BBCSII Discussion Thread

Setsuna x360a

To keep the sub forum a little more organized and have everything in one thread. Heres the gist of everything going on with BBCSII.

Rules of the thread:

• No trolling, if you want to troll go on dustloop
  • No spamming, try to keep things within discussion
  • Be respectful of each other (Fighting game communities love to insult each other for some reason, dont do that here)

These are common forum rules as well

Arcade release in Japan (December 9th)

There is no set release for the consoles however Platinum has been slated with a Spring 2011 release date so hopefully itll be at that time

Loketest Results:

For any regulars who play BBCS frequently here are the multiple loketest they had and the various changes made to each character (or at least as much information as players in japan could find out for us during each test). There was originally supposed to be only 4 but one got another afterwards so it is possible we MIGHT get one more

Blazblue Continuum Shift II Opening: Shinsou by Imai Asami (VA for Tsubaki Yayoi)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9c19-lXO1A&feature=recentu]YouTube - BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Opening[/ame]

Edited by Setsuna x360a

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I'm not really digging that new intro. I like the fact that the Japanese VA of Tsubaki Yayoi is singing the song and the music is alright, but the animation Kind of ruined it for me, and that makes me sad....

Onto the game....

Really looking forward to having Valk and Platinum released, but the one thing that makes me concerned about Platinum, from what I read about her so far, is her Drive. Especially when you have to press the Drive button every time to equip a weapon and every time you press the Drive button, it chooses a weapon randomly. Who knows though, that might work for your advantage.

Also, Unlimited Wars sounds neat/painful.

I on the other hand am loving this new opening, its on repeat atm on my music player <3 The animation ... looks a little more detailed however theres something wrong with the character designs and color choice in some scenes. If they kept the color scheme the same as Iconoclast, the character designs a little better and the detailed work that they did on this opening it might be top notch

Yeah i read that about Platinum, heres a good page about here as well

http://kalfisquine.net/blog/?page_id=843

I dont like how they made that her drive, to me it gives you with less options and less control over the battle, with Platinum it could be more like a guessing game in battle and you just have to improvise accordingly but knows, thats just how the data appears to me, im sure ill have a better feeling of it once she comes out, ill hit challenge mode then training mode to see what i can make up :p

Unlimited Wars sounds painful ... Unlimited Hakumen is too god tier, but speaking of that new mode im curious as to how the update will affect challenge mode and other achievements that may be affected by this patch

I must admit I didn't read too much about Platinum since I'm still frustrated that Valkenhayn's not out yet... but from what I understand, her Drive changes weapons randomly.

That isn't so far-off from Zappa's style in GG, is it? I mained him and I thought it was really interesting to play an in-the-moment moveset where you either adapt or die. It added to the chaos of the matches :p

And I actually really enjoy this new intro, too. That, and the BB:CT intro. BB:CS lost me when they showed me a close-up of Bang's abs.

Well, here's hoping for the best. I personally hope that Trubaki has been buffed at least a bit, considering that a 20+ hit combo with her will yield something like 3K damage. Gah, that frustrates me to no end!!!

From the loketest results it seems she will be up to par with high mid tiers maybe even more, 2 of my friends who main her are bragging to me about her buffs and how my precious Noel is losing the invinc frames from 5D :/ Ill just adapt accordingly

I must admit I didn't read too much about Platinum since I'm still frustrated that Valkenhayn's not out yet... but from what I understand, her Drive changes weapons randomly.

That isn't so far-off from Zappa's style in GG, is it? I mained him and I thought it was really interesting to play an in-the-moment moveset where you either adapt or die. It added to the chaos of the matches :p

And I actually really enjoy this new intro, too. That, and the BB:CT intro. BB:CS lost me when they showed me a close-up of Bang's abs.

Im kind of hoping Platinums style of play is similar to that of Mays, as far as movement, damage etc etc. I mained May in GG.

I didnt much enjoy BBCS's opening animations but the song wasnt as bad as people made it out to be

Well, after watching the new intro again, I am starting to like the new intro. I personally could not stand console intro, something about it rubbed me the wrong way. This is definitely better for sure, and the animation is not entirely bad. I find it kind of odd as to how they pretty much just had Platinum flash her butt to the camera, but what can you do. The CS arcade intro is still the best though.

• 2 weeks later...
meh i would be having fun with MvC3 at the time

Im sure ill get tired of MvC3 at that time or probably still playing AH3, i just dont like assist in my fighting games, it makes it too beginner friendly but ill have to wait and see when it comes out before i make my final statement on it

Im sure ill get tired of MvC3 at that time or probably still playing AH3, i just dont like assist in my fighting games, it makes it too beginner friendly but ill have to wait and see when it comes out before i make my final statement on it

here, you might like this

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7062/platcolours.png

but the black hair & blonde hair white outfit color for me

here, you might like this

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7062/platcolours.png

but the black hair & blonde hair white outfit color for me

You know Platinum could possibly make me a lolicon one day xD (probably not something i should announce to the world) normally with characters i only like a select few colors but with plat i like them all (expect 11)

You know Platinum could possibly make me a lolicon one day xD (probably not something i should announce to the world) normally with characters i only like a select few colors but with plat i like them all (expect 11)

i thought you already were a lolicon? -_-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlf0QK36V0M]YouTube - BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Opening Bastardized[/ame]

Wow, momma mia the game has apparently changed. This is Japan's BBCS2 tier list as of week one. Of course since this is only the first week, things will probably change a hell of a lot:

SS: Arakune

S: Noel, Makoto

A: Lambda-11

B: Jin, Bang, Valkenhayn, Carl, Tsubaki, Hakumen

C: Platinum, Mu-12, Tager, Rachel

D: Litchi, Hazama

Bottom: Taokaka, Ragna

Wow, momma mia the game has apparently changed. This is Japan's BBCS2 tier list as of week one. Of course since this is only the first week, things will probably change a hell of a lot:

Now i know for sure Tager should be way higher than that ... then again i didnt look at his recent balance changes yet, i dont like Noel being top tier ... because i dont want a bandwagon of Tier whores swarming over her ... so i hope that changes soon

Now i know for sure Tager should be way higher than that ... then again i didnt look at his recent balance changes yet, i dont like Noel being top tier ... because i dont want a bandwagon of Tier whores swarming over her ... so i hope that changes soon

Well, Tager was just above bottom tier before the new additions, so it would mean that he's slightly gone up.

If put into the right hands Tager might as well be high mid or something

That can be said about any character though, and I know nobody will ever agree on tier lists, but Tager can easily be decimated. While Tager only needs 3-4 moves to kill someone, better players rarely drop combos. Watch a litchi, bang, or arakune constantly combo Tager's into corners.

haha it will be fun to kick ppl's asses with my low tier Ragna xD oh wow my robo girl has went up! O_O

Good to see my main isn't in the bottom, but seeing that both Makoto and Noel are at the top frustrates me. My buddy really knows how to exploit the hell out of her drive.....

LOL at Noel being top wich makes me hate her even more

btw BBCS2 videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/jourdal#p/u/2/AS9C47xoIeE

Edited by Pegasus Tenma