I got 72k, I wanna help you get it too. (SUV method)

EVIL V1P3R

Gents. Ladies.

I can't see me getting 1k on this game, online achievements being the deciding factor. For this reason I'm not massively bothered about cleaning up the ones I could get.

This achievement falls into this category. In real time, how long does this take and is it as painfully full as the DR genocide one? 40 points for 5 hours of mindnumbingly rubbish gameplay isn't my forte when I know I'm not gonna 100% it.

Thoughts?

Great guide by the way. Feel it'll be easy enough if I try, just not sure I can put myself through it.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got this on my first try.

I don't know how anyone else was having difficulty, getting 3k before Katey dies means 3k up when the military countdown begins.

Only problem was pacing myself, and finding a good route. Didn't take that long, as I said, the 3k difference compared to some guidelines helped loads and eased nerves.

I got 72k by 4:30am on Day 4.

• 3 weeks later...

I successfully got the achievement last night! It was a long time getting it, but nothing compared to maxing all characters levels in Blue Dragon! I followed the strategy perfectly, and I was able to get it at 9 AM on the final day (so with just one game-hour remaining). Crazy thing was that I never really goofed off one bit and I BARELY made it. I made 3 Quick Steps before I started it so that I would have some health and then quickly be able to get back on the right track. I was maxed out at level 50 when I did this and I needed exactly 3 Quick Steps worth of health for the whole 72,000. I got the driving magazine at the beginning too. It's EXTREMELY important to do this because you need the golf cart to get to the SUV. In the drive to get to the SUV, you'll get at least 100 kills. So, ten trips to the SUV and you have another 1,000 kills. In the end, using the golf cart will net you over 7,000 additional kills through the whole achievement process. If you do NOT have the driving magazine than either your golf cart will break-down halfway there or you'll miss a lot of free kills. If I didn't use the golf cart, I may not have gotten the achievement. If you do just what the guide says and have 12,000 more kills every 12 hours, you'll be just fine. I was RIGHT on the mark every 12 hours. Do NOT take ANY time to goof off or you will NOT get this. I'm excited that I got it on my first try too. It took me six nights of just listening to music and grinding at this. I only played for an hour or so each night, so it's not really that bad. NOW if only I can find someone to help me get the Co-Op achievement. Good Luck guys!!! It's very possible if you follow this guide exactly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn I was so close but the army showed up. I ended up having 71,367 kills. Im pretty sure i'll get it the next time I do it.

[Edit 1] I was able to get it on my second try with 4 hours left to spare.

Edited by Lonz93

Was on day 4 - 5:26 AM with 67067 zombies killed.

I was using the cart - suv - save in the middle method.

I was depressed as no matter what I did I would always end up 500 kills short. So I switched to the Yucatan reset and used Kalscension's method listed in post #38. Got it with 147 kills to spare.

Just to let you guys know to never give up if its that close

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide, just got it with hours to spear so it helped a lot, thanks again!

On another note, this achievement was so stupid and unnecessary. The tradition of 53k is fun, but 72k that's just taking it to far. What significance does the number even hold, was there ever mentioned that FortuneCity hold 72k tourists at any point?

I just gunned for it since I wanted to do the 53k one and it was like now or never for this at that point. Perhaps it would be okay if the number held any meaning, but it's too late now I'm all ready done LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...