Bully must rank as the worst Rockstar game after State Of Emergency !!!

theNomad

Menace + Blood Money (as DMA genre busting side scrolling shooters, r-type eat your heart out) Lemmings (as DMA quality set of puzzle games) Body Harvest (again as DMA began the trend for openworld/sandbox styled gaming, about as under rated as they come gameplay wise) Grand Theft Auto series (all of them from the top down versions to the genre breaking III/VC/SA/IV are fantastic, such a shame they never brought their Stories offshoots to the xbox), Midnight Club series (great fast paced racers), Max Payne & Manhunt (a touch more average but both heaps of fun) Table Tennis (just table tennis but wow did they really nail it why did they never tackle other sports sims) Red Dead series (like GTA another fantastic set of games with so much depth of play) L.A. Noire (more inventive jaw dropping stuff).

You can't fault them, with the exception of the dire State Of Emergency they've not made a bad game (they're like the gaming inequivalent of Pixar). As for Bully do we really need or want a 2nd ? I agree it wasn't the worst game ever but for most part it was pretty much forgettable and like some have already mentioned the lead character was annoying.

You can't fault them, with the exception of the dire State Of Emergency they've not made a bad game (they're like the gaming inequivalent of Pixar). As for Bully do we really need or want a 2nd ? I agree it wasn't the worst game ever but for most part it was pretty much forgettable and like some have already mentioned the lead character was annoying.

Well it seemed like a leap for Rockstar to try it and it worked great, just like L.A. Noire did. I think a second game would require more work and effort because it couldn't coast off of originality alone. So it will be years before we see a second one, if at all. I personally would like to see one

• 2 months later...

they've not made a bad game. I agree it wasn't the worst game ever but for most part it was pretty much forgettable and like some have already mentioned the lead character was annoying.

They have never made a bad game...Bully wasn't a bad game. What's your point?

Some people really loved this game, and there's definitely money to be made from a sequel.

I personally enjoyed Bully far more than LA Noire. LA Noire was over-hyped and it just didn't deliver for me. Bully was given average hype and turned out to be pretty great.

By the way do you really find GTA: Chinatown Wars a good game, or Manhunt? You can't tell me those are better games than Bully.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What is OP on ? The game was bloody great, it was something completely different. I don't ever remember having a game where you go to school, go to class, go to lunch have a food fight and then after school break car windows. I don't know about it being forgettable, ive heard people wanting a second one for years. Not to many could of forgot about it.

Yeah I played it just recently for a few days and I enjoyed it. I can't say if it's the worst Rockstar game ever but I do know it's fun. I'm curious if they would follow the same lead or have it take place at the same school. I suppose it'd be fun if you came up as a new character at the same school and had to topple the first game's lead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bully is probably my favourite game ever to grace my Xbox. Again I played it twice too, first on the PS2 and then on the 360. Maybe it's a marmite game - I did hear that the sales were nowhere near as high as the GTA franchise for example. But I hear enough people clamoring for sequel, so perhaps it's a bit of a cult classic?

Either way, this will be the only game I've ever pre-ordered. Most likely you won't see me for weeks ;)

srsly? Bully was probably one of my favorite games on the ps2. The idea of a second one coming out is some pretty damn cool as far as I'm concerned.

Bully, to me, was GTA: High School Edition. Yeah, you don't get to murder anyone, or screw prostitutes, but you get to raid the girls dorm, beat up geeks, break dress code, actually buy places off school grounds to sleep in.

It was an awesome game. End of story.

• 1 month later...