Finally clarifacation on switching difficulties on the last battle!

CRAPYKAUH

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.

For anyone who wants conformation I am 100% possitive that *it worked for me*

One think that maybe changed things...

I beat it on easy then reloaded my save and beat it on hard.

Seriously doubt that has ANYTHING to do with it but then again I am not possitive either way.

Hmmm.

For anyone who wants conformation I am 100% possitive that *it worked for me*

One think that maybe changed things...

I beat it on easy then reloaded my save and beat it on hard.

Seriously doubt that has ANYTHING to do with it but then again I am not possitive either way.

if other people would report this "glitch" working then i would go try it. i dont want to start from the begining again and be super pissed that this didnt work, again. if someone can confirm this or the OP can make a 2nd profile on his 360 and replicate the results then i might just give it another go

I think if anyone is trying, don't expect it to work. Sure, give it a shot but this is pretty rare so don't count on it. And certainly don't feel bad if you did it the normal way.

I made a thread about getting "Tonic Collector" without saving any Little Sisters. No one else has confirmed it so it seems like it could also be one of those things that does not work for everyone.

I tried this a little bit earlier but had no success.

First, I beat the game on easy without having the DLC downloaded. Then I loaded up the auto-save on the elevator, switched to hard, and beat it. No achievement.

Then I loaded up a save before going up the elevator and switched to hard. I went up the elevator which created a new auto-save. I then beat it but no achievement.

I then beat it on hard from the new auto-save and no achievement.

Then I went and got the DLC and beat the autosave on hard again and no achievement.

So, I just gave up on it because I ran out of other scenarios to try.

Edited by Dukefan45

I tried this a little but earlier but had no success.

First, I beat the game on easy without having the DLC downloaded. Then I loaded up the auto-save on the elevator, switched to hard, and beat it. No achievement.

Then I loaded up a save before going up the elevator and switched to hard. I went up the elevator which created a new auto-save. I then beat it but no achievement.

I then beat it on hard from the new auto-save and no achievement.

Then I went and got the DLC and beat the autosave on hard again and no achievement.

So, I just gave up on it because I ran out of other scenarios to try.

What you could try is to trick the 360 or game disc.

All you have to do is a Nice, Format:C/

lmao jokes aside, Try this method: Load any save (preferably the one second closest to the boss battle ). Once you do that switch your difficulty setting to hard and then die( Right before your dead switch the difficulty to easy) Do this about 3-5 times until you end up on the "hard Dificulty". Save then reload it do the above method 2 more times then save again. Right now you should be in the "Hard Difficulty", Die once more then Save in hard difficulty.Turn off your xbox and turn it back on(dont connect to the internet) Clear your Xbox 360 cache as well as the "Bioshock update" Plus the Extra tonics.. But not the saves!!!! Once you do this turn off your xbox again then turn it back on(Internet pluged in)load bioshock and it should do the required updates, once done go to the dashboard. Re-Download The Extra tonics and what not.Once you do that play bioshock. Load the Save that you were doing the above method on. Go and Defeat Atlas.

And There you Have it How to Glitch/Trick You're Bioshock Save!!

You Should get the acheivement if not post here and i shall help you^_^

I'm really ticked that I didn't record this now...

OK my EXACT Scenario

Started a game on EASY WITH the DLC with VITA-CHAMBERS turned ON but NEVER died.

Collected ALL of the tonics and plasmids and all of the achievements execpt Avid Inventor.

Beat the game on EASY.

Started a game on HARD WITHOUT deleting my save.

While playing the first level on HARD I got the idea and RE-LOADED my EASY save and switched the difficulty to HARD.

Defeated ATLAS and got both achievements.

I seriously doubt it would only work for me.

I'm tempted to try this just for confirmation's sake...

My hard game is at the point where I have to fight the hook-hand-lady-thing before whats-his-face will let me in. So I don't even have the camera yet. I am I even at the halfway point yet?

And will I need to delete this save and/or cache to make this work?

You are about 15% done.

And no I didn't have to delete anything.

I'm really ticked that I didn't record this now...

OK my EXACT Scenario

Started a game on EASY WITH the DLC with VITA-CHAMBERS turned ON but NEVER died.

Collected ALL of the tonics and plasmids and all of the achievements execpt Avid Inventor.

Beat the game on EASY.

Started a game on HARD WITHOUT deleting my save.

While playing the first level on HARD I got the idea and RE-LOADED my EASY save and switched the difficulty to HARD.

Defeated ATLAS and got both achievements.

I seriously doubt it would only work for me.

Tried it an hour ago, started new game on HARD and loaded Fontaines Save, switched to Hard, beat him - no achievement. Did use Vita Chambers though, so brass balls would be impossible but seriously good at this also did not unlock.

Well, just to add my two pence on this. Have all achievements for Bioshock except Brass Balls and Seriously... I beat the game on easy once, got all the achievements except Historian and PhD. Made a new game on Easy with the new D/L content, Disabled the Vita-Chambers, as I did not even die the first time I went through the game. Beat the game again, got my Historian and PhD. I have a save at the GG outside the elevator to Fontaine (I still call him Atlas in my head O_o). From that save where I beat the game with Vita-Chambers disabled, I have tried every suggestion in this thread, beat Fontaine five times switching to Hard mode from my Easy save etc. And the last two achievements are not unlocked. I am in Neptune's Bounty now on my Hard save and it's going so evil... I am so glad you can hack cameras/turrets etc. Sigh.

Whoever can get the switch to Hard glitch to work is a lucky sod indeed.

Didn't work for me. I happened to be playing through on easy to get the "Dealt With Every Little Sister" achievment 'cause it glitched up on me on my first playthrough on hard *where I got every achievment except for that one nad brass balls*. So the achievment finally unlocked at point premethius after I harvested the second LS and so i decided to play to the end and see if it worked. In short, it didn't :p I tried about 4 times but it never unlocked :( meh, your either a lucky bastard or you're lying and just laughing at the fact that so many people have tried :p lol

this thread should be locked. This isnt confirmed and no one can replicate what the OP did. there is no use in keeping this thread alive since the OP was just lucky getting those 2 achievements to pop. I would like to see ONE person who replicated the results. Its kinda pissing me off really. this thread is giving people false hope. And when people gp tp try it and dont bother to read all the posts theyu are gonna get pissed as well. I say close this thread and if the OP can replicate the results again to open the thread.

Edited by dethklok

Hi. I registered here just to reply to this.

The thing I noticed that the OP did different that I didn't notice anybody else do, is that he started a new game on hard, then re-loaded his easy game and set it to hard. It could have been that little move that helped him unlock the achievements, and I didn't see anybody else here say that they did the same.

So, if someone wants to beat it on easy without using a vita-chamber, start a new hard game then load up your easy, switch it to hard difficulty and beat it again, let me know if you unlock that.

And of course you need the friggin' DLC to unlock the achievement. For crud's sake, hahah.... That's like complaining that your sandwich fell all over your lap because you forgot the bread. :)