Games you've tried to hard to like, but don't.

Seraph Xii

How did I forget about Halo?! I've tried. I played most of them, but it's not living up to it's hype imo.

I play the Halo games more or less just for the continuation of the story. I ignore the MP nowadays as Reach and 4 were highly disappointing to me. Let's see if they fix it in Halo XB1.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far Cry 2: The game glitched on me so early on in the story I couldn't even progress to the boring part.

This made me laugh. Not that I enjoy your personal technical difficulties or anything. ;)

That game was a mess but I liked it. I was really into it for a good week one summer.

The zombies mode on Call of Duty is something I have always tried to get into, but never quite been able to.

This is a big one for me. I love all things zombie and I've never been able to buckle down and get into this game mode. The closest I came was when it started back on World At War, and even then the most I would play would be two or three short matches with a couple friends. The convoluted Easter eggs they made the focus later on didn't help lure me in.

How did I forget about Halo?! I've tried. I played most of them, but it's not living up to it's hype imo.

I've played them all to some degree or another and I just can't bring myself to care. Reach was my favorite, that should be a good indication of my Halo credibility.

This made me laugh. Not that I enjoy your personal technical difficulties or anything. ;)

That game was a mess but I liked it. I was really into it for a good week one summer.

I was very briefly tempted when it went on sale for download to give it another shot, it did sound interesting. That was a few years back when I played it before.

First time around I hit a game breaker that prevented me from progressing at all almost right at the start. One of the very first people you're instructed to meet at a bar during a certain time, presumably to get quests from.... the bar was always locked regardless of what time of day in-game it was. Didn't matter whether it was midnight or noon or anywhere in between. Locked, remember the quest marker was on the bar, telling me this is the spot.... but nope!

I tried clearing my cache, installing, uninstalling, restarting a new game a couple times.... same thing. Bah!

I play the Halo games more or less just for the continuation of the story. I ignore the MP nowadays as Reach and 4 were highly disappointing to me. Let's see if they fix it in Halo XB1.

I've always enjoyed the Halo campaigns. The MP, not my bag really but Halo 2's BTB was a blast back when XBL was in it's infancy. Other than that, nah.

Edited by Opiate42

You started a series on it's third installment…that's grounds for why you don't get the hype behind it.

What so you want me to buy the first Xbox just to play Halo 1 & 2?

My friends used to love this game when it was out, they hadn't played on the first Xbox either... so that can't be why.

Edit: I have Anniversary Evolved aswell.

Edited by Samigi

My friends used to love this game when it was out, they hadn't played on the first Xbox either... so that can't be why.

NO! LOL :p

I'm saying, a big reason you might not like the series is because you jumped into it in the middle and didn't get to experience the first two at their inception.

I'm not telling you to go buy an OG Xbox and play them, I was just stating a subjective assumption as to why I think you probably weren't fond of the series :)

I doubt he'll enjoy the first two if he didn't like 3, the best one. :p

3 is the best one IMO too! I guess some people may disagree seeing as I only got into the series at 3's launch. Flawless multiplayer and a decent campaign. ODST was good but Reach and 4 were mediocre. Ahh I miss the days when Halo 3's population was 200k or more :(

Sacred 2

Dragon Age Origins

Risen 2

Dragons Dogma

The Witcher 2

Fable 2&3

Splatterhouse

Remember Me

Aliens Colonial Marines

I really wanted to like these games, but I just ended up hating them. Remever Me dragged me in with its futuristic theme, and looked beautiful. After playing it however, I realised just how bad it was. Aliens is a film series I love. The game killed it. Total disappointment.

You don't have to buy the first Xbox to be able to play Halo 1 & 2 though. They both work on the 360.

I tried so Damn hard to get into RAGE. I was so pumped for it. The previews looked awesome. The graphics looked mind blowing the area looked amazing. Weapons looked great. unfortunately all that was false well except the graphics they were pretty good. New York was small in that game. The weapons were boring. The ai was not as smart as advertizing claimed. The ai sucked. The story was so confusing and boring I tried To just forget about the story period. The game had no real sense of exploring like we were led to believe. The game devs made freaking DOOM yet failed RAGE.

I wound up selling it after I tried 2 playthroughs I tried co op it was even worse then Sp. The races are good but Midnite club and Gta had more fun and varied race tracks.

I tried hard to get in Bayonetta. I don't want to talk about that atrocity. Nuff said.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Far Cry 2 for me, it just seemed so boring... the HUD, the scenery, the characters. It came with a very passionate recommendation from a friend and i eventually had to admit i did about 5 hours and decided it could be traded back in.

Halo 3 i got a 4 levels in and just lost the will to play. As an introduction to the series it seriously put me off, although I have since been told it's sacrilege i played it first of all the Halo games (I was mainly a PS2 player before 360).

There was just something about far cry 2 that did the exact same thing to me... I just didn't like the realism of the scenery to much - don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but, it's just difficult for me to get immersed with the malaria system the game had.

Borderlands 2. I loved the first one and was extremely excited for bl2. After going through it one time I was soooooo bored with it. Even with three other people. Every mission seemed like the same tedious shit.

I stopped playing it after I got the original k . Went back to it at each mp and was just bored as hell. I do have to say that the bright spot of this game was definitely Tiny Tina.