Xbox 360 version not recognizing hard drive

AgentOrange330

I've been playing Tropico 4 on the Xbox 360 since release day with no problems. Today when I started it, at the very beginning when it asks to select a storage device, I press the A button to select the main hard drive and the game comes up with an error saying I have NOT selected a device and will have to continue without saving. I've tried numerous times and with other games and this is the only one doing that. I've since transfered all my save files to a thumb drive which the Xbox WILL recognize so all is not lost. I'm just wondering why all of a sudden out of the blue the game won't recognize the main storage device that I've been using for days now. Has anyone else encountered this?

So I had the game installed to my hard drive. I just unistalled it and now it seems to be working okay. The problem is, with a game like this I like to have them installed as they run so much better. Oh well, I had over 30 hours into it so far so as long as I don't lose that progress I guess its a small sacrifice to make...

• 3 months later...

This glitch is happening for me. I don't have a ton of saves - in fact, I don't think I have any except for the standard save data that keeps track of your overall progress. I already have all of the achievements, but I wanted to play a sandbox game because I'm bored. However, I have a 360 from 2008, and in an effort to prevent it from over-heating, I refuse to play any game unless I can have it installed.

I'm pretty sure I had Tropico 4 installed when I first played it. I'm not sure what changed. I did buy the DLC, but why would that cause this problem? Are there any solutions that don't require you to uninstall it? I've restarted numerous times.