How difficult is 'Hard' compared with other games?

I didn't find it that difficult compared to the normal setting, beat it on hard in about 3 - 4 hours. The only big fuzz about the hard difficulty setting is that the blue lightning above enemies heads, the parry/block prompt, is now gone. But you do get used to working without it by looking at the thugs movement instead. Compared to Call of Duty games on veteran, Batman: Arkham Asylum was conquered easier :)

So if you did fairly well on the normal difficulty, rarely died and-what-not, you won't be having too much trouble beating it on hard :)

Hard mode really isn't much different on Arkham Asylum. Like Almsivi mentioned, there is no prompt for countering enemies attacks. This is the biggest difference, as most everything else is the same. Enemies take more hits and deal more damage. This makes boss fights tougher as well, so I would recommend spending a bit of time in the challenge maps to brush up on your combat skills.

Doing so certainly helped out when I played on hard. Try to ignore the counter prompt thing in the challenges though and pay attention to enemies movements, as it will help prepare you for combat in hard mode.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I decided to do a play thorough on Normal first and I completed it last night.

I didn't find it too difficult, though some of the boss battles were tricky.

Thanks for the tip about practicing in the combat challenges. Think I definatly need to do this before attempting hard!

I done Hard Mode after I completed all the challenges and then I found it easier than when I completed it on normal. It really does depend on how much you've played/learned Batmans combos/gadgets in my opinion.

Most of it is a breeze if you've already done one playthrough. Just learn to counter without the pop-ups and you'll be good to go!

Will take a few tries to get used to but nothing too hard. Only bit I struggled on was the Ivy fight! I hadn't played the game in a while and the vines do a lot of damage! Again, I gave up for a bit, came back to it and got it in one go!

The rest was a walk in the park and without concentrating on the collectables you should complete it fast!

• 3 weeks later...

who else is gonna be "a bitch" on hard?? I remember Ivy was really difficult on EASY lol

Ivy isn't that difficult if you dive side to side across the screen. Watch for where the vines will come up and make sure you have a space free to dive to. Quick batarang her in between leaps where possible and you wont have a problem.

The last joker fight was easy as well, you can use the joker teeth bombs (that chase you) to knock down the mobs by getting the teeth near to a group and setting it off. It will knock them down and give you the opportunity to focus on a few. Also, the enemies seemed to drop on the right side of the 'arena' first so move there to start with.

The fight before the last joker fight was trickier as you have a fairly long narrow'ish room to fight 2 of the big dudes and lots of normal henchman. However if you just leap / run about and make sure to stun the big guys with the 3x batarang when they charge you should be able to just focus on getting onto the back of one of them and using it to damage all the others.

I'm stuck fighting the Titan that breaks out of the elevator and you have to fight him and 5 waves of thugs at the same time. I manage to get the Titan down but then a random hit or 2 takes me out on that last wave that still comes.

I'm stuck fighting the Titan that breaks out of the elevator and you have to fight him and 5 waves of thugs at the same time. I manage to get the Titan down but then a random hit or 2 takes me out on that last wave that still comes.

Wear the Titan out and use him to beat the thugs. Abuse of the evade move and watch the thugs for counters. With a bit of practice you should have it. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

hard mode in this game is very easy compare with other games,like bionic commando,devil may cry ,ninja gaiden or others,enemies simply does a little more damage,and there 's no special effect when enemies attack you so its more difficult to do parry,but it's not so hard to do it aniway if you know the game well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...