Portal achievement guide

EDIT EDIT: I cant seem to get the 300 feet jump achievement...... any tips what chamber is best to get it??

EDIT: I feel like i noooob for not reading the post about using rt insead of x.... woooot got the level finnaly

i am going insane!! i cant get chamber 13 least portal.... tried the methods shown.... too no avail :(

Edited by DutchHooligan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about Basic, Rocket, and Aperture Science Achievements. Hypothetically, if I manage to get all gold medals in every level, do I have to go back and get the bronze and silver medals too? Or will they automatically unlock?

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody is having trouble with Long Jump because of touching sides or whatever, here is an easy, idiotproof and guaranteed way of getting it on Chamber 16.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv79OMq1mJE]YouTube - Portal Long Jump Achievement (Chamber 16)[/ame]

• 1 month later...

You helped me so much when you posted the link to all the portal walkthroughs helped by not having to look through you tube for hours to find all the parts I put together. Really nice find for us people who are to lazy to find out how to do the challenges by ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
im not bragging or anything but i did get gold on all challenges for the 360 version so it is possible. Ill admit though, some were really hard, they took practice

No...no, i'd say that's worthy of some bragging rights :drunk

I noticed a lot of the youtube vids are done on the pc version, which seems considerably easier to me. Well done. This one is gonna take me a VERY long time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can someone please find some sort of built-in cheat so that when you take a step in the step challenges it won't count? Because I tried the trick where you go through the portals over and over again, but it still counts as a step for some reason.

It doesn't when you do it right. Don't move, just go through the portal and fire the one you're about to fall back in through somewhere else so you land on the ground. No step.

Can someone please find some sort of built-in cheat so that when you take a step in the step challenges it won't count? Because I tried the trick where you go through the portals over and over again, but it still counts as a step for some reason.

It doesn't when you do it right. Don't move, just go through the portal and fire the one you're about to fall back in through somewhere else so you land on the ground. No step.

Yeah, basically you need to have 2 portals on the floor, and it's better if you aren't getting very high each time. Whilst you're in the portal swing, shoot the same colour portal that you're about to go through onto a wall or ceiling, and you'll land where the poratl was with no step. The higher you were going though, the more likely you'll move a little and step when you hit the floor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Cake achievements are glitched if I start up Portal and go to the achievements on the main menu without choosing a storage device it says i have only Cupcake but if I choose my hard drive it says i have them all BUT I hit the guide button go left into the achievements section go to The orange box it says I only have Cupcake...anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have any problems with the Cake achievements (other than completing them), but when i finish with a challenge, it takes me to the main menu and when I try to start a new game, there are no challenges available. Not even the Cakes. I have to beat the game again to get the new menu, and then the medal I earned is gone. I couldn't find anyone else talking about this, but if it happened, could someone point me to that thread? (This is 360 if that matters)

like this one http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150636

Edited by rabidpencil

• 1 month later...