Do you think Black Ops 2 will be in contention for GOTY?

Cooljoe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think call of duty is a good game but not a great one, I'll be getting it later this year with a few others but it's the least I'm exicited for, especially with getting games like Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman Absolution, Dishonored and Borderlands 2.

However, it probably will sell loads of copies and be GOTY.

Call of Duty games have been built on the same game engine since COD4. I don't play them anymore because it just feels like a recycled version of the same game over and over. If they decide to completely rebuild the game engine and rebuild the game from the ground up successfully then I can see it being a nominee for GOTY.

I'm not a big fan of Battlefield anymore either, but at least there was a very distinct difference between Bad Company 2, BC2 Vietnam, and Battlefield 3.

It will, not because it deserves it but due to popularity. Far better and more innovating games has already been released this year. This game is just a standard milking the franchise release and should not even be considered a nominee. I don't what is worse this or Halo 4...though in Halo 4 they seem to actually have change some things.....

Edited by Kunduz

Call of Duty games have been built on the same game engine since COD4. I don't play them anymore because it just feels like a recycled version of the same game over and over. If they decide to completely rebuild the game engine and rebuild the game from the ground up successfully then I can see it being a nominee for GOTY.

I'm not a big fan of Battlefield anymore either, but at least there was a very distinct difference between Bad Company 2, BC2 Vietnam, and Battlefield 3.

Shouldn't a GOTY be on a stand alone basis? And I disagree that the games haven't changed also, they have evolved quite slowly in terms of campaign, however the changes in multiplayer between MW1 and MW2 were groundbreaking (admittedly I only started playing the MP 6 months after it came out so didn't see the glitches and hackers.) MW3's main problem was that instead of essentially being one huge DLC for MW2 it made the maps tiny and stupid, fucked the hit detection and matchmaking and gayed over the guns, despite this as a stand alone game, MW3 was exemplary.

WaW and Black Ops were also completely different from the IW games, Black Ops maps had AMAZING S&D maps.

Also you are forgetting about Zombies and Spec ops both new and evolving features in Cod games.

It appears to me that you just don't like the fact that it's a series rather than every game being a new IP, which makes me wonder, why are you even on these forums?

Off Topic: Also BF3 was a different series from Bad Company :/, and the only thing that changed from BC1 to BC2 was the colours and the story.

Most likely FPS unless they can do something unique, which I highly doubt. But then again, this would be Treyarch's only second time making a COD game, if they make a lot of changes, then there would be a GOTY chance

Actually its the 3rd game...

World at War (which introduced Zombies)

Black Ops

and finally Black Ops 2.

Like 10,000 different places hand out GOTY awards, who holds stock in such a thing? It's not like there is only one source that a game could get GOTY from so why even argue who deserves what and who will win? The places doing reviews and awards have so much bias behind them that any accolades given to any game, numerics or titles, is utterly meaningless. Make up your own mind about a game, don't let some biased media outlet decide what's a good game for you.

Damn man yall are all spouting bs.. I hate treyarchs games and i still know which ones in the main series they did lol..

Call of Duty 3

World at War

Blops

Blops 2

Its 4 CoD games ppl.. And that doesn't even count that ports and spin offs of CoD games they did lol.

Forgot call of duty 2 big red one back on ps2 and xbox. I think it was considered part of the main series, if not then you're correct and its just considered a spin off

CoD 4 set a standard for console FPS games, but with each new iteration in the franchise, the bar has been set lower and lower. We aren't seeing much change in comparison with MW, MW2, or MW3. Due to this, the CoD games are "becoming average" for not pushing its boundaries further.

Treyarch did good with Black Ops, however. They established a new setting for campaign, and changed up multiplayer to set it apart from the MW titles.

I'm looking forward to Black Ops 2, because from what I've seen, Treyarch is trying to change it up again to keep the series fresh. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to purchase a new game, I've already laid down some dough for other games that deserve some greater attention.

GOTY awards, chiefly the one broadcasted on Spike, are just a big popularity contest. I don't really care what wins or loses, but BO2 will surely be up there for shooter of the year, along with Max Payne 3, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Far Cry 3.

Like I said, popularity contest.

Edited by LickableLemons7