Achievement Guide

cra

ah cool, good to know^^ will update it in the collectible guide

edit: erm, just updated it and found that i now have no clue why warrior's creed unlocks then. i supposed this unlocks after collecting every piece, well maybe you need all collectible emblems,outfits,pieces,SM .... well who knows

Yeah you and me are in the same boat. I never had a problem unlocking Warriors Creed (on all 3 separate save files). Maybe collecting both chi and health piceces could unlock it or maybe it's a possibility that just completing the game once could unlock it.

I do know for sure that collecting all the health pieces unlocks "Endless Flowers" emblem because that was the only emblem I needed, and once I found the last health piece I was missing and completed the mission, the emblem unlocked right away. I just assume for the "Sword" emblem, all chi pieces have to be collected because on my first save file, I got the "Sword and Endless Flowers emblem right after mission 9 and I had both sets of pieces collected.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide is extremely outdated, and often times just plain wrong.

Mission 4: Dual Knives - um, no? There is a ton of armor in this level, along with smashing crates, and the dual knives are completely useless.

It also doesn't specify if using Ninjutsu counts against you, especially when you want to use wind against the bats. It says you can use Ninjutsu, but am I to assume it means when putting out fires and such? Please clarify your meanings.

Some of the descriptions of the item locations are straight confusing too.

I understand cra is German, but it is clear he can understand English so try to be more specific.

Edited by demi

Thanks to everyone who worked on this guide and posted in the forums. I got my 1000/1000 tonight after 32 hours of play. I dont think I ever could have gotten it done without the guide and all the Ninja Blade threads. Much appreciated.

This guide is extremely outdated, and often times just plain wrong.

Mission 4: Dual Knives - um, no? There is a ton of armor in this level, along with smashing crates, and the dual knives are completely useless.

It also doesn't specify if using Ninjutsu counts against you, especially when you want to use wind against the bats. It says you can use Ninjutsu, but am I to assume it means when putting out fires and such? Please clarify your meanings.

Some of the descriptions of the item locations are straight confusing too.

I understand cra is German, but it is clear he can understand English so try to be more specific.

well if i say you can USE ninjutsu why should there be any difference between fires and enemies? by no means can i be held responsible for what you assume...

if you want to do mission4 with one sword, dual knives is the easiest despite that you have to hit the crates 2-3times to break them. or show me a vid on youtube where you beat the hydra with the stonerender without much trouble. and you don't have to kill every single enemy, just the flies and stonerender is much too slow for that. if you want, change the swords and wait till you have lvl 5 dual knives which only need 2 hits to break a shield...

well maybe some item locations are unclear, but since there are a lot who managed to do with it, i don't plan on changing the description. BUT if you have so much trouble with it, provide me with a better guide and i will update it.

for beeing outdated: I played the game where not more than 4 people on this board played it, i added the notes what the patch did according some feedback others send me, but why should i waste another 50h+ to reconfirm everything i did already. writing this guide was a lot of work, since i did 95% alone...

guess it is easy to bash someones guide, but at least do something more constructive and write your own guide if you think this one is sooo bad.

Edited by cra

looks ok to me, but if you want a better NB guide, don't use this one and search for another maybe on gamefaqs or write your own and replace mine. no offense, but i had far more positive feedback than negative. and the ones which complained just feared to try something out and jumped to conclusions :)

btw if you want an example for a really terrible guide, look for the collectible guide for Tomb Raider: Underworld and try to get all collectibles after this guide^^ :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got this game a week ago and I'm almost done with it. Just a few more achievements to complete. There's one thing that should be added to the guide that will make the hardest achievement in the game (getting overall score A+) a piece of cake.

I saw it posted here by boygenius on another thread, but looks like no one noticed how good his tip was. I'll try to give a full explanation on how to use it for the achievement.

Load the first level of the game and play until you get to the Pox Giant, the very first boss you fight in this game. Now, what you wanna do is that:

Empty his life bar like you would normally, but instead of pressing A to do the finish move, stand right in front of his face, between his arms, equip the dual swords and start pressing XXXXXXX nonstop. Keep doing that, he will rise and you will kill him again before he can do anything. When he's about to fall down, equip Ninja Vision and change the combo to YYYYY. That way you will be doing a slower combo that won't be interrupted by the animation of him falling to the ground. When he falls, cancel Ninja Vision and go back to the old XXXXX combo.

Repeat that until you have a 999 hits combo. That alone is enough to rise your overall mission total from 30k to 50k, enough to get the A+ achievement :)

That alone will practically guarantee the achievement for anyone. I just finished the game once on normal, first playthrough, sucked big time on most of the levels and got the achievement without the need to replay a single mission (of course now I already had to replay them to get the achievements for hard, using only one sword and not using retry, but it's way easier than fighting for the A+ in all stats).

