Executions

tylerjlong

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the hell is Call of Duty, or Gears of War..."Cartoony"?

I second this notion.

Anyways, I'm nowhere near my execution achievement. I've been addicted to playing online that I haven't even progressed that far into the campaign. It's also hard to attempt your executions when most people try to snag your kill whenever the chance is present.

Sawed off - Anya normally carries one, you can swap. There are a couple littered around, but to be honest I never used it. Just couldn't get a kill with it, so I ditched it.

Mortar - There was a couple in chapter 5, one when you're in the giant hall before reaching the lifts that take you up (yeah, it's vague) - it's sitting behind a desk. There's another later on in the chapter, but by the time you fight your way through to it, normal locust are replaced with Lambent.

Digger - you first encounter them in 2:2, you should be ale to get them then.

HOD - You can find one in the storage where you pick up Dizzy, along side a One Shot and a stack of other weapons. You won't get a chance to use it on normal locusts unless you keep hold of it for a long time, though. Your other option is waiting until the end of chapter 5, and downing some of the therons that keep spawning over the edge: take 'em out with the lancer, then finish them with the hammer. It's a hectic battle, or at least it ws on HC, it may be a little easier in Casual..

Cleaver - There's a few in the underground arena area where you face off against a pair of young Corpsers. Failing that, I got my execution for this in chapter 5 of the Therons that carried them, not long after being reunited with Baird and Cole.

I'm still struggling with a few myself, mainly the heavy weapons. I carried an empty mulcher on the off-chance I'd hit lucky, dropping it when I needed to fire and picking it back up. By the time I got there, the f'n AI took them out. Looks like it's creating custom games for me.

Just to be clear once more, you can do this in the campaign standard, right? Does it matter if it's solo or co-op? Because me and my friend started arcade and I noticed there we could only do executions we unlocked. I mentioned this way of unlocking it to him, and we both could only do what we unlocked. Example being he has the longshot execution, and I don't. I attempted to do it, and could not, he could.

So to reiterate is this only applicable to the standard campaign, and will not work in arcade?

Sawed off - Anya normally carries one, you can swap. There are a couple littered around, but to be honest I never used it. Just couldn't get a kill with it, so I ditched it.

Mortar - There was a couple in chapter 5, one when you're in the giant hall before reaching the lifts that take you up (yeah, it's vague) - it's sitting behind a desk. There's another later on in the chapter, but by the time you fight your way through to it, normal locust are replaced with Lambent.

Digger - you first encounter them in 2:2, you should be ale to get them then.

HOD - You can find one in the storage where you pick up Dizzy, along side a One Shot and a stack of other weapons. You won't get a chance to use it on normal locusts unless you keep hold of it for a long time, though. Your other option is waiting until the end of chapter 5, and downing some of the therons that keep spawning over the edge: take 'em out with the lancer, then finish them with the hammer. It's a hectic battle, or at least it ws on HC, it may be a little easier in Casual..

Cleaver - There's a few in the underground arena area where you face off against a pair of young Corpsers. Failing that, I got my execution for this in chapter 5 of the Therons that carried them, not long after being reunited with Baird and Cole.

I'm still struggling with a few myself, mainly the heavy weapons. I carried an empty mulcher on the off-chance I'd hit lucky, dropping it when I needed to fire and picking it back up. By the time I got there, the f'n AI took them out. Looks like it's creating custom games for me.

My dude. :thumbsup:

For some strange reason I can't do a Longshot exe in campaign. I hold Y and get nothing. Sup with that?

Also just found some cleavers last night on 2:3 - when you have to kill the 5 guards without setting off the alarms, and the side door is opened up (it's how you have to get Cog Tag 7). I was having a pain using the sniper rifle, but on casual 1 round from the hammerburst took them down no problem. Just beyond the cog tag, before you rejoin the main track, a couple of cleavers lie by the door. Along with a couple of Diggers, too.

Can someone please reply i only need 1 more executions and that's the scorcher but i can't find it anywhere can someone help please and tell me where i can find it

Act 5, I don't know which chapter, but it's when you're in the lift that cuts out and you have to find the stairs or ladder. There's one corridor that takes you through a swarm of Wretches, then a couple of Locust Scorcher units come around the corner. You can pick it up off them, then there's plenty of opportunity to get an execution.