WDC Expert mode Progress

f1ferrari

I have fuel and tyre sim on, in a Virgin at Bahrain I can go around 1:58/9

However 2nd season in the Ferrari I pulled a 1:55 in qualifying and 1:56/7 through the race. Everything is generally a little sharper in a better car adding up to a big difference.

I imagine it will be even bigger at Red bull/Mclaren.

thanks for the heads up. I will just put it on medium then for the first season and breeze through it. At least i know a better car will knock significant time off with a better car. My problem is i used the setups on the site that listed on this forum, but i dont have a wheel. It seems that setups for a wheel will make the car handle drastically different when driving with a controller.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it does....

Damn it! I just want to be able to research what I want for now. Fernando doesn't half research useless crap!

thanks for the heads up. I will just put it on medium then for the first season and breeze through it. At least i know a better car will knock significant time off with a better car. My problem is i used the setups on the site that listed on this forum, but i dont have a wheel. It seems that setups for a wheel will make the car handle drastically different when driving with a controller.

Wheel makes a big difference from what I see, but I've not used a controller on this game. Brad would tell you though, he's used both.

R&D upgrades do not carry across to the next season. Depending on your position in the Championship however, your car may perform better.

So after a few seasons, I could make a Virgin car have better performance than the Red bull? Dependant on my results.

So after a few seasons, I could make a Virgin car have better performance than the Red bull? Dependant on my results.
It's possible. In my current season (5) the Force India team is in third in the Constructors Championship. Teams can get better and worse as you progress through your career. If you stick with your starting team, they will eventually be able to rival the top teams. You can really feel the difference between seasons, when your car's performance has been increased.

It's possible. In my current season (5) the Force India team is in third in the Constructors Championship. Teams can get better and worse as you progress through your career. If you stick with your starting team, they will eventually be able to rival the top teams. You can really feel the difference between seasons, when your car's performance has been increased.

Is it like... The car will feel like it did at the end of last season, at the start of the next?

Is it like... The car will feel like it did at the end of last season, at the start of the next?

A lot better in my experience. I stayed with Lotus from season 1 to season 2 and the difference was like night and day. I had a couple of wins in my first season, but mostly mid pack finishes. Second season, I was on the podium every race.

Steve Hood (IIRC) confirmed that the upgrades do not carry across between seasons, on Codemasters forum. I'm not pulling the info out of thin air. :p

A lot better in my experience. I stayed with Lotus from season 1 to season 2 and the difference was like night and day. I had a couple of wins in my first season, but mostly mid pack finishes. Second season, I was on the podium every race.

Steve Hood (IIRC) confirmed that the upgrades do not carry across between seasons, on Codemasters forum. I'm not pulling the info out of thin air. :p

Lies. Lies. Lies. I always get my info from thin air, it makes things more fun :D

I finally got this achievement, wow was not that easy :D

Here is my final ranking:

Me: 182 points

Hamilton: 163 points

Webber: 162 points

Button: 161 points

Alonso: 161 points

Sorry for not recording every result, but I managed to be 1st in 5 races (Bahrein, Montreal, Valencia, Monza and Sao Paolo).

Good luck to everybody who's trying to get that ;)

I have fuel and tyre sim on, in a Virgin at Bahrain I can go around 1:58/9

However 2nd season in the Ferrari I pulled a 1:55 in qualifying and 1:56/7 through the race. Everything is generally a little sharper in a better car adding up to a big difference.

I imagine it will be even bigger at Red bull/Mclaren.

I cant figure this game out. My best lap ever in the vigin car at bahrain was a 1:59.xxx and most of my laps were above 2:00.xxx So last night i decided to give to load up bahrain on expert. Same car, same set up and i ran in the 1:56.1's and got pole. Even my slowest lap was faster than my previous fastest lap. Is still think i am going to do the first season on medium or hard because i dont know the tracks. Does anyone had a list of times that i can expect the top qualifiers to run for each track on expert. This way i can gauge how my times would compare if i bumped it up to expert.

I cant figure this game out. My best lap ever in the vigin car at bahrain was a 1:59.xxx and most of my laps were above 2:00.xxx So last night i decided to give to load up bahrain on expert. Same car, same set up and i ran in the 1:56.1's and got pole. Even my slowest lap was faster than my previous fastest lap. Is still think i am going to do the first season on medium or hard because i dont know the tracks. Does anyone had a list of times that i can expect the top qualifiers to run for each track on expert. This way i can gauge how my times would compare if i bumped it up to expert.

To be honest, that just sound like practice. Sounds like you've figured out the track and are cutting your times.

To be honest, that just sound like practice. Sounds like you've figured out the track and are cutting your times.

