Achievement Guide

hoshinosenshi

I didn't include what super instrument I used because honestly I don't remember. I just know Spoonman was bass. You just stick to whatever instrument is most difficult usually. I like to use vocals a lot since it keeps me near keys, which I always neglect. Drog you can repost this in your thread if you want to gather everything there.

I don't think Vocals is the best choice for most of the songs, because, besides Keys maybe, it seems to be the one that spends the most time out. Obviously this depends on the song but I think out of all of them Vocals is probably the sketchiest.

EDIT: I also got Gold on Stronger by Kelly Clarkson with 189, 844 and it barely turned gold when I got the last bonus, so I think 189,000 is the limit for Stronger.

Edited by relauby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**NOTE the Roy Orbison track in the Store MIGHT NOT work since others are claiming gets sorted into the 80s for some strange reason.

Just wanted to confirm that Ooby Dooby won't help you with the music historian achievement, so don't buy it if you don't want it. 50's has to be a Johnny Cash song, I went with Cry Cry Cry.

I made that thread (link), and it received one response from Devola... Would appreciate it if other (more skilled) players would contribute some info to that thread.

I didn't see this before, thanks for the heads up!

As you're the thread creator, when we can round up gold star cutoff scores, along with setups and instrument priorities (for example: play drums before they stop on section x), I'll link to the thread in the guide. I also need to rewrite the details for the gold star achievement, since it's now clear how to obtain the cutoff scores without wasting too many coins.

I'll agree with Super Vocals not being useful as often, even if it does keep you near the keyboard (providing there is one), guitar and drums end up getting the most time.

Using Devola's list, and placing my scores by comparison, here are closer gold star cutoff scores.

Always - 278,000

Give It Away - 292,000

Jessie's Girl - 172,000

Jungle Boogie - 168,000 (I think the gold cutoff is pretty low for this)

Moves Like Jagger - 206,000 (gold cutoff is just above 200k, track bonus scores are important!)

One Week - 148,000 (gold star cutoff is much lower I think)

Pumped Up Kicks - 199,000 (low cutoff, should get towards the end)

Raise Your Glass - 186,000

These Days - 333,000

We Are Young - 214,000

A Little Less Sixteen Candles... - 159,000 (exact cutoff) (Bottle Rocket/Blast Notes/Super Guitar)

Once Bitten Twice Shy - 379,000 (exact cutoff) (Road Rage/Runaway Notes/Super Guitar)

Kids In The Street - 323,000 (exact cutoff) (Road Rage/Blast Notes/Super Guitar)

So Far Away - 298,000 (exact cutoff) (Road Rage/Blast Notes/Super Guitar)

Shine - 295,000 (exact cutoff) (Road Rage/Blast Notes/Super Guitar)

Drogturist - Feel free to user this info in that thread! The closer we can get to the cutoff is going to help everyone. I'll list powerups which I used for new gold cutoffs, bold songs are not included in Devola's list.

Edited by hoshinosenshi

For Pinball Wizard, does anyone who doesn't have it unlocked want to test to see if it works on "Song of the Century" by Green Day?

One track vocal song and while running pinball with jackpot or 2x and flame notes you'll easily get a score in 660k, but I'm curious if the pinball achievement can get unlocked on top of it.

For Pinball Wizard, does anyone who doesn't have it unlocked want to test to see if it works on "Song of the Century" by Green Day?

One track vocal song and while running pinball with jackpot or 2x and flame notes you'll easily get a score in 660k, but I'm curious if the pinball achievement can get unlocked on top of it.

Whilst I don't have the song to try it for you, I read on the RB.com forums that the achievement unlocks once the pinball is dropped and so cannot be unlocked on a one-track song that will never drop it. It is very easily unlocked on Bob Marley's Redemption Song though, which only has guitar and vocals.

Whilst I don't have the song to try it for you, I read on the RB.com forums that the achievement unlocks once the pinball is dropped and so cannot be unlocked on a one-track song that will never drop it. It is very easily unlocked on Bob Marley's Redemption Song though, which only has guitar and vocals.

One-track songs will drop the pinball though. I just tried it on Song of the Century and the pinball alone racked up about 600,000 points. I already have the achievement so I don't know if it would unlock, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

One-track songs will drop the pinball though. I just tried it on Song of the Century and the pinball alone racked up about 600,000 points. I already have the achievement so I don't know if it would unlock, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

Ah, but that's the key in what Didi is saying. The track hits the end tag before the pinball can fall off the screen, so the game doesn't know when to calculate the total amount of time the pinball was in play.

