Trial Guide

Kyai

This guide is for the possible solutions for completing the trials in the game. Some are straight forward, some are not. I used the methods myself for completing the trials and I can confirm they work. If you have a method that you found easier, feel free to share and I'll update.

A side note: Trials can be completed on any difficulty.

Thanks to II OE II, for some information has been taken from his guide and compiled into here.

Also thanks to Cra, CyberEvil, Echilion, EliteShadowMan, Miles Prower CC, Moldredd, Nostendorp, Quid Squid, and Weasel13.

Special thanks to xF02 for the videos.

---------------------

Chapter 1

Besieged Village - Finish the level, defeating the Great Warg with at least one surviving villager

Kill the werewolves as they appear so the villages do not take damage. If you can't get to one in time, throw a dagger. When fighting the Warg, roll away from the villages so he will not lunge at them.

Hunting Path - Finish the level without being healed by any means

Do not use any healing magic or healing fountains. Picking up the life gem also counts as healing, so you can't pick it up either.

The Dead Bog - Finish the level after killing at least 50 Goblins

There's an infinite spawn where you must blast down the tree. Do not knock the tree down and kill until you've killed 50.

Pan's Temple - Finish the level after beating Pan's trial in 5 movements

Clockwise movement: outer, inner, outer, middle, inner

Oblivion Lake - Finish the level and defeat the Ice Titan in less than 1:30 minutes

As soon as you get close to the Ice Titan, use your dark crystal to weaken him. All weak points will be destroyed in 1 hit after this. While climbing and shimmying over, press A to hop up or across to speed up your movement but remember to hold RT to keep from falling off. If you get knocked off, press start and World Select the stage again because it may autosave and you will not have your dark crystal again. You will not have much time to finish him off, as you'll only have less than 10 seconds to spare even if you do this perfectly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2t04133Ekc]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter I, Stage V: Ice Titan[/ame]

Chapter 2

Enchanted Forest - Finish the level after killing 30 Goblins with their own grenades

While you're in the ruins, when you have to use the goblins bombs to blow up a door, simply press RT to grab a goblin and press Up on the Left Thumb Stick + X instead of pressing A. He will light the bomb on their body and they will run and blow up. Repeat this 30 times.

Underground Caves - Finish the level after killing at least 10 enemies while poisoned by Spider venom

On the 2nd spider fight, with the Lycans, you can either hold steady and hold block and wait for the spider to lunge at you, or continue to run in front of the spider and hope he poisons you. Once he does, throw daggers at the Lycans or kill them with your whip. At this point, do not kill the spider. If you're too low on life, use Light magic to regain life but don't kill the spider. Once you're ready, run through one of the caves to trigger an autosave. Restart from last checkpoint, go back and the Lycans will have respawned and you will have your previous kills. Repeat this until you're done.

Labyrinth Entrance - Finish the level after killing at least 5 Warthogs

At the very beginning of the stage, as long as you do not break down the door Warthogs will spawn infinitely. Kill 4 Warthogs. You can break down the door with your 5th Warthog and finish the trial upon strangling it.

Waterfalls of Agharta - Finish the level after killing at least 20 Small Trolls while you are mounted on a big one

When you mount the Big Troll, as long as you do not destroy the rock, Small Trolls will spawn infinitely. Kill 20.

Agharta - Finish the level without using Shadow Magic energy

Pretty straight forward. Simply do not press RB throughout the entire level. Dark Gauntlet and Light Magic is fine.

Dark Dungeon - Finish the level without using a grip attack against a single Gremlin

Do not press RT to grab a Gremlin at all during the level. Either throw daggers or jump and kill with Y combos. Y A A is also a good starter to fighting Gremlins.

Sanctuary Entrance - Finish the level after absorbing 20 Neutral Elemental Orbs simultaneously

While fighting the Cave Troll, raise your focus meter and hit him until see you a mass of neutral elemental orbs floating around. This is especially effective if your focus meter is full and you stun him to ride him. Instead of riding him, kill him and you'll get orbs for hitting him and defeating him. If you get hit, your focus meter resets to 0 and you'll have to start over.

