Overview

+ Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10

+ Offline: 5 (100)

+ Online: 0 (0)

+ Approximate time: 2 hours

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2

+ Glitched achievements: None

+ Cheats: No Cheats

As with the main game Co-Op does not affect achievements, anything that you can unlock in single player will work exactly the same in Co-Op. Speaking of which it is probably recommended you play on co-op, so check the Trading thread for a partner. You need to play on Veteran to unlock Professional! You cannot use any of your weapons unlocked in the main RE5 game, which means no infinite anything. There is a section where you lose your guns and have to really on your knife and flash-bangs. Work together, use the map and lure the executioners into your trap. The amount of executioners you have to kill varies on difficulty (1 on Amateur, 3 on Normal, 4 on Veteran, 4 on Professional. Additional to Prof, the executioners will NOT appear on the mini-map so you really have to be careful). Once you play the game through once, you should know where everything is so you can zip through it in around 30-40 mins on Professional.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPmuLEo=.jpg Must've Got Lost 15G

Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on any difficulty setting.

Simply complete LiN on any difficulty and you'll get this when you get to the mission report screen

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPhO1Nk=.jpg It's Just a Bad Dream! 15G

Complete "Lost in Nightmares" with an S rank.

Believe it or not, this is possible on any difficulty. This is is based on how quick you are getting through, how many enemies you kill, how much treasure you collect and how accurate you are when shooting. Use the Stars guide to collect the Stars, kill rats/spiders to get more treasure, aim carefully with your weapons. You can run past most of the executioners as long as you kill a minimum of 4 it seems to count. Playing on Veteran will mean 4 executioners when you do the trap section will get you the kills you need. I played this on all 4 difficulties in co-op and got S, A, S, S, so it is possible to S rank! Cheevo will pop on the mission summary screen.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPpv3Ww=.jpg Night Terrors 40G

Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on Professional.

You have to complete on Veteran first to unlock Professional. See advice for It's Just a Bad Dream!, the biggest challenge will be the trap section as the executioners do not show on the map and they can use their big anchors to stop traps from falling! When they do this, throw a flash-bang which are found around the section in crates/barrels then perform a melee attack and get the hell out the way! This should spring the trap. If you are lucky and you have 2/3 executioners chasing you at once, then one trap can take out all those under it! Dont try and get all under one trap cause thats impossible, try and do 1-on-1. If it happens, it happens! When fighting Wesker, just be really quick on the dodge and spank that guy, or run around the pillars until it times out and he legs it. Cheevo will pop on the mission summary screen.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPm9RCA=.jpg Kung Fu Fighting 15G

Inflict a set amount of damage to Wesker in "Lost in Nightmares."

See here - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208951 - thanks to KingBroly, easiest done on Amatuer as you dont take as much damage but can be done on other difficulties as well. You know you are doing well when Wesker calls you cretins or doesnt want to be beaten by you. If you get a Large Score Star as a reward then you're good and the achievement will appear when Wesker goes to the window by the wheelchair.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPhdvLM=.jpg Wish Upon a Star 15G

Destroy all 18 of the Score stars found throughout "Lost in Nightmares."

Stars Guide - http://residentevilnews.com/342/lost-in-nightmares-score-star-locations-guide.php - thanks to projectego for posting it, has good text description and images! Can be done on any difficulty and they really arent that hard to find.

Edited by eviltb
cosmetic changes

Eviltb you forgot one tip for Veteran and Professional... that we found out by accident.. lol

At the part where have to walk up an circular ramp to where theres is a chest with a key behind some spiked bars that you have to raise up. On vet and pro you'll have 2 executioners chasing you around a small dangerous area with no real space to move. but if you trap your co-op partner behind the bars where the chest is. then jump out of the window to the lower level. you can walk back up the ramp and the executioners should be to occupied with the trapped player and not notice you until you get too close. they will just keep trying to get to the trapped player. and the free player can easily shoot them in the eyes on there backs and uppercut/kick them before quick turning and running away for 1-2 seconds.. if done correctly the executioners will ignore the player thats free and just keep trying to get the trapped player.

the player behind the bars is completely safe and cant be harmed. and can shoot the executioners in the eyes when they turn after being uppercuted/kicked. rinse and repeat till there dead. then you can free the trapped player and move on.

Edited by Deadly Moves

good guide

just a heads up for anyone who might run into this

The 16th score star was completely not showing up for me at all on multiple difficulties (tried all except Pro). Fortunately the issue was resolved after deleting and than reDLing LiN

Just trying to help anyone who might run into this

EDIT: I still haven't unlocked this achievement. I got the 16th star to show up last night by using the above method but I must've missed another

I was running through again and that damned 16th star is missing again

Anyone else run into this?

Edited by Krunk Fu II

I have to add. On Professional when the Executioners use their anchors to hold up the trap, you only need to flash them, you DO NOT have to melee them. Meleeing them is incredibly dangerous and certainly not needed. I played Professional 4 times in a row on XBL and didn't even consider going under the trap.

This is a pretty good guide, will have to give this a go on Professional mode soon. One question, do you need a co-op partner for this on Professional or can you go solo?

going solo is extremely easy, if you avoid an executioner so will jill, she's pretty good about not stopping and shooting them or anything stupid like that, having a partner would make wesker a little easier but I can't imagine that it would help much, I think either way would be about the same

good guide

The 16th score star was completely not showing up for me at all on multiple difficulties (tried all except Pro). Fortunately the issue was resolved after deleting and than reDLing LiN

EDIT: I still haven't unlocked this achievement. I got the 16th star to show up last night by using the above method but I must've missed another

There are 18 stars, you're missing two.

Also should note - you have to get all 18 in a single runthrough. You can't get some one time and the rest another.

going solo is extremely easy, if you avoid an executioner so will jill, she's pretty good about not stopping and shooting them or anything stupid like that, having a partner would make wesker a little easier but I can't imagine that it would help much, I think either way would be about the same

I got it solo. Not real hard at all. Difficulty should be 3 or 4/10 at the most.

Alright thanks for the tips. Professional on the main storyline is tough enough solo let alone for the DLC. I got killed over 50 times trying to get past El Gigante alone! :mad:

Thanks for the comments everyone. KB, name adjusted ;) spunyun, it says it right there in the road map, second sentence. I'll highlight it so it stands out. Not done this on solo so cannot comment on how hard it is playing it lonesome. I thought 7/10 was reasonable for someone who could be new to the game and jump straight to the DLC or when playing the Gold edition go straight into the extra missions.

good guide

You probably thought number 16 was number 15. You can see 16 even before you run into the zombie breaking the wall, just before going up the stairs. So I guess you missed 15 after shooting 16.

Excellent guide, thanks for putting it together!

I'm just reading through the star guide and it seems some of them (or maybe just the one) need to be found as Jill. Can you just do a playthrough as Jill and get them all or does Wish Upon A Star need to be unlocked in Coop?

EDIT: Nevermind, I read through the rest of the guide and found you can get them as Chris too.

Edited by beskurrd