Beating Athena on Hard

I have already posted a technique for the Darkness on x360a, I got to noticing that not only did Top Cow do this game but the menus of Athena and Darkness were very similiar, so I decided to test a theory. Just like on Darkness I played through (different profile) on easy the entire game til I met Revas at the end. I quit out to the dashboard and loaded the game again, this time I chose the memory card as my storage device and started Athena on hard and played til I reached a checkpoint. I then quit to the main menu(not dashboard) and selected options and select storage device, I chose my hard drive again and beat Revas. The achievement for Hard unlocked just like in Darkness. The only thing is I am unsure how to do normal using this method unless you copy your save first to another memory card. On Darkness the achievements stacked but on Athena they don't. If you haven't picked up all the collectibles before you do this it willl erase them just like it does on Darkness. I haven't tried this method out on Butcher Bay, but I am sure it will work.

Great Job if you went through hard, I am just throwing this technique out there, no one says anyone has to use it. I don't think its any different than those that use the difficulty glitch for Wanted:WOF, or who play the ending checkpoint on stranglehold or blacksite on the harder difficulties instead of playing the whole game on the harder difficulty. These forums and the guides posted for different games are filled with techniques like this, from adjusting sliders on football and basketball games to various difficulty glitches. No one has to use them but alot of them do.

Still that's great to go through Athena/Butcher Bay on Hard.

I'm interested in this incase I get screwed out of the achievement the normal way. You said I have to use 2 different gamertags? Or two different "profiles" within the game? If I play through on Hard on my gamertag and the chievo doesn't unlock, can I still implement your strategy here? Or did I have to start on a gamertag other than the one I ultimately want the chievo on?

I'm interested in this incase I get screwed out of the achievement the normal way. You said I have to use 2 different gamertags? Or two different "profiles" within the game? If I play through on Hard on my gamertag and the chievo doesn't unlock, can I still implement your strategy here? Or did I have to start on a gamertag other than the one I ultimately want the chievo on?

No man, lol, you are way off on that, you use a memory card and your one gamertag. That's it, if you don't mind re-read what I wrote on this and if you get to that last checkpoint and you are still unsure of what to do message me and I 'll be more than happy to walk you through it on the mic. I spend alot of time online and I have my gamertag attached to my log in for these forums.

Thanks for responding... what did you mean by profiles then? I got the memory card bit from what you said earlier.

I played the entire Dark Athena campaign on a different profile on easy man, I used a walkthrough on youtube and pretty much did it in one day although I missed a few things. On that profile is where I tested the technique

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to make sure that I stated that this difficulty glitch also works on Butcher Bay, my recommendation would be to use two memory cards so that you copy your save, otherwise if you don't and do this glitch it will erase all your collectibles and your online stats, so either do everything else first or use two memory cards.

I did it legit

It's really not that difficult . . .

Nice Job man, beating it on hard, I started this thread however for those who wanted other options in beating the game, I could have kept this too myself and posted in forums that I did it in one shot on hard, but what would be the point? I am trying to assist others if they need it, just like every other forum member who discovers a difficulty glitch or a short cut.

• 5 months later...