Sanctuary of Titans - Finish the level and defeat the Stone Idol Titan in less than 2 minutes

When you see the titan, use your Dark Crystal to weaken it, this will cause weak spots to only take 1 hit to destroy. Timer starts when you throw the first rock back at her and after the cut scene. Use A to quickly jump up, left, right, or down to make climbing her faster. After weak spot 1, climb strait down to avoid her hand. After weak spot 2, climb straight down to avoid. Now she'll punch the ground and knock you off, that's natural so don't fret. After weak spot 3, climb straight up up to avoid. Grapple to the rock then her face, climb her face and hit her weak spot. The timer may say about 5 seconds, but it gave it to me even because of the cut scene. Don't miss the mini game or you'll have to try again and put your trial in jeopardy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTA5AMYSR4k]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter II, Stage VIII: Stone Idol Titan[/ame]

The Black Knight - Finish the level and defeat the Black Knight Golem without using Light Magic energy

Do not press LB during the entire fight. If you find yourself taking too much damage, holy water and dark magic daggers do pretty good damage to burn him down. When he summons the puddles of sludge to bind you in place, hold X for the whip combo to hit the puddles before they reach you to destroy them.

Chapter 3

The Three Towers - Finish the level after killing 15 enemies while they are dazed by Fairies

When you start the stage, use all of (or as many as you're comfortable with) your fairies to daze the Lycans at the beginning until you're out then continue as normal. Right before you obtain the Fairy Bottle, you can get around 13 dazed kills from the Lycans to finish it up.

If you start the level without any fairies, you can get fairies within the stage and the fairy spawn points regenerate.

The Dark Lord of the Lycans - Finish the level and defeat the Dark Lord without using Light Magic energy

Do not press LB during the entire level. To kill him as fast as possible, daggers are your best bet. In stage 1, normal daggers do 120 damage and dark magic daggers do 150 damage. In stage 2, dark magic daggers do 225 damage.

Chapter 4

Mountain Fortress - Finish the level and defeat the Ogre without being hit by his attacks

This counts his arm sticking out of the wall. When his arm comes out, stand as far away as you can. When he's trying to grab you, hit him. When he pulls back, step up and hit him about 3 times then pull away max distance again. Then when you face him completely, stay as far away from him as you can and always move either left or right, never stop. When he's going to smack, just jump once as he hits the ground, turn on dark magic and hit him 3 times, turn off dark magic and continue moving. When 1/2 of his life is gone, he'll hit the ground with his fist. To avoid this, start dashing either left or right when he screams. When he starts to hit, double jump and press X or Y in the air a few times to prolong your airtime so you will not land in the shock wave. Go to the back of his fist quickly and poke his eye out. Now it's more of the same, except he'll add the rock to it. If he is holding a rock, do more of the running and jumping and just double jump to avoid the shock wave. You can turn on dark magic and hit his hand mid air to knock the rock out of his hand. If you're running low on magic, get near the magic fountain and when the rock (only when he's using the rock) hits the ground, refill magic instead of attacking. If he rubs his eye, then this will give you time to overfill your magic meter. Continue this pattern until you poke his other eye out. When he's sniffing for you, just stand still. Once he roars, begin to sprint either left or right and double jump to avoid his hits, do not stop moving. When his head lights up, finish it. If you get hit at any time, press start and Restart from Last Checkpoint and you will pick up after the last autosave (before hand, before body, after 1 eye, after both eyes) so if you mess up, don't sweat it.

The Crow Witch - Finish the level and defeat the Crow Witch without killing more than 2 of her sons

My method was a little sporatic. When she started spitting eggs, I began jamming down on RT rapidly while rotating LS counter-clockwise. Even during the cut scenes to show she's being hit by the egg, I continued to do it. You can grab eggs that have already landed but you don't have time. I threw 2 of the 3 on the first wave, and had to kill 1 of her sons. On the second wave, she spit out two and I threw both. Remember to beat on her while she's on the ground after the flying mini game.

