will there be multiplayer?

Keep multiplayer out of games that don't need it!

BioShock, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed - all franchises that did not need multiplayer, and had it shoe horned in just to add a checklist on the box to make the fat cat executives happy (aka the "Call of Duty" effect).

There are a lot of other games that initially shipped with a subpar multiplayer component (Rage, The Darkness) that should have been left off.

I really have no desire to have multiplayer in every single game that's released. If the game isn't focused on it, then it shouldn't be there.

Regardless of what the uneducated masses think, adding in multiplayer does take away from the single player portion of a game (every game has a budget, and multiplayer takes time to develop and bug test).

Then you have cases such as Assassin's Creed Revelations, where instead of giving us single player content, they give us a character pack and a map pack. Really?

Don't get me wrong, I love multiplayer, but not when it gets tacked on to a game series that it does not belong. Alan Wake is one of those franchises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...