Thoughts on this game?

I felt that Case West was somewhat justified for having 800 MS points because:

1) It's a sequel. Therefore it is relevant to all future DR games. Compared to CZ (a Demo) where I'm forever stuck at LVL 5 and lack strength, speed, etc.

2) Case West provided for the story. CZ was just a demo and the lac of connection to the main story was a reflection. Sure Chuck was in a zombie outbreak, but that was as easily told in the beginning of DR2.

Overall, CW feels more relevant and something I'm more likely to play over and over again. Since DR2 came out, I've had no desire to go back and play CZ. When I'm level 50 in DR2 and CW, being forced back to lvl 5 isn't appealing.

However, CZ definitely had its moments and as a demo for DR2, it did its job splendidly.

• 3 weeks later...
I think developers should take note. This is a great example of how to make people pay for a demo and not make them feel fipped off. Good quality, lasting gameplay (if you try to get all the achievements) and stats that carry over to the main game. Well worth the $5.

While I feel like it was worth the five dollars, I do not know how I feel about this becoming a trend. I just feel like there is a high chance of disappointment if you had to pay these "extended demos" if more developers tried this.

• 1 month later...

i kinda have a quistion, does the full game dead rising 2 (so not the dlc's) have the same time 'presure" in it, coz i kinda dont like being under time (the shots for the daughter etc..)? i like the game, it was fun, but just dont like the being under a time pressure -> wanne roam free in the world

Grtz Purified666

i kinda have a quistion, does the full game dead rising 2 (so not the dlc's) have the same time 'presure" in it, coz i kinda dont like being under time (the shots for the daughter etc..)? i like the game, it was fun, but just dont like the being under a time pressure -> wanne roam free in the world

Grtz Purified666

Yes, all Dead Rising games are a race against the clock, a thing that bothers me too, in all honesty. Luckily the game doesnt force you to rush the whole time (unless youre trying to do every achievement at once or something) so its not too bad. But, Id like the games more if theyd just cut the time limit.

You could free roam, gather some pp and achs and afterwards save and restart the game so you can keep your level etc if you really want, ofcourse.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked this up for 200msp on DoTW the other week. I feel that, even at 400msp, it is well worth it. This is the first dead rising game I have played and I enjoyed it. But I agree with what people said above, the time limit sucks. I want to explore and kill zombies but when I am worrying about the clock I feel that I am rushed. Maybe someday I will grab the first one and give it a go.

• 4 weeks later...

Grtz Purified666

DR2: OTR has a "sandbox" mode with no time limits and you can play DR1 on a survival type mode after you beat it i think (its been awhile). the time limit once you get used to it makes the game better you'll get used to it quick in the full game. you have enough time to do everything but you will probably need some practice first, but this game is just as entertaining on the second playthrough because you don't have much down time and you always have somewhere to be but you're not obligated to do anything if you just want to mess around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
While I feel like it was worth the five dollars, I do not know how I feel about this becoming a trend. I just feel like there is a high chance of disappointment if you had to pay these "extended demos" if more developers tried this.

For the last time Case 0 WAS NOT A DEMO ! Still Creek had nothing to do with Fortune City. Yes it was worth 5$ honestly, I loved every second of this game. I might do another playthrough for fun soon to hold me over til' DR3.

Edited by Deadsea 1993