Edited by Kyai

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 5

Veros Woods - Finish the level, recovering your relics from the Chupacabras in less than 3 minutes since stolen

Quickly chase down the Chupacabras. When you get the camp with the snow goblins, interact with the door to start the event. The warthog will appear even if you don't kill goblins, so either kill or wait. When he appears, focus only on him. Mount him and break down the door quickly. When you see the Chupacabras again, strangle the warthog and climb up the little wall. Use your fairy to daze him. Do not press B then immediately jump because there's a very little cut scene. Press B, wait for the scene to be over and then jump.

Wygol Village - Finish the level without allowing Zobek to kill a single Ghoul

Use RT to grab a ghoul to kill him instantly. You can grip them from a long distance, and keep Zobek from killing any easily. Grip kill all ghouls, seal the holes, finish the stage.

Abbey Catacombs - Finish the level without allowing Zobek to fall in combat a single time

When killing, Vampires take priority and the ones closest to Zobek take higher priority. After the vampires are dead, grip kill the ghouls to kill them quickly. When you're at the puzzle, solve it immediately. The solution is: Turn the lever until the arrow points south, ask Zobek to hold it, run through the east door, then down and run through the portal. The monsters will stop spawning. If you're going for the scroll that's through the east, or the light magic gem that's north, it's important to note that you can still use the puzzle to get them even after it is solved.

Abbey Library - Finish the level and beat the mirror and lights puzzle in less than 2:30 minutes

When the stage starts, before the puzzle, try to overfill your shadow magic while fighting the two suits of armor. So when you begin, you can move the first two pieces with the shadow magic powered gauntlet very quickly. When I finished this part, I had 1:33 left. Remember to save enough shadow magic for two walls to break down, so you can't use shadow magic on every statue. Only use it for the ones that have a very long way to go. I had to kill the imps on the next 2 statues. I pushed the 5th statue to the end of the corridor, then broke down the wall. Ran and broke down the 2nd wall. Pushed the 6th statue into place and turned it correctly. This entire time, ignore the suit of armor, don't stop to fight him at all. Then finish pushing the 5th statue into place, turn it, and the puzzle will complete. I did this with 2 seconds remaining.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6wdpAicLAo]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter V, Stage IV: Abbey Library[/ame]

Abbey Tower - Finish the level after finding and destroying 100 breakable objects before the allotted time runs out

The trial starts as soon as the level does. You have 20 seconds, +1 second for every object destroyed. I primarily pressed Y to hit many objects at once, as well as thinning out the enemies. You'll want about 30 seconds before you have to pull down the bridge, so you have time to take out imps and to pull it down. Once you cross, don't use your Combat Cross to open the gate, go right and double jump up on the ledge where there's about 20 more objects to destroy. I completed this with 1 second remaining.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkYGGEWhPI]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter V, Stage V: Abbey Tower[/ame]

Video note: He had enough time to open the gate with his Combat Cross. If you don't have the time for it, go to the right of the lever and you can double jump over the wall.

Brauner - Finish the level after attacking the Elite Vampire 4 consecutive times with his own blade

Fight him normally until you rip his wings off. Continue to evade until he throws his blade and press RT before it hits you to throw it back at him. The counter will reset if you hit him with anything but his own blade, get hit by his thrown blade (not his other attacks), or miss his thrown blade. If you're not done when you daze him, let him regenerate and finish up your throws.

Castle Sewers - Finish the level after killing 3 Skeleton Warriors without destroying their shields

Landslide Punch (Jump, Hold LT + X) and holy water are especially effective. You can also charge your dark gauntlet for this. When they crumple to bones, kill them so you don't have to fight them a second time. If you hold X (Direct Heavy Combo), that will kill them in one hit or you can kill them with Landslide Punch. Holy water and Ultimate Light will also destroy them while they're down. You can also use a Dark Crystal to help you out.

Chapter 6

Castle Courtyard - Finish the level and kill 3 Skeleton Warriors while you are mounted on a Warg

After you jump into the pit, start to attack a skeleton and the vampires will let loose a warg. Shift your entire focus onto the warg to mount him, once you do kill the skeletons. Y does 120 damage, X does 90 damage so I prefer the Y combo while mounted. You can't kill them while they're on the ground, so you'll have to fight each skeleton twice. There are only 3 skeletons, so if you accidentally finish one off before mounting the warg, Restart from Last Checkpoint to try again.

