Any tips for finishing a race in under 46 seconds?

jorax

Best I can do is 47.5 so far, and without getting under 46 it is not possible to get the final achievement for level 10. I'm tucking constantly, hitting all gates and jumps, and getting a perfect start every time. It doesn't help that they add more gates as you level up, making it tougher to get fast times when they finally add this mission.

The number of gates fluctuates. I think that by the time the 46 seconds mission comes up, the gate count can be as low as 18. I squeaked by at 45.95 seconds.

I wrote a solution on TA. Here's my 2 cents about the 46 seconds. Maybe the trick for Max Speed will help also.

-Complete a race in 46 seconds

(Probably the hardest mission for most people.)

The number of gates fluctuates at the high levels. I think the lowest is 18, but it can go as high as 26 or more. Wait for a low number of gates, miss none of them, make a perfect start, make every jump perfectly, and tuck as much as possible. You'll still need some luck in landing after the jumps, since that slows you down the most, even with a "Perfect Jump." After several attempts, I got 45.95 seconds. (Missing a gate is a 2 second penalty, making 46 seconds impossible.) I'm afraid I don't have a sure-fire trick for this. Just practice and don't give up.

-Reach max speed

This was my last mission. I ignored the gates. I couldn't seem to get over 140 km/h until I crouched all the way to the ground. My fists were touching the ground. When I got to 146 km/h, the mission was complete. Maybe tucking this much would have helped with the 46 seconds, but it would make turning very difficult.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
when you start up the game on xbox is only 18 gates so there is your chance...

Comment makes no sense! basically you are saying come out game completely and restart to attempt at first time loading the game!

The truth is the game states score of 46 and its untrue because i have 46.14, 46, 36, etc and it does not count. This is based on luck and technique

• 4 months later...

Best method i found was from another site. Just sit in a chair with your arms down at your side and lean towards the gates. I found sitting up right got me at maximum speed. I got the acheivement first time when trying this method. also anoth tip is you can hit the home button to pause the game then lean in the direction you wans then un pause.