European release: Dondonpachi Resurrection

deexor

Announced by Rising Star Games today, Dodonpachi Resurrection will be released in Europe on November 4.

http://www.risingstargames.com/games/dodonpachi-resurrection-xbox-360.html

A disc release means the game will be in English.

Speculation: a release in English could make a North American Games on Demand release possible as well.

(edit: typoed the thread title and can't change it anymore.)

Edited by deexor

Really looking forward to this! I read that the Black Label DLC will be available too! Never played a DoDonPachi game before, I hear they are the hardest of all the CAVE titles?

DDP Daifukkatsu 1.5 (the version released in Europe) is one of the easier Cave titles, from a survival point of view. A no-continue clear is around the same difficulty as in Mushi Futari 1.5 Original, maybe a little easier. Nowhere near as easy as Deathsmiles 1 or 2.

Getting a good score, however, is not easy at all, and requires a high level of skill.

DDP DFK Black Label is much harder than 1.5. One of the game mechanics is a high-power "red" laser, and using it is pretty much a requirement in many places; but using it increases the game difficulty very rapidly. So, to make the game easier, you have to make it harder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you can pre-order the game here!

woooooooooo! :Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

I already have my NTSC-J copy:

but i'm a BIG FAN so I'm gonna buy it again! :D <3333333

Edited by RonanN1

NCXS will be taking care of us NA-friends and importing it for us, of course.

I just wish it was as cheap as the previously posted link.

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx

ShopTo and other places will ship to the US (hell even Amazon.co.de will ship the game to the US)

Don't have to pay the mark up if you don't mind waiting for airmail

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really looking forward to this game. Could anyone who has played it tell me how it compares to DDP Daioujou? I have seen videos on youtube but it'd be interesting to know what the biggest differences are.

Well, I haven't played DOJ that much, but here are some main differences off the top of my head :)

• overall, the game is a lot easier than DOJ
  • three ship types (A, B, C) to choose from
  • no "doll selection" - the DOJ dolls are the bosses in DFK
  • new selection, three "styles": bomb, power, strong. Power style is completely new, nothing like it in DOJ
    • bomb and strong style are very similar. Strong style has stronger shots, making it easier to clear, but harder to score, as chaining is harder. Initial bomb stock is 3, grows with each life. Manual bombing and autobomb
    • power style has a "normal" and "boost" shot, affecting shot strength, movement speed, hyper. 1 bomb stock, no manual bombing, autobomb only. Very different feel than the other styles

[*]hyper has a much more prominent role, in survival and scoring

• only one hyper usable at a time, usable as soon as the meter is full
    • hyper shot cancels bullets to increase hit chain, hyper laser on small lasers increases hit chain by a lot
    • "hyper rank" increases with each hyper use, making bullet canceling slower, spawning more and faster bullets

[*]2 loops like DOJ, but has tsuujou / ura loops like Ketsui

• to enter tsuujou loop, you must 1cc, and one of: collect min 35 bees, or max 1 miss, or max 2 bombs (bees being the easiest way)
    • to enter ura loop, you must 1cc, collect all 45 bees, max 1 miss, max 2 bombs
    • to get all 45 bees, you must enter the hidden midboss route, which has DOJ midbosses
    • Hibachi in ura loop only

[*]bees affect just hyper meter and chaining, bee score is negligible

I think those are the most important differences, without going to details on scoring.

Arrange A is in my opinion one of the best Cave arrange modes out there. Basically, you're playing A-Power with modified bullets, super easy chains and different hypering rules, more DOJ-like: collect up to 5 hyper bees, use hyper to get huge chains, collect flashing bees to get huge points. Bullet patterns similar to, but a little harder than 1.5. Different hypering makes arrange A easier than 1.5 power style.

Arrange B is just weird.

Black label I briefly touched earlier in the thread. It introduces a third kind of shot, red laser, and an associated red rank gauge, is a lot more difficult everywhere, selectable autobomb on/off modes, in autobomb off hypers and bombs use the same stock (confusing at first, but a great mechanic), has only 1 loop, and a "true TLB" in strong style, which is the hardest style in BL. Plus a ton of tweaks here and there.

If you're a DOJ veteran, I presume you'll prefer the challenge in BL, but 1.5 is great too.

Wow, thanks alot for that very informative response! I played Daioujou for quite some time back on the PS 2 and it's a very hard shmup, that's for sure. The unrelenting speed of the bullets was one of the biggest difficulties about it.

It's good that they let up a little on the difficulty for this one, although getting Hibachi to appear will probably be a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So how do you actually "play" this game then?

Apart from the obvious "shoot the stuff that's not you".

What do you have to do to score the big multipliers and what is the point in swapping between shot and laser?

Shot = wider area, weaker, ship moves at normal speed

Laser = narrow area, stronger, ship moves slower

Usually, you'd want to shoot swarms of smaller enemies with the shot, bigger enemies with the laser.

See this guide for lots more, including scoring details: http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=704.0

Shot = wider area, weaker, ship moves at normal speed

Laser = narrow area, stronger, ship moves slower

Usually, you'd want to shoot swarms of smaller enemies with the shot, bigger enemies with the laser.

See this guide for lots more, including scoring details: http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=704.0

That's awesome.

Have you got one of these for "Deathsmiles" as well?

Shmups are great fun to play but it's amazing how much depth there is to some of them.

Az

you can pre-order the game here!

woooooooooo! :Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

I already have my NTSC-J copy:

but i'm a BIG FAN so I'm gonna buy it again! :D <3333333

GOT it today! :Bounce:

And don't forget about the 2 DLC's on the marketplace :)

1. Version 1.51 - 80MS
  2. Black Label - 800MS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
NCXS will be taking care of us NA-friends and importing it for us, of course.

I just wish it was as cheap as the previously posted link.

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx

This is the WORSTplace on the internet to order anything.

They overcharge and have the worst customer service.