Maze Gardens - Finish the level after defeating 15 Mandragoras in less than 15 seconds

I could not get 15 to surround me, so I ran to the right side of the garden, where you move the pillar, and waited for 10 mandragoras to surround me. Use a dark crystal for the 10 kills, then throw holy water to finish off the remainders. If you fail, restart from last checkpoint so you can have your dark crystal and holy waters back.

Castle Hall - Finish the level and win the Vampire Wargame without losing more than 3 pieces

There's a bit of luck involved with this. Lycans do a lot of damage, but take moderate damage. Undead do even more damage, but take a lot of damage. Vampires deal little damage, and drain life is pretty much useless, but they can absorb a lot of damage. My tactic was to stay on my side of the board and make her come to me so all of my pieces would be nearby. If it selected Undead, I would summon a zombie on their side as a decoy, because zombies do little damage anyways. If a zombie is nearby and your Undead can't do damage, then use them but I primarily used them as a decoy to keep other pieces from getting hit or keeping her to move more pieces to me. Restart from Last Checkpoint if you lose more than 3 pieces.

Refectory - Finish the level and defeat the Evil Butcher after he uses at least 15 objects in the kitchen

Simply wait for him to use the objects around the kitchen. Hold LT to block, whenever he attacks move left or right to evade and conserve life. Never evade backwards because of a fire attack. There's not a way to force him to grab objects, so just evade and wait for him to grab jugs and knives from the walls until he uses 15.

Chapter 7

Balcony - Finish the level after beating the logic gates puzzle in 7 movements

Solution: Left, Center, Center, Center, Center, Center, Right

Electric Laboratory - Finish the level and deactivate the Mechanical Monstrosity using only the tesla coil in the lab after it is activated

He has two stages. Be aware, this trial requires patience.

Stage 1) Fight him normally. Use any magic and any attack you like. When he takes enough damage, he will activate the Tesla coil and enter the next stage.

Stage 2) You cannot hit him with anything but the Tesla coil. If you hit him with any other attacks, the trial will fail. Lure him directly under the Tesla coil and run in circles around him, always evade either by rolling or jumping, depending on the attack. When he does his lightning attack, he'll hold still for a moment. That is your chance. Get to the switch and use Earthquake Punch (LT+Y) to activate it. Red lightning will hit directly underneath the Tesla coil, so if he's there it'll damage him. Hit him 3 times with the Tesla coil to defeat him.

Chromatic Observatory - Finish the level, destroying 10 Deadly Toys using normal hits before completely killing any of them with a grip

The description of this is slightly misleading. By "Normal hits" it means anything other than with a grip. You can use light magic, dark magic, accessories, anything except a grip attack. The only thing is, do not kill any with a grip attack. This means you will be fighting all 3 for the entirety of the trial.

Edited by Kyai

Chapter 8

Outer Wall - Finish the level after killing 10 Gremlins using only your silver daggers

After you solve the magic puzzle, when you go down the ramp to the lever gremlins will start to come out. There are exactly 10 of them, so throw your daggers at them. They drop an abundance of daggers also, so you can refill easily. If you accidentally kill any without your daggers, simply Restart from Checkpoint and run down the ramp again for another try.

The Clockwork Tower - Finish the level and get to the top corridor in less than 5 minutes

This has two parts, so it's not as daunting as it seems. Cross the two beams, do the jumping and climbing to get the lever. If you mess up, restart and try again. I did this with about 3:20 to spare, I think. It autosaves, so if you mess up from now on you can Restart from Checkpoint and try at your last time with no problems. The electricity sections were difficult to me, but you want to do all of this without any mistakes, make it a perfect run. When you get the last lever, the monstrosity will come out and fight you again. Use Ultimate Shadow and Ultimate Light to kill him very fast. Use the lever, cross the beam, and the counter stops when you step on the platform. I had 40 seconds to spare.

