“Official” Operations Thread

N7 Shadow

The N7 weapons can be found in packs now, so it looks like the operations are all done...

Before today I had 14 Ultra Rare upgrades to unlock, half of them were Punisher SMG. Now its 34 upgrades. Every time I get close to maxing them out they add more.

There are 21 Ultra Rare weapns and 25 Rare weapons. I remember when we only had 7 UR weapons, then they released Indra. And Harrier. And Particle Rifle. And Typhoon. And Collector SMG. And 4 more with Reckoning. And now 5 more.

Here are images of my weapons manifest form shortly after Rebellion was released and from today.

[spoiler=rebe]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6592/manifestrebellion.png

[spoiler=today]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6195/n7hq1303.png

Anyway, they also added 2 more challenges so now it is possible to unlock Squad Elite challenge without doing any weekend challenges. I guess it means no more weekend challenges. I'm little sad but Bioware supported ME3 MP a lot longer than I thought they would.

I'm really looking forward to next Mass Effect game and I hope multiplayer part will be as good as it is in ME3.

Edited by esio gk

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question I hope one of you can help me with. A little while back there was a contest where people designed in-game banners for Mass Effect 3 and recently they announced and showed the ones that got selected. Right after that Bioware announced they were available for in-game use, but I can't find them anywhere in the N7HQ. When I look at the section to change my banner the only choices are the ones for the reward operations I've completed. Any idea what's going on with these banners?

Here's the post...

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/27/mass-effect-3-mp-banner-contest-winners/

I have a question I hope one of you can help me with. A little while back there was a contest where people designed in-game banners for Mass Effect 3 and recently they announced and showed the ones that got selected. Right after that Bioware announced they were available for in-game use, but I can't find them anywhere in the N7HQ. When I look at the section to change my banner the only choices are the ones for the reward operations I've completed. Any idea what's going on with these banners?

Here's the post...

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/27/mass-effect-3-mp-banner-contest-winners/

Do you have those particular challenges complete? If so, you should be able to choose the banner you want from this link.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/challenge/

The Krogan ones are my new favorites.

Do you have those particular challenges complete? If so, you should be able to choose the banner you want from this link.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/challenge/

The Krogan ones are my new favorites.

Ohhh, there are challenges associated with them. Sorry, I thought we could just use them. Just ignore me, I'm new to this. Thanks!

Anyway, they also added 2 more challenges so now it is possible to unlock Squad Elite challenge without doing any weekend challenges. I guess it means no more weekend challenges. I'm little sad but Bioware supported ME3 MP a lot longer than I thought they would.

About the Squad Elite challenge - I hope so.

I haven't missed a challenge event yet, and was kind of assuming they'd continue to do so, so the weekend even challenge could be completed.

Like you said, I'm really gutted it looks like they're done with it now though, but I will echo your final sentence and say how surprised, and also how grateful I am for their support to the mode.

I remember when the MP was announced, and the amount of uncertainty and some negativity was mammoth. I'll admit I was a little unsure. Brilliant surprise.

Anyway, they also added 2 more challenges so now it is possible to unlock Squad Elite challenge without doing any weekend challenges.

I just checked out the N7HQ to see what those are, and I have to ask and hoping for the best, but was Unknown added as an actual search location/enemy (as in just like all the other locations, so that you can look specifically for games of U/U)? Too deep in Tomb Raider right now to put in ME3 just to check this one thing out.

I've been wanting U/U searchable for so long! Hate when I'm constantly being placed in predefined PUG lobbies (and usually the same couple locations every time); especially with my anal-retentive, OCD need to keep my GR even across all five sectors. :p

I just checked out the N7HQ to see what those are, and I have to ask and hoping for the best, but was Unknown added as an actual search location/enemy (as in just like all the other locations, so that you can look specifically for games of U/U)? Too deep in Tomb Raider right now to put in ME3 just to check this one thing out.

I've been wanting U/U searchable for so long! Hate when I'm constantly being placed in predefined PUG lobbies (and usually the same couple locations every time); especially with my anal-retentive, OCD need to keep my GR even across all five sectors. :p

25 Unknown Enemy Extractions

25 Unknown Map Extractions

No word as to "unknown = unknown" as opposed to the usual "unknown = whatever random game we stick you in". My guess, it's easier to host it and guarantee "unknown" status.

Oh I know it's going to require "unknown = unknown." There's no question about that (hazard maps don't count for the regular maps, even though the location is the same, so the challenges require exactly what they say). I was just wanting to know if there is an option in addition to "Any Location/Enemy" when searching of "Unknown Location/Enemy."

I don't like hosting games (takes too long for even one other person to join (among other reasons)), thus why I've wanted this option for some time.

EDIT: And I just looked, and sure enough, no "Unknown" option in searching for games. :/

Edited by jswartz0181

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone wasn't aware, there has been official word that there will be no more weekend events.

Look for NPlewes reply to the topic. Or, I'll just quote it here:

Added it to the front page (w/link) and updated the recent operations. In case of the thread getting locked, I just want to take this opportunity to apologize for not updating the thread constantly since Ballistic (Personal stuff.). I also want to thank those who updated the community on the challenges. :)