Achievement Guide for 'Tower of Babble'

bimbletonben

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) if a player has completed the easter egg can they help someone else with it . reason for asking is because we had a guy in yesterday that had done it already. but the tower glowed red and was sparking with electric. also when we turned on the power there was no voices.

2) the turbines that get put under the pylon for the electric man. do you leave them there after you have emp'ed him. or do you remove them before you put the last two down by the lamposts as some are saying you leave them. and some are saying you remove them then put tyhe last to down.

need to know these to things please anyone. i have read the guides and watched videos but nothink on these to questions have i found.

Not too sure about the first question as I've asked it myself but with no reply or answer.

From reading other posts I have concluded that if one player has already done the tower of babble achievement on your team/side then you cannot complete it at all,it has to be 2-4 players that haven't already got the achievement.

Hence not hearing the voices and the red glow and electric etc..

In response to your second question when I did it with 3 others we do it this way after killing the Avogadro with the EMP grenade..

First we picked up both turbines that we placed to kill the Avogadro after he went skywards,then we made sure there was 1 zombie left and one of us kept him running around/occupied by the pylon/ radio tower whilst the other 2 went off to get in position to place their turbines...

One needs to go near the barn in the diner area and the other is just down the street in the town where the bus turns shortly after leaving the area,it's the lamppost on your left...

Then once you are all in position we killed the zombie then straight away we put the 2 turbines down under the pylon then after that we put down the turbine at the diner and then The last one near the exit to the town and then then achievement popped up for all of us before the next round started.

That's how we got it,hope that kinda helps you...?

Edited by wizardfire

Many thanks to OP Bimbletonben for this guide, here's a quick run through of how we did it, in case it helps anyone.

We've just done it with 3 players. Maxis method.

Really useful to know about not needing the two Turbines at the Pylon at the same time as placing the turbines at the lamps.

We EMP'd the Avogarde under the tower on round 7, as soon as he spawned we placed two turbines under the pylon to try and encourage him in. Then all three of us ran back to the power station with one zombie left. He died cos of a missing arm (bled out) just as the bus was leaving, so we fought a wave from the bus, keeping a few alive, all of us got off at the bus station (me and FLETCH still had 2 turbines, so HITMAN got another one), then we tried to leave two at the bus depot and ABS on the bus to the Diner.

Unfortunately both zombies we had left went on the bus with HITMAN.

Then HITMAN got off the bus at the diner and we simultaneously put down one turbine by the shed and one at the end of the bus stop.

All three got the Tower of Babble.

Edited by dirchy

Maxis Way FTW.

Finally done this after 3 3-hour sessions on TA, was a little late for us though as we ended up getting the achievement on Round 10..you want it on Round 2 or 3 but that just doesn't happen.

We killed him on Round 9 though after acquiring 2 EMP's (only used one) but after killing him two of us died from zombies so other 2 guys finished the round so we could spawn and set the 2 turbines up at bus depot and diner (leaving one zombie alive - they run so you know it's the last one) and it was all pretty tight and intense.

But from all this we learnt that you DO NOT need the 2 turbines in the corn field AFTER you've killed the eletrco dude, and he only spawns when theres shitloads of thunder above you.

Can anyone confirm if this works with only 2 players, Maxis method?

Theoretically it should work with 2, as it's the same principal with three. Having it confirmed by the OP that we did not need the 2 x turbines at the pylon after EMP'ing it, meant we could try it with 3.

I've not read anywhere of anyone doing it with two, but then just about everything I'd read before we proved it with 3 last night, was that you had to have 4 so you could do the 2 x turbines under the pylon and the other two at bus depot and diner.

please report back if you manage it.

I am thinking you can do it with 2. I am about to do this in 30 minutes or so. I have tried other nights but keep screwing up.

ALSO. A question that doesn't seem to be mentioned in guides anywhere. I know you need to turn the power off which renders Jug useless. But what about leaving it on and spawning the electric guy, then holding him and a runner/crawler? Then go turn the power off. I am wondering if this works.

I think you need to turn it off, as Maxis tells you that the power has to be off or the communications will be disrupted and he will not be able to talk to you. Thus you can't proceed with the mission.

Something else i just thought of which we think messed us up a lot of times. When Maxis says "now shut off the power" after the Avogarde has spawned, we were turning it off then running out the shutters before it had shut down and Maxis speaks again.

So we started waiting until the power had shut off fully, then he speaks again and says something like "Very good, now we can continue with, the mission".

At this point you use a turbine to exit the room.

After you have EMP'd the Avogarde we had the rest of a wave to contend with, so it's not too hard to leave three or four zombies and head off to the Farm to get the bus. Leave a crawler and he'll bleed out for sure before you can get the two turbines down. And if you only have a crawler and a runner, you'll likely end up with a sprinter.