Is Endure really that tough?

IWHBYD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most true, most accurate, post in the history of this website.

I will never understand in a million billion lifetimes how Bungie could not add Matchmaking to ODST. It's like they wanted it to fail, maybe it's a tax write off thing or something?

Because ODST was only released for 2 reasons 1. to fend off hungry fans while they wait for reach 2. to feed Microsofts greed. Mainly number 2 though. On a side note i did endure first try with some friends.

• 2 weeks later...

The connection is the biggest opponent. We faced some consistent lag throughout. Things will be fine then they will get a little laggy. Other than that, have the best player be the designated person to plasma pistol the shields/armor off the brutes. Make sure to know what weapons to use and when... and lastly, have a gameplan for all the hammer guys.

It's tough, but not impossible. I had my most issues with the game dropping people out. Had to do this about 7 times until we got it.

• 2 weeks later...

The achievement is not that hard at all. Like many people said, its finding 3 players willing to sit for 2 hours and that have a good connection. My friends and I tried going for the achievement about 5 times, because one of my friends kept lagging out at the last wave of the 4 set.

• 3 weeks later...

connection is a n issue, sin im rocking 8-9meg connection i was hosting. But the big issue is to take care don't go rushing in esoecially later on. it tok my and my friends 2 tries becasue we got too cocky on ou first try. ended up with 0 lives at the end little ammo and 2 chieftens with fuel rod guns! i recommend doing it on Alpha sire (indoors) 2 people either side the enemies will only come from 2 directions and they will be covered by 2 players. most of all i recommend doing this with friends as opposed to strangers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did it with my two deaf friends and a guy from Australia.

Me- Pennsylvania

2nd Friend- Missouri

3rd Friend- Wisconsin

4th Friend- Australia

Let me tell you this, I didn't think we would make it before we start this because how far apart we are especially this guy from Australia that it would disconnected us in anytime. It didn't. We made it and got endure achievement. BUT it was laggy as hell in the whole firefight, maybe 10-15 seconds lag, it was annoying but we got used to it.

Now, Im on my new GT and will start on Endure again. Love ODST! :woop:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
After two attempts lagging out we finally got to set 4 to die on the last wave on the final round! Gutted!

Wait to go, reviving old threads. :p To be honest, when I was going for this, I was more concerned about someone or myself lagging out. Luckily, we got it first try. It really isn't that bad, difficulty wise, overrated achievement, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember getting it, the team I had got it on the first shot and the kicker was it was my first attempt at it so I thought it was really easy. As long as your team is adequate at ODST's style of combat it is easy. Although I will no longer help anyone with it because every other attempt I have tried to help others someone either lags out or just quits. That is really the only thing you have to look out with doing this with randoms.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...