Achievement Guide

The Pants Party

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/232/cover.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/232/1Tc8P2Nh.jpg <---All the achievements have this picture, so I didn't bother putting them all in.

Spoon Fed Ogre: Complete the game in Charming Difficulty. (30)

Level select does not work for this achievement, you have to do every mission in Charming difficulty. Go to options to set the difficulty, then select the first mission. After that when you select "Continue" it will pick up where you left off, so you won't have to remember what level you stopped on. Most of the enemies take one shot to kill, so it won't take very long, especially if you've gone through the game once already and know where everything is. This costs 15,500 from the shop and will most likely be one of the last things you get. Work on finishing up the collector achievements while doing this.

Glorious Liege: Complete the game in Grimm Difficulty. (80)

Once again, level select does not work. This only costs 1,500 from the shop, so I would suggest doing a few levels on Normal, then buying this and starting over, that way you won't have to do the game three times, but just twice instead. Don't worry too much about any of the perfect level quests, you can use level select on Normal and go back to do any you miss.

Hail to the King!: Complete all 20 missions of the game for the first time in any difficulty. (60)

As it says, doesn't matter the difficulty, but whatever way you play through your very first time will unlock this. I would suggest doing Grimm first just so you don't have to go through the game that many times.

Questing Rookie: Complete 33% of the Challenge Quests in the game. (40)

Questing Fiend: Complete 66% of the Challenge Quests in the game. (50)

Questing Ogre: Complete all the Challenge Quests in the game. (80)

Challenge quests are everything on the checklist you can view by pressing start at any time during a level. Each level has a "perfect" achievement to get through the level without dying, so if you're going for these and you die, start over. You do have to find all the mugs to get these achievements, but you do not have to find the drawings. Most of them are extremely simple, aside from the collecting.

For the Fridge: Collect 33% of Coloring Book Pages in the game. (Any Difficulty) (30)

Upstart Artist: Collect 66% of Coloring Book Pages in the game. (Any Difficulty) (40)

Art Collector: Collect 100% of Coloring Book Pages in the game. (Any Difficulty) (50)

There is one drawing per level, except the tutorial and the catapult mini-game levels. See my post directly below for all the locations.

The Finisher: Perform 100 finishing moves. (50)

Anytime you see Y over an enemy's head, hit it. Shouldn't take long and after that you can just pummel everyone with X, because the finishing move animations are kind of annoying after a while.

The Juggler: Launch 50 Enemies into the air then catch them with Shrek. (40)

To do this, charge a punch with B and then follow the arrow/circle and position yourself under it. When the person is nearing the ground, hit the Y button to catch them. Takes some getting used to, but it's actually quite simple.

Survivor Shrek: Achieve a Perfect on every level. (Normal difficulty or higher) (60)

Obviously easiest on Normal, simply go through every level without dying. If you fall into a hole or off the side, this counts as dying and you'll need to start over. The health works much like Call of Duty where the sides of the screen will turn orange and then red when you're losing health, simply avoid getting hit for a bit and it will go back to clear. Go through the game first on Grimm for that achievement and you should get some of these done, then use level select on Normal to finish them up.

Super Ogre: Use Super Ogre Power 5 times with Shrek or Fiona. (30)

Collect blue orbs to fill the entire gauge in the upper left of the screen, then press LT+RT to trigger your Ogre Power, which is similar to a "Bullet Time" sequence. You just have to activate it, not kill any enemies or anything.

Novice Collector: Collect 33% of all Souvenir Mugs in the game. (Any Difficulty) (30)

Amateur Collector: Collect 66% Souvenir Mugs in the game. (Any Difficulty) (40)

Master Collector: Collect all Souvenir Mugs in the game. (Any Difficulty) (50)

Every level has a number of mugs hidden inside, you can only track your progress from level to level, but once you have them all on every level, you'll obviously be done. Break open every box or light or cauldron or anything, as well as explore all the "hidden" parts of the level that the camera doesn't see, run toward the camera and off to the sides. Your progress saves, so once you have a mug, you never have to get that same one again.

