Pre order/ collectors question

bigbbubba

Posters and image finders (whatever you want to call it) were already given away months ago for a pre order. Those were by far the best pre order items given away than anything else for other games.

I don't think R* does a lot of collectors editions at release (correct me if I'm wrong) and as far as in game items, I don't think they did that with IV. It's not really needed anyways, just the name GTA will make me want to pre order without needing a in game weapon that should already be there.

Maybe after all the DLC is done with V in the future they will come out with a game of the year edition or something. That's all I can see them doing.

Hmm a license plate that is a pretty cool idea.

Oh man they should make a custom GTA V controller! I would totally spend anything up to £50 on one. :p

I second the controller idea, and for the center guide button, the V symbol maybe?

I really never have an interest in these Special Editions unless they come with something I can actually use in the game. i.e. Mass Effect 3 had the Collector's Edition armor as well as the code for the Ashes dlc.

If GTA5 could do something like that, I would buy it.

As for pre-order bonuses -- I'm still waiting to hear what retailers have. I, for the most part, only buy games from Amazon anymore, so I'm hoping they'll have something.

I really hope they include a FULL radio soundtrack CD box-set with the songs from all the radio stations. I bought the soundtrack box-sets for Vice City and San Andreas and I listen to them all the time.

Unfortunately in the IV collectors edition they only included a 'Best of GTA IV' soundtrack, with only a few songs on it :(

While I don't see Rockstar doing something amazing for a Special Edition or Collector's Edition, I could see them doing something standard such as:

- A statue/figure of the 3 protagonists

- A custom controller!!

- Lithograph

- Keychains

It all depends on what it brings though. I personally have only ever bought two Collector's Editions: Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4. ACIII because the statue was awesome (I sold the belt buckle, notebook and flag :p) and Halo because I have an everlasting boner for that franchise/series.

From what everyone has said above, the three must have contents of a CE for me would have to include a custom controller, a full soundtrack CD (not some download key) and some kind of GTA themed mini number plate. This would be amazing. Doubt we will get any of this though.

I would expect any type of soundtrack to be sold separately, regardless of any type of edition. The license plate seems silly to me.

I REALLY want a custom controller though. Think of the possibilities!

I would expect any type of soundtrack to be sold separately, regardless of any type of edition. The license plate seems silly to me.

I REALLY want a custom controller though. Think of the possibilities!

I guess the plate seems a bit pointless when you think about it, but I imagine it to be a pretty cool little add in.

With Red Dead Redemption's LE, they gave us a code to enter on their website so we could download like 12 mp3 files, the soundtrack was awesome but a physical CD would have been cooler, and again pointless I guess. :p But the soundtrack for GTA V will be huge no doubt.

I guess the plate seems a bit pointless when you think about it, but I imagine it to be a pretty cool little add in.

With Red Dead Redemption's LE, they gave us a code to enter on their website so we could download like 12 mp3 files, the soundtrack was awesome but a physical CD would have been cooler, and again pointless I guess. :p But the soundtrack for GTA V will be huge no doubt.

I hadn't known about that, but either way, I would take the music, physical or digital! So, I will definitely be getting it [GTA OST]!

And now that I think about it, games like Gears, Halo, and Tomb Raider all have a unique theme to their game so their controllers make sense. Not saying GTA V doesn't have it's own "theme" or "identity" but I just don't know what a GTA controller would look like lol.