DLC Announced

Squalo FIN

I found good news from http://www.trueachievements.com

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2464/arcania-gothic-4-dlc-announced.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JoWood Entertainment have announced a new downloadable add-on for ArcaniA: Gothic 4, titled "ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif".

ArcaniA – Fall of Setarrif ties up the loose ends of the main game's story and adds yet another chapter to the epic tale. After the demon that possessed King Robar III was exorcised, it made its way to Setarrif to find a new host. In Setarrif, which is cut-off from the rest of the island, chaos and anarchy spread rapidly!

King Robar III is troubled by these facts and is afraid of losing the city and some of his companions, which are in Setarrif at that very moment. The nameless hero therefore is sent by the king and must journey to Setarrif… but he has no idea of what lies before him.

Game Features:

• 10 hours of gameplay with a multitude of new quests and missions

• Experience the story from another characters’ point of view – for the very first time in the franchise

• Import your character from ArcaniA - Gothic 4 or choose one from a set of archetypes

• A broad variety of new items for a even more character variations

• New enemies! Prove your fighting techniques against countless hordes of monsters

• New environments, like cities, coastal regions, jungle and mountains with volcanic activity!

Fans are being warned to look out for a special edition of the add-on; further details for this will be released in 2011.

There is currently no information on a patch to fix the Master Chef achievement. An email sent to JoWood for comment was not returned as of press time. We'll update the article should we get any more information!

The release date and price for the add-on has not yet been confirmed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope they fix Master chef

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that there is still hope for the add-on (and maybe a possible fix for the achievement?!?).

First it was postponed due to JoWood going bancrupt. But word is that the add-on was almost finished prior to that case.

Now, in the German WorldofGothic forum a former JoWood community manager told that there are still plans for the add-on to be released and that we should wait until GamesCom in August, where the new ownership structure and further plans will be revealed. He called 3rd quarter of 2011 as a possible release date.

At least a spark of hope...

I really hope they release the add-on. I was EXTREMELY frustrated when I found out that it was impossible to get 1000 gamerpoints, and I told JoWood that I would not buy the add-on until the achievements were fixed. But now that some time has passed, I'm thinking I might actually get the add-on if it's ever released.

And maybe they will fix the recipe glitch. But I think it’s important to mention that they might not have to fix the recipe glitch for us to get the last two achievements. You see, the main reason no one could get the 'Master Chef' achievement was because there were several recipes missing from the main game entirely. That’s what prevented anyone from getting the achievement – some of the recipes were nowhere to be found in the entire game. Yes, there was also a glitch where when you tried to learn certain recipes the game would think you had already learned them, and yes, this glitch made it impossible to craft certain items because there was no way to get the recipe on your crafting list. But the game DID think you knew the recipe. So just including all recipes missing from the main game in the add-on MIGHT be enough to allow us to get the 'Master Chef' achievement, without them having to fix the underlying glitch (and if any of these new recipes are glitched as well, no problem - the game thinks we already know them!). Of course, if the achievement requires that all recipes appear on your crafting list, then they’d have to fix the underlying glitch for us to finally get the achievements.

So ideally the glitch will be fixed, but just including all recipes missing from the main game might be enough for us get the achievements.

Edited by roachtbp

I have a question. I read a guide at trueachievements.com that you have to be OFFLINE to get some of the achievements in this game.

I have never heard of such a thing.

Is this true? You can't be connected to XBOX live, or you will miss some achievements?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question. I read a guide at trueachievements.com that you have to be OFFLINE to get some of the achievements in this game.

I have never heard of such a thing.

Is this true? You can't be connected to XBOX live, or you will miss some achievements?

From the TA site:

http://www.trueachievements.com/images/achievementflags/Unobtainable.pngUnobtainable

This achievement has never been possible to unlock legitimately

For an achievement to be marked as Unobtainable means that it can never be awarded even when the stated requirements have been met, or that it is literally impossible to meet said requirements. This is almost always due to programming flaws in the game, but in some cases it reflects the fact that content necessary for the achievement has not been made available. If a patch fixes the game code, or the missing content is released, the flag will be removed.

That means the three people who have it are either game developers or cheaters.

• 1 month later...