Would you want a Fallout novel?

Pepperdog8

Anyone else think a Fallout novel would be great? I mean there already is a great storyline, plus I keep reading stuff about the fallout universe story every day. I think Fallout books would be ten times better then the Halo series...They f-ing sucked IMO.

So reply back if what you think about an Fallout book.

Awesome idea. The world is already rich with backstory that stretches back over 200 years. They could cover the games or just create something new while constantly referencing the games to keep up that convergent familiarity.

I know I would buy them as long as they don't suck. I have yet to read any Halo books yet so idk about that. Then again as I think about it I stopped caring about the Halo mythos after CE. The campaigns are still fun but only gameplay-wise. I don't care about the story. Then again I could care less about the Fallout story while playing but I find the universe very interesting.

There really is no limit with what they can do with this story, I mean they can chronicle the storys of other states like the enclave oil rig base on the west, or like i said other countries views on what has happened. If you read up on the story on Fallout wiki there is alot of backstory to it.

The story is certainly rich enough to warrant a good novel....as someone else has previously said the backstory stretches back for centuries. Even some of the computer logs/diaries etc tell interesting stories there are so many things bethesda have hinted at with this game and given us to think about....from idylic 50`s suburbia virtual realities to giant robot superweapons. The possibilities like the game.....are huge.

Never read any of the halo ones but that makes sense as despite being an Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 owner I`ve never actually played Halo LOL.

Plot elements are there, but it'd only be as good as the writer, I've not had great experience with books based off other forms of media. Saying that some of my mates rave about the Alien/Predator books, as well as a few of the Game Workshop Novels (though some are horrible I'm told).

Bound to be a lot of well done Fallout-esque work out there though. Hell, even from my own reading off the top of my head (and I'm not a big sci-fi/fantasy fan) The Stand, Z for Zacharia, I am Legend and '48 come to mind. Must admit though something actually involving the alternate tech as well as the Vaults, Enclave and Brotherhood would go down well.

it has potential, but as previously stated, it would only be as good as the writer, a bad one could seriously mess it up and ruin it all

i think it would be better not to follow the game, but have subtle references that only those who had payed attention during the game would catch on to

iv never read a book based on another media form so not sure how they turn out usually, but i cant see it being worse than the general standard of games from movies

You guys really need to read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's not based in anyway on Fallout but it tells the story of a father and son trying to survive in a post-apocolyptic world. It won every prize going when it was released a couple of years ago and it is my second favourite book of all time. (after the hungry caterpillar).

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I want fallout 4 first, THEN a novel. A Fallout novel done correctly would be one of my favorite books of all time, it would rival Fear and Loathing in my favorite books category.

I have spent a huge chunk of time on the fall out wikia looking at all the back story information and what not and I absolutely LOVE IT! It also helps that I am fascinated with the 1940's and 1950's nuclear family time period.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...