I hope your right. problem is i have only raced about 15 laps since i have gotten the game. (trying to finish modern warfare 2). I do agree with you though about getting better. My major problem with this game is the feel of the car. I am used to Forza where the cars are so smooth and easy to drive. I was surprised when i started this game how jerky, powerful, and aggressive the cars were. I was expecting an f1 car to handle with ease, but i guess i didnt take the massive power to weight ratio into consideration.

I hope your right. problem is i have only raced about 15 laps since i have gotten the game. (trying to finish modern warfare 2). I do agree with you though about getting better. My major problem with this game is the feel of the car. I am used to Forza where the cars are so smooth and easy to drive. I was surprised when i started this game how jerky, powerful, and aggressive the cars were. I was expecting an f1 car to handle with ease, but i guess i didnt take the massive power to weight ratio into consideration.

Changes to your set-up or assists should only really be giving you about 0.5secs per lap. Gaining 4 seconds+ per lap is just down to you.

This also shocked me too, the main thing was the speed at which some of the corners can be taken. Like in Catalunya I'm thinking "I really should be braking now!!" but the car just keeps on gripping around the corners at full speed.

You need to learn how to be smooth though, F1 is unlike any other race, for example on Bahrain you could easily push for a 1:53. But this is not sustainable as you will eventually crash due to how hard you're pushing. Whereas if you drop back and post consistent 1:56 every lap, you should keep the car on the track at a good speed. Consistency is key here. You don't have to win the race by 40 seconds, you just need to win.

One thing you'll notice with this game though, when you turn the fuel consumption on and tyre wear. If you're on a long race(say 50%+) it amazes me how hard it is to be fast with a full fuel load, and how much the feel of the car changes through a single race!

At the start of a race it's a struggle to keep the car going, but by the end the car has an almost "time trial" performance.

I love this game.

I love this game.

Except sometimes the AI just doesn't pit. Or sometimes you get held up by the lollipop guy in the pitlane for no reason at all.

Or sometimes AI cars are not affected by tyre wear and fuel sim while yours is. Or sometimes the AI cars simply ghost through you when you're ahead of them and are about to enter the pitlane, therefore fucking up your whole race.

Or sometimes the first person to cross the finishing line in qualifying gets about 30 seconds taken off his laptime, therefore making the whole qualifying session unnecessary.

But other than that, I love it too :D

Edited by daenius

Except sometimes the AI just doesn't pit. Or sometimes you get held up by the lollipop guy in the pitlane for no reason at all.

Or sometimes AI cars are not affected by tyre wear and fuel sim while yours is. Or sometimes the AI cars simply ghost through you when you're ahead of them and enter the pitlane, therefore fucking up your whole race.

Or sometimes the first person to cross the finishing line in qualifying gets about 30 seconds taken off his laptime, therefore making the whole qualifying session unnecessary.

But other than that, I love it too :D

Yes but, these things haven't happened a lot to me and are about to disappear!

So I still love this game. :D

Yes but, these things haven't happened a lot to me and are about to disappear!

So I still love this game. :D

I have one more (just happened):

You're faster than your teammate in qualifying, you're actually overtaking him on his fast lap while doing yours; and when you post a 1:20:000 at the end of the lap, he posts a 1:18:000. Now that is fucked up!

I have one more (just happened):

You're faster than your teammate in qualifying, you're actually overtaking him on his fast lap while doing yours; and when you post a 1:20:000 at the end of the lap, he posts a 1:18:000. Now that is fucked up!

That's because the AI qualifying times are generated by the game.

There are only other cars on the track to give the illusion that they are actually setting those times.

It's something to do with the accelerating time & "jump to track" functions why they made it that way.

That's because the AI qualifying times are generated by the game.

There are only other cars on the track to give the illusion that they are actually setting those times.

It's something to do with the accelerating time & "jump to track" functions why they made it that way.

is this getting fixed in the patch also?

Spain - Q 1st | R 20th QT 1.27.800 RT 1.24.612 Horrible race bad crash,

Are the A.I doing different things, i thought the times were simulated so would be the same across the board?

On my 1st season at Cataluyna on Expert and full sim my qualifying time was a 1.24.8 which put me 12th, pole was a 1.22.xxx. I finished 20th going flat out lapping 1.25's on low fuel with the next slowest car doing 1.24's on a full tank and i only finished 20th because Vettel crashed out and 3 other cars got DSQ.

Are the A.I doing different things, i thought the times were simulated so would be the same across the board?

On my 1st season at Cataluyna on Expert and full sim my qualifying time was a 1.24.8 which put me 12th, pole was a 1.22.xxx. I finished 20th going flat out lapping 1.25's on low fuel with the next slowest car doing 1.24's on a full tank and i only finished 20th because Vettel crashed out and 3 other cars got DSQ.

What happened, Q1-2 was dry, Q3 was wet, I got the pole easily should have stated in the summary, pole would have been 1.21 based on AI lap times in Q1 and 2. But the race was bad, only due to my setup, I must have missed a flaw in my race setup, the car was great towards the end of the race, but by then it was no good.

