Great Legend Shemp Howard's Guide to the Wanted Achievement!

rdowdy95

What was once called the Top Secret Boost on TrueAchievements.com is now coming at you live from Liberty City! Come along for the ride of your life and watch The Great Legend Shemp Howard do what he does best. Are you tired of playing Hangman's Noose for the Wanted Achievement in GTA IV? Do you want to earn $200,000 to $300,000 in one 2-3 hour match? Do you want to be the first one to get $700,000 in one match? Get the Wanted Achievement in GTA IV quicker and much more efficient than flying that drunken Russian to the baseball field. What was once only known by 25 people worldwide is now known to the whole world compliments of The Great Legend Shemp Howard!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJJwUkaw80]YouTube- GTA IV Wanted Achievement Guide (Part 1 of 5)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC8-dY36i5s]YouTube- GTA IV Wanted Achievement Guide (Part 2 of 5)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEjkH_IGhsU]YouTube- GTA IV Wanted Achievement Guide (Part 3 of 5)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYek2QG35c]YouTube- GTA IV Wanted Achievement Guide (Part 4 of 5)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTZeqDJkPQ]YouTube- GTA IV Wanted Achievement Guide (Part 5 of 5)[/ame]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So guys...I was trying to do this thing. It's quite hard since it involves the movements of two people and it's also quite long. Moreover the videos won't help understanding what is important to DO and what NOT to do to activate the glitch. In other words, sure that a video is the greatest help, but it's also impossible to understand the key parts and the roles.

Therefore, the question to those who know how it works is the following: can you please sum up the fundamental steps that the two boosters have to do in order to trigger the glitch? It would be of a great help, right now I personally can't understand what to do; sure, "just do what's in the video", the problem is it's not so simple to coordinate two people and repeat the exact same things. If I know what I must absolutely do to make it right, I'll be able to move as I prefer and do it my own way being sure to satisfy the key points of the glitch.

Ouch man, can you please just make a list of the things you and your partner do? I know it will take 2-3 minutes, but that would be great.

For example, is it relevant if it's the hoster who does the sniper or the non-hoster? (i.e. are the roles interchangeable?)

I'd really need of a quick summary of actions that A and B have [not] to do. In the video it's shown that you don't have to go past certain places, but how can I know if he's just doing it because it's a must or because it happened? Looking at the video I can't even understand if we need to make one of us driving the truck and the other following or we can both be on the truck, I can't just understand if I have to shoot guys in a particular order or it's just that the guys who recorded happened to do that. To be paranoid about this, I can't even decide if I have to change the radio station or not, because maybe (just in a theoretical situation) that's the "must" of the glitch. That's why I need point by point what to do. Call me retard, but so far I haven't understood how this thing works. Also because I don't know what I can do and what my mate can do, if he must take the credits for killing one enemy or it's the same if either I or he kill them. Right now we are both trying to respect exactly the videos, but if we could know which are the key points we could just respect them and then improvise for the rest.

Therefore, the question to those who know how it works is the following: can you please sum up the fundamental steps that the two boosters have to do in order to trigger the glitch? It would be of a great help, right now I personally can't understand what to do; sure, "just do what's in the video", the problem is it's not so simple to coordinate two people and repeat the exact same things. If I know what I must absolutely do to make it right, I'll be able to move as I prefer and do it my own way being sure to satisfy the key points of the glitch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the instructions:

*All 8 enemies in the vehicles at the beginning must die (4 kills/$400 apiece)

*Host drops off partner at another helicopter spawn

*Host drives to and lands on the front of the boat while the the partner drives to and lands on the roof of the building nearby.

*All 8 enemies on the deck of the boat must die and the host must not go down off the ledge until they're all dead (team total 16 kills/$1600)

*After they're dead the host needs to go drop down the ledge but not pass the stairs to spawn 5 more enemies and kill them.

*The host walks towards the sniper spawn past the stairs but not past the crate to the left and aims the sniper so that the bottom of the reticule is located near the top of the balcony

*Once the sniper spawns (your partner tells you) the host kills him.

*To check if the glitch is working, the host has to look away (click RS) and the sniper that just died should respawn along with another guy on the top.

*Host clears out the kitchen area and does NOT go up the steps inside.

