got hung up a little bit on the right side after the side of the train dropped. Got about 5 shots into him with the Torque Bow and 2 Frag nades before he got too close. Blind Fired Lancer, again keep in mind that on your 2nd active reload you get a damage bonus, very helpful. I stayed DED CENTER of the barricade, right under the light, and for some reason RAAM would not come around to finish me. I continued to blind fire w/ damage bonus and after about 575 Lancer rounds, down he went.....RAAM DEAD!!!

I was uber stoaked after I had read a number of threads that ppl were havin to play on COOP to defeat him. Please let me know if this info leads to any other success stories!!! GOOD LUCK!

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Hardcore solo. Raam has killed me about 20 times and I just don't understand what to do.

I get how you're supposed to clear the kryll, headshot, repeat. Problem is I can't figure out how to get to the other end of the train when he gets close.

When he gets up to the first barrier, I wait to make sure the kryll are on him and try to run down the middle to the other side. As soon as I hop the barrier, he releases the kryll and they start attacking me. Marcus refuses to run while the kryll are attacking no matter how much I mash on A. Then I die. At first I thought it was just bad luck, but this happens literally every single time.

How the heck do you actually get to the other side?

My friend and I beat it in about 30 seconds on insane (once we finally knew what to do.) We both had torque bows and would shoot RAAM with fully charged shots. When those ran out, we used blind fire from the lancer and grenades. Never left the beginning spot, over in about 30 seconds. Much easier than all the sniper shots we tried before.

My friend and I beat it on co-op Insane a while ago...we each had lancers, I had a torque bow with full ammo, and he had a sniper with full ammo. I would shoot him with the torque bow, he would headshot Raam with the sniper. Rinse and repeat. Then when I ran out of torque bow ammo he was right nearby, so I switched to the lancer and headshotted him with half a clip of lancer:uzi:, and he died. We never had to leave the first section of cover. We then proceeded with root beer all around.:drunk

• 2 weeks later...

So i see its even more difficult on Insane then it is hardcore?? it was kind of a pain on hardcore it took me around i guess maybe 15-20 minutes by myself since i have no live...now i'm attempting to finish up insane...and still am in the first act...Nice to see some tips here for that though...

cant wait for gears 3

• 2 weeks later...
So i see its even more difficult on Insane then it is hardcore?? it was kind of a pain on hardcore it took me around i guess maybe 15-20 minutes by myself since i have no live...now i'm attempting to finish up insane...and still am in the first act...Nice to see some tips here for that though...

cant wait for gears 3

Yes it is quite difficult on Insane compared to Hardcore.

Yes it is quite difficult on Insane compared to Hardcore.

Good to know, am working through Insane solo right now and have knocked off 3 of the chapters so far, only 2 more to go.

Had a hell of a time with Raam on Hardcore solo. With some lucky and judicious use of grenades and the longshot I finally teabagged the bastard after ...I don't even know how many tries.

Not sure I'm looking forward to that fight again.

EDIT: I was right, wasn't looking forward to it....he's been handing my ass to me almost as soon as I step out onto the train car. Worse yet, the damn reavers....so many times I'm getting tons of sniper shots in on him and keeping the kryll off with grenades and have full health...only to picked off by a stray shot from a reaver on the side. Gotta love deaths from "where the hell?"

Question: has anyone noticed the torque bow not appearing in the car right before you go out to face him? I didn't pick one up from any Theron in the level and when I got to the final checkpoint and the bow isn't in the corner where it normally was on Hardcore or Casual. Just ammo, lancer, grenades and a sniper rifle.

Edited by Opiate42

• 2 months later...

If anyone wants to partner up and torque bow your way through this on insnae, let me know. I haven't done it yet and find it almost impossible on single player. Hardcore Raam was bad enough on single player, let alone this.

My gamertag is SKJohnson and I'm generally on after 10pm EST.

Can no one beat General RAAM on insane by themselves. i raped him on casual and hardcore but god he will not die on insane for god sake i run out of ammo before he dies. oh yeah also when he reaches your bunker and you try to run to the other side he blasts you with his hugh machine gun and i die before i make it. someone plz respond if u are a manly god and you took him out by yourself on insane. i have full lancer, grenade,and revolver ammo and like 8 bow shots.

• 1 month later...

I just use the Sniper on him first (active reload of course = I am an active whore), and then Torque bow (active...). All shots on his face. For the Krill I used Torque to get them off (active). Took about all the shots I had except for 2 bullets in my sniper on Insane. Got it on my first try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...