Rammers always spoil the online races.

acurate bob

I ain't had this game long.

Played online for only about 1 or 2 hours.

But I probably won't again.

It's full of people who need to crash out other people to get ahead. Many times iv gotten into first place only on next corner to be violently rammed and tossed about like wet paper.

Now I know this is a problem wih online racing games, a few even punish people for doing it, but this one takes the piss.

At least on Forza they need to pay to repairs their cars. But on this here's nothing to stop them from ramming. So I need to stay on the point to point to get any fun outta multiplayer.

There isint even a no contact option. Except for going the wrong way and stopping. But you should have a limit to how many cars can be hit by you. Then place you back like they pressed the BACK button. Spoils it for any new players on it. Like me.

• 2 months later...

Rammers have always been a problem in this game. It's one of the reasons I gave up on it all. That, and the fact that the PC version is pretty damn glitchy.

There are some non-contact races though - off the top of my head, Rally is non-contact, and same with Trailblazer. There are probably more than that as well. I'm pretty sure it's sorted into the contact and non-contact types when you go into the Multiplayer section, but most people just go with all types.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I must admit im going for the rank 30 online achievement and im on 28 now and once i hit 30 i wont touch the online again.

The community in the game are the worst ive come across on xbox live what with ramming on purpose in most cases and foul language its just not fun.

• 3 weeks later...
I must admit im going for the rank 30 online achievement and im on 28 now and once i hit 30 i wont touch the online again.

The community in the game are the worst ive come across on xbox live what with ramming on purpose in most cases and foul language its just not fun.

I've just started the online, and I had ranked players over 100 and 150 t-bone me at every corner ! I guess the only way to get the GS for causious is to play the boring non contact races, then worry about the rest it seems.

Either way I shall try and get to 30, but then I shall sell the game as it's pointless when the multiplayer is like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A lot of people tend to do that. However if you are on long enough you might run into a good group of people. It gets bad when there are about 8 in a lobby for say Solo Pro Tour on Skirmish (Rallycross, Landrush, Raid, Buggies). Some guys seem to not understand the purpose of a brake. Don't give up on it. It's better to hang back when the race begins and let everybody wreck in the first turn, then cruise on by like nothing happened.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Rename this thread, "Why I don't play online with random players".

lol

Have to say i've not touched online yet but i use ramming in single player, but then i don't mind if the comps bitch. Wouldn't do it online though, least not on purpose, i'm not exactly great at driving games so tend to slide about alot, esp in this lol

Every online community has its bad eggs though, be it CoD, BF or this.

The other thing you need to remember though is latency. Sure you may be in the US with 10 ms latency to the servers. But other people are further away with crappier connections. That could add up to a half second difference in what you see on your screen and what they see on theirs. The collisions may be accidental.

The other thing you need to remember though is latency. Sure you may be in the US with 10 ms latency to the servers. But other people are further away with crappier connections. That could add up to a half second difference in what you see on your screen and what they see on theirs. The collisions may be accidental.

This is very true. While the whole 10ms - 100ms thing may seem small, as any FPS player will tell you (read:moan) its huge, and actually it is noticeable especially in fast paced games.

• 3 months later...

This may account for the odd collision here and there. From what I've seen most of the collisions in this game are most definitely are caused on purpose by people who must win at any cost and can't bear to see anybody else ahead of them.

• 2 weeks later...

This pisses me off too. I purposely always get rammed into and nudged off the track by idiots, it appears that even the higher ranked players do it. Trailblazer & Rally are the only 2 non-contact races you can do in the online Pro Tour.

With the contact races, a usefull tip (previously mentioned by Phanton Anubis) is to just hang back a little at the start of the race and 90% of the time 1-4 will smash into each other at the first corner then you can just whizz past (while laughing at those idiots) and then have plenty of time & space to catch the leader(s).

I too, once I have reached level 30 & got the Rush Hour achievement will never touch this game again, not online anyway.