Thanks for researching that, Didi.

Still a good way to get a quick gold star score, though. :D

Ah, but that's the key in what Didi is saying. The track hits the end tag before the pinball can fall off the screen, so the game doesn't know when to calculate the total amount of time the pinball was in play.

Thanks for researching that, Didi.

Still a good way to get a quick gold star score, though. :D

Oh ok, when he said the pinball dropped I just took that to mean when it first appears, not when it leaves the screen. That would make sense then.

Just a little heads up for any DLC achievements, you need to keep all the songs on your hard drive for them to count for the totals even if you've played them.

I was deleting songs as I finished them thinking it was okay (and since I'm low on HDD space) and was wondering why the 50 songs in a genre achievement wasn't popping. I ended up redownloading enough songs again to hit 50 and played one and it popped.

Edited by Son of Kyuss

Just a little heads up for any DLC achievements, you need to keep all the songs on your hard drive for them to count for the totals even if you've played them.

I was deleting songs as I finished them thinking it was okay (and since I'm low on HDD space) and was wondering why the 50 songs in a genre achievement wasn't popping. I ended up redownloading enough songs again to hit 50 and played one and it popped.

It's most likely there's a xml script that keep tracks of what songs have been completed (and registered as such) to the server. Removing songs from the HDD would void any finished songs as being 'completed' unless they remain intact.

I'll add this to the guide as a precaution to anyone with a 20GB HDD or just anyone with low disc space in general.

As for the Gold Star guide, I'm waiting to see what can be done about it being recreated before I change the description.

Also, to clarify as discussed above, the Pinball Whiz achievement will only unlock after the pinball has fallen off the highway, one track songs will not work.

there is a song way better for geting gold

cory wong - upstream

its guitar only and with flame notes super guitar and bandmate you can gain around 600 k just by using bandmate at the right time just after the easy solo. heck you get gold before the solo... just saying.

there is a song way better for geting gold

cory wong - upstream

its guitar only and with flame notes super guitar and bandmate you can gain around 600 k just by using bandmate at the right time just after the easy solo. heck you get gold before the solo... just saying.

I got a better one: Moonlight sonata, pinball, super keys, jackpot

Can you say 30+ million in one song?

Guide linked in description, I also changed the wording I had before to remove some things that wouldn't work so well.

Also, not yet confirmed but as a precaution, I changed the 'Blitzed Out' achievement to online only. I think that's pretty much everything done, I'll request for a pin soon. For anything that may need more info, suggest it and I'll see what can be done.

For DLC songs, as much as they may help with certain achievements, for the benefit of keeping the core achievements connected to the Blitz songs, I won't be adding those as suggestions, but anyone with those songs are welcome to try them for Pinball Whiz and Good as Gold.

For DLC songs, as much as they may help with certain achievements, for the benefit of keeping the core achievements connected to the Blitz songs, I won't be adding those as suggestions, but anyone with those songs are welcome to try them for Pinball Whiz and Good as Gold.

Absolutely. Sounds fine enough.

After all, we don't want people buying songs to get a achievements.

D:

Absolutely. Sounds fine enough.

After all, we don't want people buying songs to get a achievements.

D:

It's more that, you shouldn't have to buy DLC you don't want to get other achievements that can be obtained with any other song already in Blitz. I got Pinball Whiz without using any DLC songs, as an example.

On top of that, not everyone will have 300 songs to get that far into the DLC achievements. I'd like to try and keep them seperate when possible, unless it's free... in which case anything goes.

It's more that, you shouldn't have to buy DLC you don't want to get other achievements that can be obtained with any other song already in Blitz. I got Pinball Whiz without using any DLC songs, as an example.

On top of that, not everyone will have 300 songs to get that far into the DLC achievements. I'd like to try and keep them seperate when possible, unless it's free... in which case anything goes.

I was being a smartass.

as long as the DLC was first loaded onto your HDD (not on another xbox), this should work

And if that was the case, you really need to do a license transfer to that Xbox so that you can play the songs offline (you know, like in RB3 or something, smarties), anyway, and in addition to making it no problem for your friend to log on and get it done. Of course, maybe being logged on a second controller while your friend plays on first would do the trick, too.

Edited by Felonious Monk
Heading off at the pass