*Partner lands chopper on the second set of crates from the front of the boat and host takes it and "touches" the roof where the snipers spawn

*Host goes to pick up partner (partner gets in helicopter seat behind the host) and then they land the chopper back on top

*Both players drop down, take out the enemies, and plant the bomb

*Partner stays in the top room to take out enemies, host drops down between the lifeboat and the wall, does a 180, kills another guy, jumps down, and enters the room beneath the partner

*After each kill the host has to look away to spawn the sniper again, etc

*The host can go down the hallway where they spawn to pick up the health (in one of the side rooms) but can NOT go through the door on the other end to grab the armor (can still grab the armor by hugging the wall though). Also, on both outside decks the host cannot go past the nearest windows

*Use all MAC-10 and AK47 ammo so that when you die you respawn with full ammo again

*First person to run out of ammo goes to pick up another chopper and second person waits at an intersection nearby

*Either person must land the helicopter on the roof again, knocking the other helicopter off first

*Repeat until last lives

*Plant the second bomb (preferably using the other "fall through the boat" glitch) to finish the game

Edited by dakisbac

*Host must land the helicopter on the roof again, knocking the other helicopter off first

awesome post man! Just want to point out that this one doesnt really matter; doesnt have to be the host.

My mate always runs out of ammo first, so he gets the new chopper and knocks the other one off.

awesome post man! Just want to point out that this one doesnt really matter; doesnt have to be the host.

My mate always runs out of ammo first, so he gets the new chopper and knocks the other one off.

Thanks, will update.

That's great dakisbac, really thanks a lot, exactly what I needed. Now I'm gonna try this and see if we can do it all fine.

Just one thing: can't we step a little onwards and take the ammos from the dead respawns to keep the trick done, theoretically, forever?

The people you are killing are snipers. Despite what Shemp says you can continue killing until you're out of ammo for each weapon, so I guess in theory you're correct that you could keep picking up sniper ammo indefinitely, but after the MAC-10/AK47 killing is less efficient so you might as well follow the guide. Plus, you're already making 250k+ for a 3 hour game so do you want to get greedy and risk say, the game/your box freezing at a point when you should already be done the match?

dakisbak is the man!

one thing to edit in your text guide dak is the host gets in the copter from the 2nd set of crates and touches down on the top for a split second or two then he lands back on the 2nd set of crates. But what this does is trigger some of the bad guys out of the middle part of the boat. AKA triggers some more smg guys to come out of the boat so they can be killed. Doing this makes it easier for the host because if you didnt kill these guys host would have to kill all smg guys in the middle part before he starts killing all the snipers that respawn on the middle of the boat.

So add after you touch down on the roof tell your partner to kill all the other guys that come out the door.

Thanks so much dak for your text guide again. Good work and glad it is working for you.

Which is the best way to get as fast headshots as possible as the hoster? So far my best rate is one each 3 seconds but I have to look away and it's quite slow anyway, or one each 4 seconds without looking away and it's even slower of course.

By the way, no need to kill all the 8 car enemies or the 8 on the bridge at first, and I'll check if the touchdown is just as useless at it looks or actually affects something.

Edited by Starlight126

• 3 weeks later...
Which is the best way to get as fast headshots as possible as the hoster? So far my best rate is one each 3 seconds but I have to look away and it's quite slow anyway, or one each 4 seconds without looking away and it's even slower of course.

By the way, no need to kill all the 8 car enemies or the 8 on the bridge at first, and I'll check if the touchdown is just as useless at it looks or actually affects something.

You want to kill the 8 guys at the beginning. The reason why is sometimes they will come and find you while you are doing your stuff on the boat. Or say when you finish up your ammo and go get another copter you will see some random guy from the armored truck convoy on the street. The reason you kill the 8 on the bridge is so you don't have to deal with them when you are running around on the bridge area to get ready for the 1st touchdown.

Now the reason you do the 1st 1-2 sec touchdown is to force spawn some more SMG guys out of the boat's mid deck. It makes things easier on the host because when you drop down in front of that door on the mid sniper balcony you won't have all the SMG guys gunning for you. There bullets from the enemies are very powerful and if you die that is a valuable life lost.

One other thing what you are virtually doing with this glitch is you are controlling what enemies spawn and what enemies don't spawn. Take for instance the way you would play bdb2 normally. You go up the stairs in the kitchen and when you touch those stairs in the kitchen it makes guys spawn in the mid deck so you have more guys to kill on your way to the top of the boat. Then you will run outside the mid deck doors on a catwalk (a catwalk you don't want to be on because it spawns more guys w/ smgs on the way to the top bomb.) That is why those are no safe zones during this glitch. You land on those and snipers stop spawning all together. Therefore, it is safer to do what I do in the videos because in the long run you will not have as many accidental deaths. Accidental deaths could mean about $50,000 per one life wasted in this method.

For this method you are trying to get rid of as many guys in your way as you can...And you do...You will only run into 4 guys in the engine room before non-host gets all his kills on those snipers on the very top deck. Also this will make the mid deck easier again because no random guys with SMGs will be there.