BF3 AM Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Xenolith666

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

use the Soflam and designate enemy vehicles.. if someone destroys it from your designation. there's your assist

Is it just me, or is this impossible with randoms? I can sit there in my SOFLAM designating targets all day long, but no sod ever uses guided weaponry to take em out. Reminds me of that achievement on Brink where you have to spot a mine for a teammate to disarm. Just doesn't bloody happen.

Just some tips for "Destroy a vehicle with xbow". You'll obviously need HE Bolt.

The range is quite short, and the arrows travel quite slowly, so any type of airborne vehicle is basically out of the question.

Next, I've tried to use the HE Bolt against a tank, just to see what would happen. After 3 arrows to the back of a full tank, I got a vehicle destroy assist of 41, meaning each bow does about 12-14 damage. Considering that a vehicle becomes disabled around 20, unless you catch someone really stupid in the driver's seat, they'll jump out before you destroy it. For the most part, it's a lost cause, but occasionally worth trying on a smaller tank.

What you are left with are Humvees, Buggys and Quads (and technically the Skid Loader on Wake Island). Humvees are tough so I don't recommend them. Buggys will be disabled (but not destroyed) in 1 shot, meaning the driver will have to stay inside and then explode. Quad is 1 shot.

Choose a map like Gulf of Oman, Strike at Karkand, Wake Islandor even Bandhar Desert, and just wait for someone on a quad within short range, and take them out! You can also grenade a buggy, and then camp somewhere around it, hoping that an enemy will enter it, and you can shoot it as soon as they enter exploding it immediately (this is how I got).

I don't know if the achievement is bugged, but I got " home made javeline" achievement by shooting a spawn beacon with a normal bolt and it popped!? some else try and see if it works for you too, it can be the easy alternative for the achievement.

actually not bugged.. this exact same thing happened in another expansion.. forgot about that. I'll try and test it and confirm.

soldier camp?

for Pocket full of death, you can just play bazaar on conquest and camp at flag b. i found it to be the easiest

I actually got it by sneaking up on the entire enemy team on Conquest on Metro. We had all 3 flags and their spawn was near C so i ran down the tracks and around into the middle hallway. Threw a grenade and shot my xbow, as i was switching back to my primary my grenade went off and then i sprayed at two others. Wasn't even thinking about the cheevo at this point in time and got it.

Is a lvl 4 weapon better than a lvl 1 weapon?

I've only seen 3 levels, but they are basically better as you go up, but not always.

Level 1 is SMGs, Level 2 is Snipers, shotguns and xbow, Level 3 is Assault Rifle and LMGs (with scopes). They all count as 1 "pick-up" towards the achievement though.

I don't know if the achievement is bugged, but I got " home made javeline" achievement by shooting a spawn beacon with a normal bolt and it popped!? some else try and see if it works for you too, it can be the easy alternative for the achievement.

actually not bugged.. this exact same thing happened in another expansion.. forgot about that. I'll try and test it and confirm.

soldier camp?

I might try that too. Haven't unlocked HE bolts yet. Not as fun as shooting a tank but hey...

I think soldier..."camo"? :confused:

Confirmed it this morning by shooting an enemy mortar that was on the ground. Achievement popped.

A video has been added as well where the vid maker states you can shoot an enemy vehicle that an enemy has abandoned. As long as some enemy drove it at some point. Can't be a freshly spawned vehicle.

for some reason i am not getting the 1 Designated Assist. I have painted tanks, jets, choppers with my SOFLAM and have had them destroyed while locked on by Javelin and tank but am not getting the assist. Am I doing something wrong?

Not that I can see.. I used the Soflam and just painted targets.. didn't even realize I got an assist until after the fact. I had painted the C-130 and a Jet shot it down with missiles. Just keep trying, but that's how to do it. Play an Armored Kill map since there's nothing but tanks and planes.. should get it that way.

Guide has been submitted for review.

Edited by Xenolith666

@Opiate42, seriously, it's probably the easiest DLC in terms of achievements, I'm sure you'll clean it up in less than 10 hours ;)

Just one quick question though, to unlock the HE Bolt, are you sure you need to complete the "Archery 101" assignment?

No, you don't need to do Archery 101 first, all you need to do is unlock the XBow, this opens up the bolt assignments.

noted.. I wasn't quite sure when doing the assignments if archery 101 was part of the tree. will update the guide

I'll probly just change it to 10 hours.. I think I need 23 meters of headshots and I'm done at about 8.. i'm sure for some it will take a little longer.. but yea definitely not 20.. that was an original guesstimation

I've also lowered the difficulty to a 3/10

Edited by Xenolith666