Is anyone else scared of this game?

Madd Prerow

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really been scared, per se.

I never fail to laugh my ass off when I encounter the Raider that sounds like Moe from The Simpsons though! :woop:

Sometimes I feel a pang of guilt (or something like that) when I shoot a fleeing raider in the back. But I usually assuage myself with the knowledge that they would have pursued me and dealt the same punishment to me as well.

Also, if you have a chance, check out the McClellan Family Townhome in Georgetown. The first time I had the robot read the "children" the poem, I was very moved by the whole experience. I even Googled the poem and discovered the author Sara Teasdale had written some other very good poetry, if you're into that sort of thing.

The game has a ton of atmosphere and I'll go back to it and play it for a week or two before putting it up again for a bit. But I've never been scared by it.

• 1 month later...

As far as fear, there were plenty of moments during my first playthrough of the game. My first Deathclaw encounter (was TERRIFIED of them in the beginning lol), certain vaults (I remember there being one where all of the vault dwellers were mentally insane; the one filled with extreme radiation levels), the dreaded Dunwich building (later runthroughs I didn't even go in there lol), and the giant radscorpions (have a fear of them IRL).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game can get pretty creepy at times that is for sure. I dreaded the underground tunnels when I was a low level because I was weak and things tend to come out of no where down there. Also, death claws freak me out from time to time. They are a really powerful enemy and they have a long lunge distance, not good when they attack from behind.

The vaults can also be creepy areas, some are worse than others. Especially the one with the cloned guy everywhere (Gary I believe).

Other than that it isn't to bad when, just get a follower and crank up the galaxy radio. But I have yet to play point lookout, so we will see how that goes.....

• 2 weeks later...