Ice Dragon Tamer: Defeat the Ice Dragon. (Normal Difficulty or higher). (30)

You will get this progressing through the story mode. Can't miss it. To defeat her, you need to do a jump attack and hit her in the head. If you are getting hit, jump onto the snow bank and keep jumping in a counter-clockwise circle while your health regenerates, then go back in for more.

Music Critic: Defeat Captain Hook. (Normal Difficulty or higher). (30)

Also got in story mode and can't be missed. All you have to do is defeat all his pirates and cannons, you never actually fight Hook himself. Just keep pummeling all the minions and it'll be over eventually.

Upstaged Charming: Defeat Prince Charming. (Normal Difficulty or higher). (30)

First you will have to defeat a bunch of minions, as well as a Cyclops which can be tricky (use a jump attack to kill the Cyclops, A, then B in the air). Arthur's B attack (spin move) is pretty useful here if there are a number of enemies. Charming will come down to attack you himself after a while, and some ropes appear on the stage. Cut down both ropes to free Shrek, then do a finishing move on Charming and he's done for.

The Collector: Complete all of The Collector series of quests. (60)

This is all the crowns, hooks, peg legs, etc. I think this is separate from the mugs and drawings, but I got both those achievements first, so I can't be sure if you still need those to get this one or not. They really are not difficult to find for the most part, just break open every barrel or anything you find and explore the "hidden" portions of the level that the camera doesn't tend to see. Run toward the camera and off to the sides whenever possible.

Super Ogre Power Extreme: Use Super Ogre Power 10 times with any character. (60)

Same thing as "Super Ogre," just an additional five times.

Ogre Smash!: Use Fairy Dust Attack 50 times with any character. (30)

A fairy dust attack counts both when you use only the LT attack (when your gauge is not full, but slightly filled) as well as when you use the LT+RT (when the gauge is full), so it should come about halfway through your first play through.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coloring Book Locations

Every stage except the tutorial and the two catapult mini-games have a page. I didn't number the mini-game stages, but just follow along with this and you'll be fine.

Level 2 (The Docks): After you exit the building with the statue of Hook, jump up to the left on a small ledge.

Level 3 (The Pirate Ship): This is in the first room, but you can't get it right away. Once you switch to Puss, backtrack and use his double-jump off the boxes and toward the camera.

Level 4 (Ye Olde Ruins): Just before entering the castle, break the lamp post on the right of the door.

Level 5 (Ye Olde Road): On the left side just before you encounter the wagon, there is a small offshoot with two boxes.

Level 6 (Academy Grounds): Punch all of the hedge statues and it will appear in the middle by the large dragon.

Level 7 (Prison Cell Block): When you float down toward the end of the level to activate a switch, it's toward the back of the pipe as you're floating.

Level 8 (High High Peak): After the first bridge, move toward the camera a bit and you can go down a slope to the left.

Level 9 (Ice Lake): As Arthur, when you come outside to activate the switch, move toward the camera on a narrow ledge.

Level 10 (Ice Cave): Inside the second snowman, on the right side of the passage.

Level 11 (Prison Detention Center): As soon as you start the level, move toward the camera and break the box.

Level 12 (Forest Ambush): You'll find it while breaking open all the cannons.

Level 13 (Merlin's Hills): After killing the guys who were throwing balls at you from the ledge, break the cannon to their left.

Level 14 (Evil Queen's Castle): In the left wing of the castle, get to the top where the lever is and jump across to the bookcase.

Level 15 (Stromboli's Workshop): In the room with the teeth, you need to climb to the top and to the left there is a present. Push that off and to the other side of the room to get on the slope the balls are sliding down, it is at the top.

Level 16 (Catacombs): In the room after you kick the stone block three times, take the small pulley up and break the box.

Level 17 (Rundown Streets): At the part with the cannon, make sure it doesn't knock over the double-stacked pedastal, then jump up onto it and jump once more to get the page.

Level 18 (The Grand Finale): In the barrel at the back of the stage.

So does the "Survivor Shrek" achievement need to be obtained on the first playthrough? I fell off a cliff in one level, finished the level, then went back and got a perfect on it the second time through. However, I didn't get the achievement after finishing the game, despite having perfects on every level...

So does the "Survivor Shrek" achievement need to be obtained on the first playthrough? I fell off a cliff in one level, finished the level, then went back and got a perfect on it the second time through. However, I didn't get the achievement after finishing the game, despite having perfects on every level...

