Roadmap & Achievement Guide

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to leave the main gate, go past the burnt village. Turn left away from where the mist and scoiatael are.

Once you see the altar, go up the higher path and you will find the first troll and everything else will be part of quest.

yes this on i have, counter says 2 dead :D but i need the last one, thx for the video so i must finish act two

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/p0/VD/1ICLiGJhbC9DAxt1GyxTWTU1L2FjaC8wLzk3AAAAAOfn5-tsRbs=.jpg

15G Spellbreaker

Help Iorveth find the dagger needed to free Saskia from the spell that

holds her.

Story related.

Is this really "story-related" since I can choose to help Philippa (helping Iorveth on a few quests to get the dagger) or saving Triss (getting the dagger later on just like that).

Just curious and simply asking for a clarification on that. Thanks.

If roche's path is harder, why not do it on the first playthrough on easy?

That's what I'm wondering the whole time. Still doesn't make much sense.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Great guide..but I think you should change your formatting a tad.

IMO.. having the achievements divided by Chapter and then subdivided by Path makes more sense instead of the way you have it~ I already missed the Tourist achievement cause I didn't scroll down :/

Ex.

Chapter 2 - Both Paths

.....Chapter 2 - Roche

.....Chapter 2 - Iorneth

Chapter 3 - Both Paths

etc...I just think that's a bit easier to read without missing stuff, maybe it's just me though :p

(And I realize..now..that you point out the Tourist achievement in your first post, but that's not the one I was looking at)

Edited by Shiftie

Is this really "story-related" since I can choose to help Philippa (helping Iorveth on a few quests to get the dagger) or saving Triss (getting the dagger later on just like that).

Just curious and simply asking for a clarification on that. Thanks.

good call, i didn't care for triss so went with iorveth/roche on both playthroughs.

i will edit that and if you can confirm that saving triss makes it missable, please do.

addes a "possibly missable if you go save Triss instead (confirmation please)" in the roadmap

Great guide..but I think you should change your formatting a tad.

IMO.. having the achievements divided by Chapter and then subdivided by Path makes more sense instead of the way you have it~ I already missed the Tourist achievement cause I didn't scroll down :/

Ex.

Chapter 2 - Both Paths

.....Chapter 2 - Roche

.....Chapter 2 - Iorneth

Chapter 3 - Both Paths

etc...I just think that's a bit easier to read without missing stuff, maybe it's just me though :p

(And I realize..now..that you point out the Tourist achievement in your first post, but that's not the one I was looking at)

yea, i just formattted some and actually kinda like you suggested.

Chapter 2 - Iorveth

Chapter 2 - Roche

Chapter 2 - Both Paths

thanks for the input and reminder!

Edited by rokkyrok

I have a few questions about the troll achievements.

How do you actually "spare" all trolls ?

With the one in chapter 1 is obvious how, but with the two in chapter 2 do you just need to talk to them and not kill them ?

I also read that there is a third troll in chapter 2, but it is a normal enemy and you can kill him and it doesn't count toward the "spare all trolls" achievement. Is it confirmed ?

When do the troll achievements unlock ? End-game or at the end of chapter 2 ?

I have a few questions about the troll achievements.

How do you actually "spare" all trolls ?

With the one in chapter 1 is obvious how, but with the two in chapter 2 do you just need to talk to them and not kill them ?

I also read that there is a third troll in chapter 2, but it is a normal enemy and you can kill him and it doesn't count toward the "spare all trolls" achievement. Is it confirmed ?

When do the troll achievements unlock ? End-game or at the end of chapter 2 ?

for me he unlocked after i killed the last one, in chapter 2.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/w0/0N/0YCLiGJhbC9BAht1GyxTWTU1L2FjaC8wLzg1AAAAAOfn5-4iTd8=.jpg

20G Dragonheart

Spare or save Saskia.

Story related.

I can confirm that this is NOT "story-related". I did both ways and when you choose to [KILL THE DRAGON] you won't get this achievement.

You have to choose [WALK AWAY] in order to get this achievement.

Still not sure about:

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/p0/VD/1ICLiGJhbC9DAxt1GyxTWTU1L2FjaC8wLzk3AAAAAOfn5-tsRbs=.jpg

15G Spellbreaker

Help Iorveth find the dagger needed to free Saskia from the spell that holds her.

I also played both ways here but only got the achievement when I helped Philippa out of the prison and killed the Golem who guarded the chest with the dagger inside. It's only logical then that you will miss out on this achievement if you ignore her and if you go for Triss.

I can confirm that this is NOT "story-related". I did both ways and when you choose to [KILL THE DRAGON] you won't get this achievement.

You have to choose [WALK AWAY] in order to get this achievement.

Still not sure about:

15G Spellbreaker

Help Iorveth find the dagger needed to free Saskia from the spell that holds her.

I also played both ways here but only got the achievement when I helped Philippa out of the prison and killed the Golem who guarded the chest with the dagger inside. It's only logical then that you will miss out on this achievement if you ignore her and if you go for Triss.

thanks for the clarifications.

updated roadmap and credited you.

When does the Troll saver achievement pop?... I didn't have any vodka for the drunk troll in the first chapter but I saved the other two...does that mean I won't get the achievement? o.o Even though technically I spared them all.

Slight Spoiler Warning:

My achievement popped after I brought the troll back to the other troll in act 2... You need to actually save the troll in act 1, though. You have to solve the full quest line as opposed to just leaving him down there.

Slight Spoiler Warning:

My achievement popped after I brought the troll back to the other troll in act 2... You need to actually save the troll in act 1, though. You have to solve the full quest line as opposed to just leaving him down there.

Did you kill the troll that attacks you in chapter 2 and still unlocked the achievement ?

Edit: Can you get the friend of trolls achievement on Roche's path ?

Because I read that the quest for the two trolls in chapter 2 is available only on Iorveth's path.

Edited by irriducibile87

It is possible to get Dragonheart while doing Roche path. You just have to walk away after the dragon hits the tree. It probably should be moved from Iorweth missables to general missables.

I don't think anybody mentioned this but if somebody did, sorry for repeating.

20G Backbone

Craft a suit of armor from elements of the kayran's carapace.

After killing and looting the kayran (there’s 2 spots to loot it!) buy the diagram for the armor and have it crafted.

where do you find that scheme. none of the merchants has it

20G Backbone

After killing and looting the kayran (there’s 2 spots to loot it!) buy the diagram for the armor and have it crafted.

Go to the next mission objective, to the guy who gives you the reward for killing the Kayran. You will also get the diagram from him.

20G Backbone

I don't think you can buy it. I got it from the merchant as part of my reward. You have to tell him to double the payment. Then use Axii on him to get him to agree.