Quest - A Cure for Vampires

Sci0n

well i think Bethesda screwed the game up it means i cant go out in the day light and have 2 do a stupidly long quest just to get it cured i would of liked the advise when i caught the desise :p but i spose they have ruined it for me i think finding the grand soul gems is enough but having to do the rest is silly it should be alot easyer than this.

There's really no reason to ever actually become a vampire though. Once you know you've contracted the disease, within 72 hours just fast travel to any city and use the altar in the church, drink a cure disease potion or eat an ingredient that has a cure disease effect and you won't become one.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always felt that being a vampire was interesting, but they never did anything with it to really make it worthwhile staying as one. Once the novelty wore off it was just a pain in the ass.

They really needed to open up a guild or long quest line for vampires. Perhaps giving you the option of being totally free of the curse or becoming a daywalker or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

51 guaranteed samples of individual garlic can be found. The places with the highest numbers of samples are:

It can also be found randomly in the inventories of food vendors and in some loot chests.

there most of the guranteed samples of garlis so you dont need to buy them

Quest - A Cure for Vampires

There are a number of ways to iniate this quest. Here is how I did it: I went to Cheydinhal's Chapel of Arkay, though any chapel should do. Talk to someone in there about a cure. They will start you on the quest.

The first step in the quest is to talk to Raminus Polus about a cure. You can find him in the Arcane University located in Impereal City. He will tell you a bit about it, and refer you to Count Hassildor. You can find him in Skingrad. Talk to his stuard, then eventually he will talk to you. He will tell you about how he and his wife are vampires, and while he lives with it, she could not, and went into a coma. He needs the cure to get her out. He then tells you about witches long ago who could do it, and about one of them which may still be alive.

You can find the witch along the Corbolo river, which is east of the Impereal City. Here is where the fun begins. Before she will help you, you have to help her. She requests you bring her five empty grand soul gems. These are tough to find, and this is where your Thieves guild work is going to come in handy. Before working on this, go get some lockpicks from your fence.

Gem One: This is an easy one. Go to the Impereal City Market District. Find the Mystique shop. He has one gem for sale. Four to go.

Gem's Two- Four:Your lockpicking skills better be up to snuff now. Head to Arcane Univerity. Best to go at night, you will be theifing. Go inside, and on the first floor there is a chest with three Gems inside. All are Grand gems, but I believe two of them are not empty. Take them all wayways. Its a level 5 lock, so your going to have to work at it, but its worth the effort. Make sure no one sees you. Once you get it open, take them all.

Gem Five: Head to the Chorral Mage's Guild. Inside, there is a staircase, and display cases to the left and right. The one to the right looks tempting, three gems inside. None are grand though, save your picks. The one the left has one though. It's another level 5 lock, so good luck to you. Once you get this, you have five, but two probably aren't empty. No matter, the hard part should be over.

Gem Six: Head to the Bruma Mage's Guild now. Walk straight in and slightly to the left into their little shop. If the shopkeep isn't there, wait for her. When she comes back, barter with her. She's got an empty gem. If you don't have money, you can try to pickpocket it off her, but I found it easier to just buy it.

Gem Seven: Head to the Cheydenhol Guild now. To your left and down the stairs, talk to the shopkeep. Same as before, buy it, or try and pick it from her if you wish. Congradulations, you now have your five emptys, and your probably a pro at lockpicking by now.

Go visit Melisande again now. She will take your gems, but you aren't done yet. She says she can probably make the cure, but you need a slew of ingreadiants. She asks you to find six Garlic Cloves, five Nightshade Leaves, 2 BloodGrass Shoots, The Blood of an Argonian, and the dust of the vampire Hindaril. Collect the first three items first. Much like the gems, this can be quite tedious. Below you will find locations for all the ingreadiants you need.

Garlic Cloves: These are fairly easy to find. Many Alchemy shops, Inns, and Mages Guilds have them. Just work your way from shop to shop until you have six. I know that the Alchemy shop in the Impeareal City has one. I also found two in an Inn in Chorral, and they restock every few days. This should not be to hard.

