Guide For Gang Taunts After Completion

DeadlySinz86

Go to Salander Planet Saints and put the game on hardcore then if drive around you will see Deckers walking around "note not a lot of them but you will still see them around" taunt them then run back to the store and wipe the notoriety then do over till you get all 50.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide, I had all but given up on this challenge since I didn't even start it until I was 100% complete. I would just like to mention that you can only taunt each gang member once with this method. Even if you run inside a store and get the Decker's level down you don't get credit for another taunt on the same individual.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that the latest patch has allowed you the ability to taunt in combat.

Can't speak for anyone else, but my challenge counter definitely went up when I taunted them during a survival mission.

When did this patch come out? I haven't played SR3 in 3 weeks or so and had given up on the challenges until more DLC comes out hoping there would be gang members.

I did not have to do this. After I have 100% the game I luckily ran into some morningsaints the red guys and got a level 5 notoriety with them, i then began taunting them and it counted as a taunt whilst they were shooting at me I was able to rack up the 50 taunts with no troubles. So I guess it's just the matter of how the game behaves for you. After further reading of the thread I saw that they patched so you can taunt during combat, guess I was doing it after the patch.

Edited by BowManHomie

Okay, I'm having trouble with this. Whenever I start the activity and get to Friendly Fire, my Gang Notoriety is at two stars but absolutely no Decker members show up....

Start the Pimp Activity and steal some whores. No the Deckers came and starting shooting at you. Now just taunt every enemy Gang member

Sorry for my english

• 1 month later...

No matter what people say here, you CAN ABSOLUTELY get the taunts for the challenge AND the achievement during a fight. I just did my last 45 taunts in a survival mission and the fight afterwards, while they were shooting at me.

Edited by DerHirni

• 1 month later...
No matter what people say here, you CAN ABSOLUTELY get the taunts for the challenge AND the achievement during a fight. I just did my last 45 taunts in a survival mission and the fight afterwards, while they were shooting at me.

I got the taunts during fire fights as well, weird how it's buggy and doesn't work for others..

Anyway I keep thinking it could be the taunt trait you have (maybe not but the possibility keeps playing in my head) I have the 'Westbound And Up' taunt and basically I walked up to a gang member in a fire fight taunted them getting the taunting respect appear on the right side of the screen. I then killed the guy moved onto another kept doing that.

I checked my progress from time to time to see the number of taunts increase plus the milestone marker appeared on screen as well saying I've got 20/50 or 40/50 taunts.

If it doesn't work on your game well that's too bad but still try it out nevertheless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

For what it's worth. You CAN taunt during a firefight and there is nothing glitchy about it. The taunt doesn't register while they are shooting you, but if you walk up to them and get them to melee you, and taunt at that time, you get credit for it. It goes super quick once you realize this. Just start up a survival or anything that draws the gangs to you and go crazy.

Hope this helps anyone, I realized this last night and got all 50 taunts in about 2.5 survival missions.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, you can taunt when they are shooting you, but it don't work everytime.

Personally, I just press several times "left" on the D-Pad when they are shooting me and it works (then I kill the guy, so I can do the Human Shield challenge at the same time, and also to avoid keeping alive someone I already taunted).

It seems to only work when the guy don't shoot, so it's often when he reload or after he attacked you (if he's using a melee weapon), that's why the several press of "left" on the D-Pad trick works fine. Just keep pressing "left" on the D-Pad until the taunt text is displayed, then kill the enemy to avoid taunting someone you already taunted (which won't work).

Edited by davhuit

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...