Achievement Guide and Road Map

41inuyasha

This isn't really a guide if you're not even going to list the car manufacturers for the achievement "Leno would be proud". A guide is supposed to be 'Noob Friendly', not just for so called "Real Gamers". Work on your grammer as well.

Grammar.

10 characters blah.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, maybe I missunderstood the post or took it too personal. No harm done and in this case I agree with you, playing the games is much easier and alot more fun than writing guides. Best regards

No problem :)

Yes, you can boost XP that way in Shift 2 as well, but it is really not necessary. You will have more than needed for rank 20 by the time you get towards the end. Try for getting enough money instead of XP, that you will need to buy all the cars.

Yeah I agree, my bro was only 28%% career complete and got his rank 20. Rank 20 will come in time but cash, gotta boost some way or another.

$10 mil is kinda alot.. I think the prize money will help alot

It's become better and better. However i still have a point of criticism, about the "Leno would be proud" achievement; it's pretty obvious as you said which manufacturers you need, it's all of them listed. But you could however go more in-depth by describing which car is the cheapest of them, for people wanting it the quickest way :)

Thanks for your guide! Looks ok so far!

I'd add the number of offline/online achievements:

- Offline: 32 (930 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

- Online: 8 (70 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif; In The Zone, I. Am. Iron Man., Intercept & Pursue, Recommended, Paparazzi, I'm Going To Hollywood!, King of the Hill, Notorious)

For this achievement:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1588/5-hwGb8=.jpg I. Am. Iron. Man. 10G

Placed 1st in 5 consecutive Online events

Alright get a friend and make a match and put the details on something no one plays. Then try to get your find to find your match. I also heard it can be done in PRIVATE matches :) not confirmed but worth a try. Thanks to LeMansFahRer for the information.

I can confirm LeMansFahrer's tipp.

Create an unranked private Driver Duel, Catchup Duel, Race or Time Attack with at least 2 Maximum Opponents. Invite your boosting partner and just win 5 consecutive matches.

The best way is to combine it with the 'In The Zone' and 'Intercept & Pursue' achievements. Do your 5 consecutive wins in the Catchup Duel mode and remember to be in the Helmet Cam for an entire event. After that create or join a Catchup Pack event and just complete this one, winning is not necessary.

As in the first Shift game can one start a 20 lap race on the Miyatomi (spelling) track to rack up XP from overtaking, etc? Will it still work faster for XP levelling versus the drifting suggestion?

dont think there is any point in doing that cause there is only a maximum of 20 levels. shift had about 50 i believe.

ive only done about 15% of career and im already on level 12

You'll have to achieve Iron Man when you try to get a crown (King of the Hill)...

BUT: It's not only 6 stages... they're 7!...

The Championship is another race with GT 1 cars! Don't know if you get to the first round if you lose this one (didn't found an oponent yet)...

In the Finals i had the Alpina B6 GT3 (Suzuka, Silverstone and Bathurst were the tracks if i remember correctly)

Semi-Finals Zonda Race Car

Quarter-Finals BMW M1 Procar

Good luck 2 everyone who's trying 2 get this one...

Ok... u get set back to the Quali if you lose the Championship race.. ridiculous!

Edited by red_hammer

Alright im finished. Sorry it took a couple days for King of the hill. Was trying to find any glitchy ways to make it easier on you but i failed. Tho I am finished, I will still be checking occasionally and seeing if anyone wants me to correct or add anything else. I would like to thank everyone who supported me and helped me with achievements. You have been recognized on my guide at the top. If you feel your name should be up there and i have missed you, i am sorry just tell me and i will double check and add you. I have decided i will continue making guides as long as anyone needs them.

P.S. if anyone needs help with their online achieves. Dont be afraid to ask. Just message me on my live tag. Just becuase i got them doesnt mean i wont help you.

For the 75 wins on Hard, do they count if you just do retry at the results screen?

Yeah, you also get the additional XP and Money each time.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1588/5-9gBIk=.jpg Race License 50G

Won 75 Career events on Hard difficulty

Alright this one is simple. This one can be done on the same event 75 times :). load off our shoulders. Just go to options on the main menu and gameplay. Then select hard and remember to SAVE! Do not just back out or it will not stay on hard. What i did was go to drifting and select Drifters Smokem Tour, then select the miyatomi track, and did it 75 times. U have to make 1st place for it to count. Even an amatuer drifter can make 1st on this every time with some practice first. Get a pen and paper and keep tally, do to the fact there is no way to keep track of how many you have. If you absolutey suck at drifting, just pick any level you can do, and do it over and over again.