No, you can go back with level select, but all the times you got perfect have to be on Normal or higher, so if you went back and did it on easy or charming it won't work.

Sorry to ask the blatantly obvious question, but If you finish it on hardest difficulty are you awarded the achievements for the earlier difficulties to, or is it like Gun and you have to play through each difficulty in turn?

It's "like GUN".

Also to note, you can level select missions out of order and get the other difficulty achievement at a random spot other than at the end. An example is, I did the last stage in Grimm Difficulty and then hopped around to the pirate ship and got to the last level (which I did not start as I forgot to do the tutorial) and then selected to the tutorial and got the achievement after finishing that level. As long as you complete every stage in a specific difficulty, you will get the achievement. Just too bad you do not know what difficulty you completed a stage in if you hop around like I did. I kept warping to high coin stages to buy stuff in the store =p

wow thx a lot for the coloring book location

I'm sure it'll help me finding my last damn book

cheers

edited: just a small tip at level 3, you can grab the book with shrek by jumping over the head of the pirate and then jump in the book direction

edited²: not useful stuff but here are the stage names if anyone wants to make sure where they are lol

Level 2: The Docks

Level 3: The Pirate Ship

Level 4: Ye Olde Ruins

Level 5: Ye Olde Road

Level 6: Academy Grounds

Level 7: Prison Cell Block

Level 8: High High Peak

Level 9: Ice Lake

Level 10: Ice Cave

Level 11: Prison Detention Center

Level 12: Forest Ambush

Level 13: Merlin's Hills

Level 14: Evil Queen's Castle

Level 15: Stromboli's Workshop

Level 16: Catacombs

Level 17: Rundown Streets

Level 18: The Grand Finale

thanks once again mate :D

its possible a mugs guide?

thanks

I'm sorry but I did not really think finding those was too difficult and I just blasted through the game in less than 24 hours and already returned it (was a rental), so I won't be able to make a guide for anything other than I've already done. If someone else would like to, I will gladly post it and add it to the guide.

Hayate, thanks for the level names, I added them into my post.

OK, so the achievements are for Charming and Grimm difficulties.

I did a couple of levels on Normal to get the coins to unlock Grimm.

The guide says "Level Select does not work" but when I am at the main menu the only option I get is to continue from where I left off on Normal? Surely just activating Grimm difficulty at level 3 wouldn't be enough for me to get the achievement or can I select Intro in level select and carry on from there?

Am I being an idiot? :confused:

OK, so the achievements are for Charming and Grimm difficulties.

Well, what I meant by "level select" was just picking the last level. Sorry about that. What you need to do is change the setting to Grimm and then choose the first level, then when you select continue from then on you'll be where you left off on Grimm. Same thing for Charming.

Well, what I meant by "level select" was just picking the last level. Sorry about that. What you need to do is change the setting to Grimm and then choose the first level, then when you select continue from then on you'll be where you left off on Grimm. Same thing for Charming.

Cheers mate - I presumed this is what you meant. I was having a Friday night blonde moment..;)

there's a pretty big glitch in the game.

I just beat it on normal mode, got all but 2 of the achievements or so i thought..

I went and got all quests on all levels. I beat the game, and it didnt give me the "Survivor Shrek"

Only reason is because on some levels if you fall off the map because of a glitch it sometimes will still give you the quest for not dying on the map. But the thing about that is it will show as you got it but at the end it wont give your the achievement.

I dont understand how you guys allready own the game? The game is released 8/23 2007.

The game came out 05/05/07 in the U.S.

So, if i'm getting things right, this is how you do it

• Play till you can unlock Grimm
  • Beat Grimm, doing quests and such
  • Play charming, finishing remainders,
  • Fixing in perfect levels betwixt and between?

That's basically a perfect way to do it as quickly as possible.

the coloring book in ye olde road i cannot find i have looked 5 or 6 times somebody help i did what this guide said and im still missing it

As you walk down the road, kill anyone in your way and constantly check the left of the road. Sometime before you get to the wagon, there is a very small, unnoticeable outcrop. Just keep checking the left side for any openings, it is sort of hard to spot.