Play for an hour achivment issues!

KiddingPigeon

Hi all!

I am having an issue with this achievement ‘Persistence is a virtue’ I have a nokia Lumia 800 so will auto lock after 5 mins, there is not a none timer L

A few questions, it says play for an hour with no pausing, if I die like 4-10 times it pops saying ‘wana buy some slowdowns’ and then I have select continue… technically pausing the game…

Can any one please clear up this confusion for me L

I believe that this achievement is now glitched. I just started playing it recently and have been unable to get this achievement.

When the game was originally released, it did not have the slo-mo's. So as explained in the achievement guide, you could plug your phone into the charger and let it play itself for an hour straight, netting the achievement.

Now that the slo-mo's have been added (in an update at the beginning of January), the game automatically pauses itself after so many deaths, asking if you want to use a slo-mo. This makes the achievement impossible.

It'd be great if there was a fix for this, but I'm not holding my breath.

• 4 months later...

This achievement is still attainable but must be done in story mode. After the game asks u for the 3rd or 4th time if u want to use a slow mo, it will stop asking u. I just got it. Sat on my bed watching The Walking Dead marathon and kept tapping my screen and it popped. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
I believe that this achievement is now glitched. I just started playing it recently and have been unable to get this achievement.

When the game was originally released, it did not have the slo-mo's. So as explained in the achievement guide, you could plug your phone into the charger and let it play itself for an hour straight, netting the achievement.

Now that the slo-mo's have been added (in an update at the beginning of January), the game automatically pauses itself after so many deaths, asking if you want to use a slo-mo. This makes the achievement impossible.

It'd be great if there was a fix for this, but I'm not holding my breath.

There is no issue earning this. I am not sure those pop-ups actually count as a pause, but either way they only pop up three times then do not come up again. Just keep dying for 1 hour (while watching tv or something else) and tapping the screen occasionally. See the achievement guide for a detailed method

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=386429

• 1 month later...

The last post was a while ago, so I'm guessing this is no longer an issue... but I've found that the popups for slowdowns never show up in Practice Mode. I actually let Practice Mode run for a couple hours toward getting the 10hr Lover achievement (I'm getting ready to upgrade to WP8, but I didn't want to lose my time toward Lover. ;) )

The last post was a while ago, so I'm guessing this is no longer an issue... but I've found that the popups for slowdowns never show up in Practice Mode. I actually let Practice Mode run for a couple hours toward getting the 10hr Lover achievement (I'm getting ready to upgrade to WP8, but I didn't want to lose my time toward Lover. ;) )

Did you tap the screen or are you lucky enough to have one that has the "Never" setting. Thanks for the practice mode tip.