There is a way easier and shorter Drift Event to push these wins. Go to 'Irwindale Wheels On Fire Festival', 'TOYOTA SPEEDWAY at Irwindale Oval'. The track is 2 circles long and you just have to beat a score of 153 which is absolutely no problem. I prefered the Porsche 911 GT3 Falken to finish each run as fast as possibile. Got the achievement in less than 45 minutes.

Guys give him a chance, the main aim for him was to help players that need it.

Anyway, I will start: Good Guide for a start, if you need some info for some achievements let me know, I will help if I can. Sorry I cant help on the gramma for for anything else you are welcomed to message me.

Keep up the good work, It will get better.

Couldnt agree more, Good work with the guide they're only going to better mate keep it up!

No need to dashboard it for Proving Grounds, that means you have to do the qualifying laps again. Just hit restart if you aren't going to win.

Also, set the handling to at least Experienced before going to Career, otherwise you won't be fast enough for this race.

This is a darn hard game to 1000, at least 9/10 in my opinion. Some of the corners are a bitch to master, GT3 and higher races are impossible to win, even on easy, 10 mil will take forever to accumulate... And that's on top of the online shenanigans that you will have to do. Like ah said, 9/10.

GT3 and higher races are impossible to win, even on easy,

You don't have to win for the achievement (unless its one of the ones with a specific achievement tied to it, even then you don't have to win every race, just win the series overall). You just have to get a podium position to get the badge for the event. The only wins you need are 75 wins on hard and the earlier events aren't that hard and you can increase your win count by replaying the short earlier events or the drift event.

The only really hard achievement is the one for winning the online duel. Its stupid as at higher levels it takes a long time to find a game, which'll only get worse as time goes on.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1588/5-6ZxF4=.jpg King of The Hill 10G

Won your first Driver Duel Championship crown

There are seven stages to the driver duel championship. I have tryed dashboarding and such. But sadle this one is nonboostable and nonglitchey. You have to win 7 matches in a row, if you should lose then you will be knocked to the bottom once again.

Can definitely be boosted from around R3/QF onwards. So it is boostable.

I agree with the overall 5/10 difficulty rating until you take into account how difficult the king of the hill achievement is. It's hard enough now doing it legit because even while the game is still young, when you get higher up it takes forever to find a match. So then you have to somehow survive people crashing you 7 matches in a row and still come out on top, or else get dropped way back down to the bottom and await the painfully slow process of finding and winning new matches. Since supposedly you cannot back out to the dashboard anymore to avoid dropping down, if you are not a very good racer you can forget about getting this achievement on your own unless you get extremely lucky. In a month or two max (judging from how the first Shift went) it will be impossible to get this without boosting.

And the boosting with this is not as simple as it seems. From the bottom you would need 7 players minimum to do this, which will be the case when the duels dry up. It's not like you can just leapfrog up with a couple of people, it doesn't work that way. So of course one person will be able to get the achievement at a time, then you'd have to stepping stone the next guy up, drop people down to help him, etc.. This would only be made easier if you had a group of players starting from a higher round like Taki said... but the chances of that are a bit slim. In a little more time it won't be doable to get partially up the ladder legitly to make things easier once the activity dries up further. Then it's the logistics of organizing who plays who, where everyone is in the round pyramid.... who still needs the achievement, who needs to go back down to help the next guy... well actually I guess the best way is to drop everyone each time and start from scratch. Also, and I'm just thinking about this now. lol Even if everyone happened to start at round 3 which would supposedly allow you to have a smaller group, well not everyone in that smaller group would be able to get the achievement. The bottom couple of players would always be left behind in the 3rd 4th 5th rounds etc.... then those who get the achievement would have to of course drop down to the 1st round... and then of course multiple players would have to work their way up back to the 3rd round starting point... etc.... so yea, unless you have some good samaritans at the bottom happy and willing to boost others up and not worry about themselves... you'll always need at least 7 people for everyone to get it.

Sure, it's not rocket science, but anyone who has boosted with a group before knows that it's hard enough getting 2 people on the same page let alone 5 6 or 7. There are ALWAYS people who can't focus to save their life. lol Don't even get me started on the person or people in said boosting group who will inevitably refuse to use a mic. :-p There is always one guy!

So that achievement alone raises the 1000g completion bar beyond 5/10.

... and that's why i've boosted it with one friend only + 5 backup accounts (with gold trials). It took 9 hours and 191 matches (starting from a scratch) to boost this achievement for me and a friend.