Olrox - Finish the level after keeping the focus meter at its maximum value for 60 seconds

You do not have to hit him continuously to keep your focus meter running. Play this as a hit and run session. Get your meter up, hit, roll to evade. Hit, evade, hit, evade. Be patient. I never blocked, only rolled. Your focus meter will start to drain after about 8 seconds of not hitting him. So once you hit 52 seconds, just roll to evade from that point on to get the trial. The only downfall with this is if he decides to bite you which will reset your meter. I couldn't seem to run away from the bite, so it comes down to a little luck and a lot of patience. As a side note, holy water will knock him down. Use it if you feel you need it.

The Throne Room - Finish the level and defeat the Dark Lord after she kills at least 10 of her own Vampire Warriors

There's only 10 vampire warriors, so don't kill any of them. Run around and evade. When she does the lightning, the bolts itself doesn't do any damage. The spot where it hits the floor is where the damage is (that's for the vampire warriors, if you touch it then you will take damage). If it touches a vampire warrior, then it destroys them. You can use the vampire warriors to heal from with light magic, just don't kill them. If you accidentally kill one, Restart from Last Checkpoint.

Chapter 9

Bones Forest - Finish the level after killing 10 Headless Corpses, without being grabbed by them a single time

Use holy water to bring the headless corpses out of the ground, then grip them to finish them off. There are 7 in the first area. To get the remaining kills, take the left path and sprint double jump to get on top of the cave, where a red gem is. 5 headless corpses will spawn there for a total of 12 in the stage.

Woes Moor - Finish the level and get the three keys, scaring the crows only 13 times

Scare Flock 1 two times to fight the scarecrow. Scare Flock 1 again to bring out Flock 2. Scare Flock 1 to put them back. Scare Flock 2 to bring them down, continue to scare Flock 2 until you fight the second scarecrow. Scare Flock 2 two more times. Bring out Flock 3 and scare them two times to activate the last scarecrow.

The Music Box - Finish the level and get the blue rose without falling in any of the Music Box traps

You can't get hit by anything, or fall. If you take any damage for any reason from any trap, Restart from Last Checkpoint. The paths are the following. Green. Red, Green. Red, Magenta. Red, Yellow. Red, Blue, Magenta, Green. Blue was really hard for me, I found it was easy if you walk slowly through the first part, and ran through the second part. Another method is to use the Shoulder Charge to quickly pass through the Yellow and Blue sections.

- Note: If you mess up a lot on the long sequence, then plan ahead and before you do Red, Yellow set it to Red, Yellow, Magenta, Green so that all you have to do is switch Blue with Yellow and the entire sequence will be set when you Restart from Checkpoint.

Chapter 10

Titan Graveyard - Finish the level after receiving at least 100 points of poison damage from the deadly mist

As soon as you climb down down to the graveyard, just step into the mist and wait for 100 damage and step out. If you're maximum hit points are too low, step out earlier and find a way to heal and finish it up.

Fire Pinnacle - Finish the level without allowing Pan to recover any health during the fight

Once you get Light Magic back, use it to heal up but don't drain your magic reserves. Then when you get both Light and Dark Magic back, get right up on top of him and when he goes to attack, block for a Synchronized Block and switch to the opposing element and hit him 3 times, then turn off the magic. Repeat this until he's dead. I used this same method against Satan and it worked for both.

Fire Cemetery - Finish the level after killing 20 Zombies in a single aerial sequence

There's about 120 zombies that spawn at the end of the stage. Gather them up and use one of the following methods.

Method 1) Whittle them down with a 3 or 4 hit Y combo, finish them off with Y A A combo.

Method 2) LT+A partial charge, hold Y in the air.

Method 3) Shadow Magic, Y A A combo.

Crematory Oven - Finish the level and kill at least 15 summoned creeping corpses during the fight against the Gravedigger

A waiting game. Run circles around the Gravedigger and wait for him to dig up 3 Creeping Corpses. Repeat this process 5 times. If you have Holy Water handy, you can kill all 3 in one hit to make it faster.