Stuck at Monaco now, need the patch to help me here for the win. hence no progress just yet. I will update the summary.

What happened, Q1-2 was dry, Q3 was wet, I got the pole easily should have stated in the summary, pole would have been 1.21 based on AI lap times in Q1 and 2. But the race was bad, only due to my setup, I must have missed a flaw in my race setup, the car was great towards the end of the race, but by then it was no good.

Stuck at Monaco now, need the patch to help me here for the win. hence no progress just yet. I will update the summary.

Ah ok, that makes sense i was starting to think my game was taking the piss with some ridiculous rubberbanding.

Just won two back to back races at Istanbul in the rain and Montreal in my Lotus :woop:.

The A.I are ridiculous though, i'm not sure if it is rubberbanding or they just push harder when you do to try and keep up, because i qualified on pole with a 1.17.2 (my opening flying lap to conserve the tyres) with the next best being a 1.18.1. Then in the race i was on it lapping 1.18.3 on the 2nd lap and then Alonso pulls out a 1.17.9 so next lap i do a 1.17.8 and start pulling away and get down to a 1.17.6 before i pit on lap 7 with my tires orange and started at 98%.

Alonso, Hamilton, Rosberg, Button all stay out on the option for another few laps with Alonso lasting until lap 11 and Hamilton setting a new fastest lap of 1.17.5 on worn tyres.

I just overtake Alonso as he leaves the pits and then both now on primes he starts dropping 1.17.9 bombs every lap and i'm now doing 1.17.8, it was just ridiculous, it took 5 laps of me putting out 1.17s and then a new lap record of 1.17.4 on primes before he relented and i started pulling away.

Which is what makes me think it is A.I behaviour rather than rubberbanding. Granted i shouldn't be able to pull away in a Lotus anyway as the A.I are too slow around Montreal but still i shouldn't have to pull out qualifying times for 21 laps just to win by 5s. It makes it so difficult to relax into a rhythm when your on the absolute edge of control lap after lap.

Qualifying times are always significantly slower than their actual race pace especially in the wet and you can tell they are going to be faster in the race because the cars lapping are absolutely flying.

Edited by Furnace Inferno

I have now decided to put myself through this again, but i plan to take it too the extreme. 100% race distance on Expert, this being for my 7th and final season, hopefully also being my first with Red Bull. I am finishing my 5th now and have signed with Mercedes for season 6. I am also going to wait until the patch has been released for this. Should be interesting :D

Looking forward to seeing your 100% results.

Well just finished up on my 1st season on Expert in the Lotus:

W.D.C

Me 234

Webber 224

Vettel 204

Hamilton 186

Alonso 183

Rosberg 163

Button 158

Massa 124

W.C.C

Redbull 428

McClaren 344

Ferrari 304

Mercedes 256

Lotus 234

Toro Rosso 85

Force India 76

BMW Sauber 68

Stats

Experience Level = 23

Best Grid Position = 1[x5]

Podiums = 6

Best Race Finish = 1[x6]

Race Wins = 6

Vs. Trulli

Out raced: 17-2

Podiums: 6-0

Out Qualified: 19-0

Fastest Laps: 11-8

Championship Points: 234-0

Signed with Ferrari this year, wanted to go with Force India but i wanted the hot property achievement more and Force India were too low.

Also notice in my Trulli stats how i crushed him in qualifiying but race pace, of which mine is around the same as qualifying, he was faster on 8 tracks.

Edited by Furnace Inferno

These are my rough positions as i'm not 100% sure on all of them:

Sakhir - 4th

Melbourne - 13th

Kuala Lumpur - 6th

Shanghai - 4th

Catalunya - 20th (Trulli beat me)

Monte Carlo - 11th

Istanbul - 1st

Montreal - 1st

Valencia - 11th

Silverstone - 4th

Hockenheim - 1st

Budapest - 15th (Trulli beat me)

Spa - 1st

Monza - 1st

Marina Bay - 5th

Suzuka - 7th

Yeongam - 4th

Sao Paulo - 4th

Yas Marina - 1st

Went into the last race with a 2 point lead on Webber expecting to finish second in the W.D.C as i qualified 4th with a 1.41.9 and Webber in 1st with a 1.41.2, though i wasn't 100% sure what would happen as no a.i driving around caught me in practice.

In the end it was a comfortable victory, i was only lapping 1.43s and cruised the last few laps and still won by 8s.

Had a little test drive of the Ferrari and Force India on the same track in timetrials and was lapping 5 seconds faster without trying, so i tried again in the Lotus and was doing 1.38s so it is useless for comparing times, they really need more stats in career mode.

The outcome of winning was also a little disappointing i wanted more than just a few stats, there wasn't even a seperate interview just for winning :(.