• 2 months later...
Got this game a week ago and I'm almost done with it. Just a few more achievements to complete. There's one thing that should be added to the guide that will make the hardest achievement in the game (getting overall score A+) a piece of cake.

I saw it posted here by boygenius on another thread, but looks like no one noticed how good his tip was. I'll try to give a full explanation on how to use it for the achievement.

Load the first level of the game and play until you get to the Pox Giant, the very first boss you fight in this game. Now, what you wanna do is that:

Empty his life bar like you would normally, but instead of pressing A to do the finish move, stand right in front of his face, between his arms, equip the dual swords and start pressing XXXXXXX nonstop. Keep doing that, he will rise and you will kill him again before he can do anything. When he's about to fall down, equip Ninja Vision and change the combo to YYYYY. That way you will be doing a slower combo that won't be interrupted by the animation of him falling to the ground. When he falls, cancel Ninja Vision and go back to the old XXXXX combo.

Repeat that until you have a 999 hits combo. That alone is enough to rise your overall mission total from 30k to 50k, enough to get the A+ achievement :)

That alone will practically guarantee the achievement for anyone. I just finished the game once on normal, first playthrough, sucked big time on most of the levels and got the achievement without the need to replay a single mission (of course now I already had to replay them to get the achievements for hard, using only one sword and not using retry, but it's way easier than fighting for the A+ in all stats).

thank you very much, u saved me a lot of time since i started the game today and only beated 1st mission at moment..

edit: it really worked, once I beated the game I got Ninja School Valedictorian Achievement ;)

Edited by Achiever TM

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

no is for the achievement ""...And that's all I need."

u cant use ninjitsu for kill bat.. or any enemy, if u use ninjitsu, u cant get the achievement

and i CANT get the Emblem(Kurokawa Yakuza): Unlocked with only 1 Sword used in the mission..

i already finish the mission again using only the moonlight sword, i dont undersant why the embelm dont appear. maybe because in the QTE the main dude, use the ninja blade.

EDIT: I GET IT XD.

Edited by Dymblos

"...And that's all I need." 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete all missions using only one of the swords to attack

for example in mission 4, u recomend use the dual knives

but there is a part where u need destroy a lot of crates

can i use the moonlight sword? because with the dual knives i never can destroy all them

• 1 month later...
All secret achievements:

Only a Ninja Can Stop a Ninja

Completed Mission 001 on any difficulty.

Two-Wheel Daredevil

Completed Mission 002 on any difficulty.

Family Ties

Completed Mission 003 on any difficulty.

In the Event of an Emergency...

Completed Mission 004 on any difficulty.

There's Always a Bigger Bug

Completed Mission 005 on any difficulty.

Oni Hanzo

Completed Mission 006 on any difficulty.

Déjà Vu

Completed Mission 007 on any difficulty.

Prepare for Glory

Completed Mission 008 on any difficulty.

Pass the Torch

Completed Mission 009 on any difficulty.

And how get "A Perfect 10" - Load 1st mission, go to first boss, wait when he starts grab you, then press button, every time when it's need, don't kill the boss, do !20!(exactly 20) perfects, achievement is yours. Thanks to mixhong.

hello,would u mind telling me what the bloodly hell im doing wrong!!!!! right mission 3 is proving to be a right headache.my completion score is poor and unable to max to a+,all my other scores and sub scores hasnt been a problem.im at the point of pulling my finger nails with some plairs!!! ive spent 40+ on this game and im losing the will to live!!please help!! or anyone else for that matter,i wouldbe must grateful!!!!!!

Edited by cosmic
add info

with mission 3 im unable to achieve A+ on completion score all other completion scores and sub scores havent been any trouble.any ideas?i can work out why!!! id be gratefull as ive tried for quite some time.because you say in your guide all scores must be of A+ before Mission 9 is to be completed to unlock outfits!!!!

Edited by cosmic
add info

that means you haven't fully read the guide so far. the only thing you have to do if you play offline = unpatched game is to finish every mission without dying and then beat mission 9 without dying.

concerning the overall completion score look for the 400-999hit combo on the first pox giant in mission 1. it is posted somewhere in the thread and you are free to use the search function. :)

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i know where brazil is located...we europeans have usually knowledge in geography^^

well, all I can say is to try it out. I don't even know if there are discs with patch included or if they sell the unpatched version and you can only patch it via xbox live.

guess you have to write an email to From Software or your national publisher and ask them.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...