Chapter 11

Necromancer's Abyss - Finish the level after destroying 60 Reapers

There are 56 Reapers in the stage itself. You will encounter 53 Reapers in the stage by progressing naturally, however 3 of them are a little difficult to find. After the first Necromancer fight, take the left gate and go right. When you jump through the portal don't swing from the hanging, miss it and land on the platform with the portal. There will be 3 Reapers. When you fight a Necromancer for the second time, you'll have 56 kills and the Necromancer can summon 5 of them. This will give you a total of 61. If you missed the group of three, prolong the fight with the second Necromancer and he will eventually summon another group of 5.

Note - Holy Water will kill them in one hit, so it's good for groups.

The Dracolich - Finish the level and defeat the Dracolich in less than 5 minutes

Use your Dark Crystal at the very beginning to weaken his weak points. If you fall off at any point of the stage, Press Start, select World Map, and restart the entire stage. While you're climbing and moving around, always press A to move faster. Even while walking you on his surface, you can press A to jump and skip a few sections. When you're climbing his belly, make sure you finish that part with at least 1:30 to spare, because you can't skip the cut scene.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwxIXzi__A]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter XI, Stage II: The Dracolich[/ame]

Chapter 12

Final Fight - Finish the level and defeat Satan without being hit by any attack with the opposite magic color

Do not use a magical element and stand next to him and wait for him to attack. When he does, do a Synchronized Block, switch to opposing element and hit him 3 times, turn off magic and roll away. Rinse and repeat. Any hit from him counts as a magic attack, including the rain of fire and earthquake abilities. Keep magic off as much as possible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9sxzk-Vz0]YouTube - Castlevania LoS Trials - Chapter XII: Final Fight[/ame]

Video note: He did not used Synchronized Blocking, so this is yet another method for finishing the trial.

Edited by Kyai

How do you kill 10 enemies while poisoned for the Underground Caves trial? They only spawn you 8 Lycans in Giant Spider/Lycan encounter. And I'm positive I didn't kill any Lycans accidentally because when the level finishes it said I had 8 Lycan kills total.

you need to kill/strangle the spiders while poisoned too

I'm having alot of damn trouble with the abbey library trial? should i wait till i max out my shadow bar? !@!$@ gremlins

How do you kill 10 enemies while poisoned for the Underground Caves trial? They only spawn you 8 Lycans in Giant Spider/Lycan encounter. And I'm positive I didn't kill any Lycans accidentally because when the level finishes it said I had 8 Lycan kills total.

I mentioned autosaves for this reason. You get poisoned, kill the lycans, you will not have 10 yet. Leave the spider alive, but go through the caves until you see the game auto saving. Once it does, press start and select Restart from Last Checkpoint. You'll have your previous kills (4 or 5, however many you have) and go back to the spider. All of the Lycans will have respawned and the spider will come back. If you STILL don't make it, then just repeat this process. As long as it saves and the spider is alive, you can restart from checkpoint and do this as many times as you want.

The Dracolich - Finish the level and defeat the Dracolich in less than 5 minutes

Cut scenes use up time for this trial, so skip all cut scenes.[/i]

It can't be skipped because of the quick time event, sorry if I wasn't clear. So you have to destroy the seal on his ribs with around 1:30 remaining, and that can be cutting it close.

In Chapter II, Level 2 I simply can't get the Spider to poison me, no matter how long I get hit.I did get poisoned by the first spider but now in the second fight it just doesn't happen.

That one is very annoying. You CAN hold block, but it rarely happens. If you get webbed, a lycan will hit you. I found it was best to just run directly into the face of the spider and take any hit it gives you. I didn't hit him, just ran into his face. If he jumps away, run into his face again.

Chromatic Observatory - Finish the level, destroying 10 Deadly Toys using normal hits before completely killing any of them with a grip

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just roll around spamming X or Y. When they glow keep hitting them till they die. They will keep spawning, after you kill the 10th one just kill the last 3 with the grip. You are allowed to use LIGHT magic to heal in this. Don't think you can use items or Shadow magic though.

That one is very annoying. You CAN hold block, but it rarely happens. If you get webbed, a lycan will hit you. I found it was best to just run directly into the face of the spider and take any hit it gives you. I didn't hit him, just ran into his face. If he jumps away, run into his face again.

I know that in general difficulty doesn't matter for trials, but for that one, is it possible that you can't be poisoned at all on easy?Because maybe that's the problem.