What do yall think of this game?

x ChRiiS

Brutal game...I think its really boring,graphics are poor,and the music is annoying,all the environments are kinda the same,and the story is pretty lame,but the worst thing is that there is no invert controls....WHAT.......yes after 2 years they still have not fixed/patched this simple mistake!DOH!

This is the reason i got rid of this game 2 years ago,i picked it up for a few bucks kinda thought the controls would be fixed but i guess not.

Im grinding through it just to get 1000 then its getting traded in for a bag of potatoes or whtever!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of how Americanized the horror elements are in this game compared to other Silent Hill games, I'd say it's a bad Silent Hill game, but not a bad overall game. I still had fun playing it, but instead of being like "oh SHIT I think there's a so-and-so here...", it was like "oh look, a so-and-so, meh".

• 2 weeks later...

This was only my second foray into Silent Hill so my frame of reference was a bit limited.

Which didn't really matter as the game stands on it's own merits imho. The atmosphere is just as screwed up and grisly as you'd expect and the game reiterates my favorite part of horror games: Your not invincible. Guns are utterly ineffectual on the first playthrough and you have to out maneuver and hold off the tougher enemies to stay alive. You truly fear encounters with larger groups of enemies and rightfully so.

However in a more practical sense the controls can be quite cumbersome (dodging is going to test your patience) and some questionable game design (backtracking; in this day and age >_>) mar a pretty solid game. Just don't go in expecting SH2 and your in for a eerie 2 - 3 day romp with some bog standard cheevos, collectibles aside.

Edited by Vault Lad

• 5 weeks later...

I personnaly could'nt get into this, I played silent hill 1,2,3,and origins...and loved them all, but I got a third of the way and sacked it! It's juat that the fighting system has no justice and you have to rely on the dodgeing system, interesting story, but the gameplay is not there

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it was great - the second SH was my favourite but I thought that Homecoming managed to capture back a little bit of the twisted protagonist element that SH2 had. Alex is pretty unbalanced.

I played the game through and got 1000GS, and then played it through a couple more times to get my boyfriend the full 1000GS (he found the controls annoying and just didn't want to keep repeating the same bits). I would play it again if there was any point, but replayability is a bit limited. That said, I did already play it around 7 times. =/ Lol. I found it really enjoyable.

People complain about the controls, but if you've played other SH games, it won't be a surprise (in fact I think Alex is easier to control than James or Heather).

Awsome game just one major problem no inversion on controls but i got used to it and finished the game after playing for about 2 days non stop so yay but i went back to playing fps..... i was trash i mean if you play fps inverted try switching to standard and see how you do i must have looked like a complete newb... this game killed me but i would say it was worth it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it was good on the first playthrough and such..couldnt get into it as much as the other games. It really wasnt a "silent hill" game anyway...made by different people then the original 4. It was good...but not great. I didnt like how they pushed some elements of the movie into the game...as the movie was good but not the best "movie based on game". Pyramid Head should not even have been there...and i did not like any of the endings. Not picking on the game just pointing out things i didnt like. The game was way to linear...just go this way..keep going..cutscene...keep going..blah blah. The other games had exploration and backtracking with very challenging puzzles. This game had close to no puzzles (challenging at that) and most where just trial and error...just seemed very..idk..just felt like it was lacking the traditional silent hill "feel"... beginning was good but after the sepulcher fight it just started going downhill for me :/ PS: The Scarlet boss fight was probably the best part of the game.

This game along with Deadly Premonition are by far my two favorite survival games. Gameplay was excellent and the achievements actually related to the game instead of random non necessary ones that the developers threw in because they couldnt think of anything else. Great great game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Massive fan of survival horror.... This would have to be one of the best available: 8/10 for great game...replay value....horror and a story (kinda)

Re 5 makers wished they could of done this well (big fan a RE series but not 4 & 5 as they suck: No Zombies)

ok - let me get this straight - u like silent hill homecoming, but u think RE 4 & 5 suck??? SMH