Achievement Discussion

here's a few achievement notes for people looking to play it soon:

• you won't get all the sarcophagus without a guide, so either wait or one or expect to miss this and do another playthrough (8ish hours)
  • you won't get all upgrades in your first playthrough, however you can do challenge mode or start a new game to earn the rest of the exp, and you won't lose your upgrades
  • there are a lot of combat achievements, you can do them in challenge mode or during the story
  • when going for the first 'boss achievement' (not getting hit in throne room) - be aware that after you get the boss half way dead it saves. this is a good thing, but if you are like me and try to learn all the boss pattern, you need to make sure you don't kill him below half way or the game will save at that point and you're screwed out of the achievement.
  • game is pretty easy...that is all

here's a few achievement notes for people looking to play it soon:

• you won't get all the sarcophagus without a guide, so either wait or one or expect to miss this and do another playthrough (8ish hours)
  • you won't get all upgrades in your first playthrough, however you can do challenge mode or start a new game to earn the rest of the exp, and you won't lose your upgrades
  • there are a lot of combat achievements, you can do them in challenge mode or during the story
  • when going for the first 'boss achievement' (not getting hit in throne room) - be aware that after you get the boss half way dead it saves. this is a good thing, but if you are like me and try to learn all the boss pattern, you need to make sure you don't kill him below half way or the game will save at that point and you're screwed out of the achievement.
  • game is pretty easy...that is all

thanx for the info...can't wait to play it on tuesday

The last secret Achievement is an easy one

Start the Game on normal an switch to easy and tada the Achievement

"Our little Secret" pops up

right, thanks for that. i've been trying to find out how to get this one, JUST so i wont see that nagging "Secret Cheive" for 5 points glaring at me everyday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the film, it wasn't too bad, as movie 'tie ins' go (but then, Uwe Boll wasn't involved).

Jake Gelinhall (sp) was very good, great accent. Gemma Anderton was totally gorgeous all the way through. ;)

There wasn't all that much 'wall running', but it was still part of the film and the battles were pretty good.

It was a little predictable though. But see it for Gemma. ;)

Wattsy, the movie has absolutely nothing to do with the game. I went to see the movie Saturday night, and started playing the game on Sunday expecting to replay the story I just saw the night before. It is actually nice that the story for the game is completely different.

Both the movie and game are good in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have a strange glitch with the tides challenge? Beat the game twice and never had a challenge show up in the challenge menu. So I couldn't exactly finish the achievement. I imagine it was some sort of glitch, most likely have to delete the whole thing? Anyone had this problem or have a solution?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...