x360a After the 360?

uhwR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw the site name change, how about them spambots tonight? Over 3 pages of shit and no one around to take care of it. I don't even know which thread is legit and which one is spam.

>=[

That was crazy last night, all those spam threads and all of 2-3 legit threads!

Maybe that's just what he refers to the next xbox as. Anything wrong with that?

I deserved it for called it the 720 haha ;) My mistake for calling it that guys!

Maybe I'm the odd man out but I hate the 720 term. I'd rather see Next Xbox. Or Xbox Infinity. Even Durango 360. But 720 grinds my gears. Silly I know.

ZBOX! The letter after X! Seriously man, every damn thread someone says 720 and I always see you respond. XD

Seriously though. I'm gonna call it ZBox from now on just to bother people.

ZBOX! The letter after X! Seriously man, every damn thread someone says 720 and I always see you respond. XD

And every time I respond to 720, you respond about me responding. It's a vicious circle. ;). Like I said, it grinds my gears.

ZBox works more for me than...well, you know what. :p

Your preschool teacher must be so proud. Y comes after X in most versions of the English language. :p

I don't see why people are so bothered about the name of it. Will it effect how it plays? Probably not.

And I'm guessing after 720 it'll be the Xbox900? or maybe 1080?

The problem with predicting the name of the next gen console is that we don't know if they "added 360" or "multiplied by 2". If they continue this trend, it could either be the Xbox 1080, or Xbox 1440. I literally don't know what I'm talking about lmao

The name doesn't matter. Calling it 720 makes sense so everyone will know what we're talking about. If I called it Argon, no one would know. Just let it go until they release the name. I prefer to call it "the next Xbox" or something similar.

This site will still stay alive long after the next Xbox comes out. It won't be affected too much just because it's out.

The problem with predicting the name of the next gen console is that we don't know if they "added 360" or "multiplied by 2". If they continue this trend, it could either be the Xbox 1080, or Xbox 1440. I literally don't know what I'm talking about lmao

I don't think they will be running there name change like that :p. To be honest I was always under the impression it was called the 360 to compete with the PS3 because you know an Xbox360 and PS3 sound right competing. Xbox2 vs PS3 makes the xbox sound old and obsolete.

I think maybe we won't hear a name till the PS4 is announced?

I wonder if there's gonna be an appropiate site for the WiiU as well...

The wii u doesn't have achievements on every game, it's up to the developer rather than mandatory. Which probably means that Nintendo won't have the support for it in the same way that Sony and Microsoft do. So the odds are t exactly sky high.

You know, when new consoles get released, old consoles don't just evaporate out of existence, so no nothing will change, apart form my guess an update to feature the new console's achievements, avatar rewards etc etc.

A few more mods wouldn't kill eh? hehe

I fell for that line a long time ago. Had a decent forum and made 1 person admin, the next day shit hit the fan so hard that there were so many censor filters active and a rules sub forum even bigger than the spam.

Was gonna ignore the mods part, but as it isn't dying...

The number of mods would have made no difference. We were being targeted or something. When I was on the site, in the 8 minutes between texts I sent to Webb we got 31 new threads by 9 different spam bots. Doesn't matter whether you have 1 or 20 mods on, it's going to make virtually no difference. Luckily we have a temporary fix, and it seems to have worked.

Doesn't adding anti-bot on the register user form work, like a captcha code or something?

I know they tend to irritate human users a lot but it slows down spambots.

There are something like 3 such security measures on Gearbox Forums but spambots still run rampant there whenever mods are offline. I assume they just have real people register the bots and let them go haywire once they get it through.