Nightshade: This proved to be the hardest. First, head to Impereal City, to the same Alchemy shop you got your Garlic. She should have two. After a few days, she will restock one more. After that, she will have no more. That gives you three. A fourth one can be found from the shopkeep in the Corral Mages Guild. Go purcahse that. That leaves one more, or two if you do not feel like waiting a few days for the Impereal City shop to restock. For these you will be hearding to Cheydinhal. Quick travel to the west gate, and then exit the city through the west gate. Turn to your left and follow the cities wall until it ends. Now look to your left, you should see a large right with a tree to the right of it. Next to that tree, you will find a Nightshade plant. To your left, there is a lake, and you should see some old pillars across the lake. Swim across to them. Now face South, and follow the edge of the lake until you come to a tree with small rocks on either side. You will find a couple different plants up against the tree, one of which will be Nightshade.

BloodGrass: This is the easiest part of your quest. The Alchemy shop in Impereal City has four, so buy two of them, and your done. If you are feeling like that was to easy, this stuff is all over Oblivion. Enter a gate and grab some. Your choice.

Blood of an Argonian: Melisande gives you a special dagger or this. You don' need to kill them, just give thema good stab and hide so the gaurds don't nab you. For those of you who don't know, an Argonian is the lizard looking people.

Hindaril's Vampire Dust: If you are at a decent level by now, this should be a breeze. At level 5, this was a cakewalk. Go to the location on your map. It is pretty straightforwared navigating your way there. Once inside the cavern, you will have a few things to pick off before you get to your vampire. I ran into a few rats, a few skeltons, and two lesser vampires before I got to him. I made short work of them all. Hindaril was the easiest of them all though. He did not use a weapon at all, he tried to kill me with his fists. I made short work of him. Maybe I just got lucky, but this was far from difficult.

So, you now have everything. Take it all back to Melisandre. She will tell you she can prepare the cure, and to come back in 24 hours. This is it. Go enjoy your last night as a Vampire. Feast on everyone you can get your bloody hands on. Then go take a nap. The next day, pay your friend a visit again. The cure will be done. Feel free to drink it. You are now officially cured, but your quest isn't over. Remember the count? Head back to Skingrad and pay him a visit. You will be taken to the place where his wife rests. Melisandre will be there also. After a bit of dialouge, he gives her the cure, but it kills her. He requests you give him 24 hours to greive. Go back into the Count's Mansion and just wait for 24 hours. Same as before, talk to the Count. He will thank for you putting his wife at ease, and reward you with 500 gold. The quest is now officially complete.

No he rewarded me with 1000 gold:confused:

Thank you soo much. I HATE being a vampire. You have to come out at night, because you will die when you're in sunlight. You have to constantly feed on people. I never even asked to be one. I spent the night in an inn one night a woke up and said that I had some dream and that I became a vampire.

unfortunately im part of the thieves guild and that could probably screw me over by feeding on a beggar =/

No, you can feed on anyone you want to. I'm in the thieves guild and I fed on a beggar, nothing happened.

I am now regular in 5..4..3..2..1. Wait, aww I gotta wait 24 hours... Okay.

Woo hoo! I hated being a vampire, but it's all good. :) Wow, I just realized the last couple posts are all from me.

Edited by CovertDog

• 2 months later...

Found this on youtube - the addon is only a couple hundred points at most, maybe 250? Anyway, this seems like a lot faster and easier and less of a headache if it actually works. I'm going to load it up just to find out. I don't know if this was posted yet or not because I was too lazy to read past the initial post, but if it wasn't... then here ya go!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vrnsKywG4I&feature=related]YouTube - Oblivion: A Very Quick Way To Cure The Vampire Disease[/ame]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

damn it is this quest glitched

Just did it and ran into gamebreaking glitches multiple times, so I had to reload previous saves again.

Anyway the alchemist shop had 6 nightshades so I didn't had to search somewhere else. I found one near the cursed mine at Skingrad anyway.

Finally I'm cured. Was a pain with all this bugs 'n' reloading.

• 4 weeks later...

What a pain in the ass! Finally did it, took me around 2,5 hour "waste" time, and i dont even know how i become a vampire, only sleeped at an inn and it happende ;S.

By waste time i mean. Since you dont do anything for getting achievements it is more or less a waste of time and a pain in the ass