Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

For difficulty, I would rate this at a solid 8 solely based on the 'Superstar' achievement.

You will need to activate the Declassified Mission to even stand a chance at 3 stars since we tried doing a few co-op without it yesterday and barely got over 2 stars by the time the mission was over. Being on Insane, there is no DBNO, you do hardly any damage and enemies kill you stupidly fast. Some missions may be easier solo since you can take your time and let the AI do most of the work but it is still no easy feat. Some missions will require co-op like the timed missions and even then, you need to rush and can die very easily.

Edited by ii SlayerX

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2379/44-2379.jpg

Jack of All Trades 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Won 10 matches of Overrun

Can be obtained in Private Matches (versus bots included)

Play the Overrun mode and win 10 times.

Tracking: You can check the Achievements section in Stats & Awards from the main menu to see how many you have won.

Just got this and found the easiest and quickest (probably) way to get this.

Private match, mercy rule ON, go to Skyline, and be COG first. This map is very easy to bottleneck on and if you play as Cole you can sit in one spot to the right of the first hole by the vent and be able to look both ways with the grenade launcher thing, which is amazing by the way. Already got the green metallic skin for it. :woop:

If you run out of ammo, throw down an ammo thing in front of you, obviously.

Anyway, shut out the Locust team and when you switch sides, pick Grenadier. Head to the right, up the ramp, and destroy the two barricades here (barbed wire). Once through, you can sit behind the vent shaft in the far back corner and keep throwing grenades over to the hole and destroy it. Your AI might win for you if you can destroy some barricades.

The Locust team is really OP IMO. Only thing OP that COG has is that damn grenade launcher that Cole has. I saw him get six kills on screen with that thing one time. I was like, really? He does that in number 3, and now again here.

Private match, mercy rule ON, go to Skyline, and be COG first. This map is very easy to bottleneck on and if you play as Cole you can sit in one spot to the right of the first hole by the vent and be able to look both ways with the grenade launcher thing, which is amazing by the way. Already got the green metallic skin for it. :woop:

Anyway, shut out the Locust team and when you switch sides, pick Grenadier. Head to the right, up the ramp, and destroy the two barricades here (barbed wire). Once through, you can sit behind the vent shaft in the far back corner and keep throwing grenades over to the hole and destroy it. Your AI might win for you if you can destroy some barricades.

The Locust team is really OP IMO. Only thing OP that COG has is that damn grenade launcher that Cole has. I saw him get six kills on screen with that thing one time. I was like, really? He does that in number 3, and now again here.

The Locust is supposed to be more powerful than the COG. The whole point of the mode isn't for the COG to win, but for whichever group can go through and defeat the generator fastest.

And thanks for this method! Should be very useful.

Updated the roadmap a little bit. This is a very different guide than I am used to. Usually I have media I can make for it, like videos/pictures. This one really doesn't have any misc achievements to do that with. A ton of them all relate to another. I mean I guess I could make videos showing quick ways to do certain things but even then I dont think it is needed. I always create collectible guides too, but Maka has more than taken care of that. I am trying to capture all locations so he can use the pictures. I don;t know, I feel like this guide is very minor compared to others. Like not a lot of work I guess. I'm being slow this time. I have a week still until Bioshock Infinite comes out, and if I do a guide for that, I can assure you it will be hours of work compared to this.

Ribbon Master:

This can easily be done during the very first section of the campaign during Chapter 1: The Museum of Military Glory, Section 1: Old Town.

You'll start off with some story, and come to a burning tree and encounter your first enemies. Use the chainsaw to kill 3 of them in a row to unlock Lumberjack - Chainsawed 3 opponents or enemies in a row.

Now, continue to move through the mission, making sure to trigger the declassified mission as well. During the next section, you'll want to run through as much as possible until you see an E-Hole open up in front of you. As it opens, and enemies begin to come out, throw a frag grenade into the hole to get: Plug That Hole - Closed an E-Hole with explosives and Clusterluck - Killed multiple opponents or enemies with one grenade. You should have now unlocked the achievement.

If you were unsuccessful, you can restart your last checkpoint or get 3 headshots in a row to get: Hat Trick - Scored 3 headshots in a row without dying.

Note: The achievement will unlock in-game, and you are free to restart checkpoints.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0pT-ZQJXzU]Gears of War: Judgment - Ribbon Master Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Updated the roadmap a little bit. This is a very different guide than I am used to. Usually I have media I can make for it, like videos/pictures. This one really doesn't have any misc achievements to do that with. A ton of them all relate to another. I mean I guess I could make videos showing quick ways to do certain things but even then I dont think it is needed. I always create collectible guides too, but Maka has more than taken care of that. I am trying to capture all locations so he can use the pictures. I don;t know, I feel like this guide is very minor compared to others. Like not a lot of work I guess. I'm being slow this time. I have a week still until Bioshock Infinite comes out, and if I do a guide for that, I can assure you it will be hours of work compared to this.

There's nothing you can do about the shitty achievement list. :p

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2379/29-2379.jpgSybarite 50http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Earned the Onyx "War Supporter" medal

War Supporter is a medal that requires you to play in Gears events. Go into the Versus menuand you will see Special Event on the list. You must play these until you unlock the medal.

I think these are 'weekly' events. Hard to say since it's the first/opening week; however, Epic's site says this first one is a week at least... link

Thought I'd mention that in case you get bombarded with questions about it 'not working correctly' when people play them back-to-back. I played two matches before going to bed and it only counted for one on the medal.

Just to clear this up for anyone, "Roaming Free" can be obtained in private, as long as you are in an online party. If you're in a local party it will not count towards the achievement. I set the party to Invite only.

You can select your party options in the menus by pressing the back button.

Just saw this post but this is exactly how I did this. The only difference is that I just stayed on the turret directly behind the objective to make sure whenever an enemy got through I killed them right away. Your teammates will actually do a decent job of covering both flanks. The only other difference is I played as a Medic and when someone went down or got hurt and there were no enemies around I would hop off the turret for a quick second and lob a healing grenade at them. Definately the easiest method if you don't plan on playing Overrun publicly much.

6 kills in a mode with only 5 enemies at a time, I think you're exaggerating.

Okay, did a ton of updating to the guide. Created various images, included a couple videos, and explained multiplayer modes a lot more in depth. I have also updated the roadmap with an estimation of what this will all be like. Hopefully this looks a lot better than the first draft I had ;)

Thanks for the guide but are you sure the All Rounder etc can be obtained offline on private matches ? Because won a match on every mode and nothing unlocked.

Thanks for the guide but are you sure the All Rounder etc can be obtained offline on private matches ? Because won a match on every mode and nothing unlocked.

I don't know about being offline, but I know for sure in private matches (that's how I got miine). Did you unlock other multiplayer based achievements while offline too or is this the only one like it?

Is the 'Aftermath' chapter necessary to unlock the 'complete on xx difficulty' achievements? I only ask this because apparently it is not necessary for "Blood Brothers" (compete the campaign chapters in co-op), so one would assume it's not needed for the difficulty achievements. Just wondering. Either way, I think it should be noted in the Insane solution. :)

Also, say I play on Hardcore and get 100 stars, unlocking "Star Struck", will "Rising Star" (get 50 stars on Casual) and "Shooting Star" (get 75 stars on Normal) also unlock, or do you have to play on those difficulties individually to unlock them?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy