FAQs

highpass

Either you're lying or your friend is. Taken directly from gearsofwar.com:

How does Annex affect gaining achievements?

Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

So no, it neither counts toward weapon achievements nor "Seriously..."

Ah bollucks. I play annex non-stop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

CO-OP question. I played the game locally with a friend before I had live and cared about achievements. We completed the game on casual and hardcore. So now he picked up the game for like $12 and we were going to do INSANE - live co-op. So I am wondering does he has to play through the game on casual first or is it like GEARS 2 where you can choose any difficulty. And since I want the DOM achievements will he be able to host an insane game? Thanks for your answers.

• 1 month later...
This is probably a dumb question but is there a way to invite friends to a game?

A player match, yes. No if it is ranked, you will have to tell your friend the specific settings of the match, and have him search for it.

is anyone cracking down on people who glitch serisously and if so what are the repercussions?

At this point, I very highly doubt it. If anything was being done, a GS reset would most likely occur.

Again, I'm 99.99% sure nothing is being done, considering how long the game has been out/how old the glitch is.

For the specific weapon achievements, if you melee kill someone does that count towards the total or does the kill have to be "weapon fired"?

Meleeing will not count as a kill. You have to actually kill them by shooting it. If they're down, also know that firing at an enemy very close will not count towards that weapon either, it will count as an "Execution".

So if you're playing Warzone, step back a bit and shoot them, you'll know it counted towards the weapon if that's how it shows up in the bottem left hand corner (Example: Gamer 1 *boom shot symbol* gamer 2). If you're playing Execution, you're best ber is to wait for them to get up, then shoot.

The biggest question I find on these forums is "Do my kills count if the players drop below 6?"

The answer is, yes, they do count. Your "Seriously..." and weapon achievements will still count, no matter how many people. Even if the host quits. As long as you stay in the match until it is over, you'll get you're kills.

People are confused over this because if you go look on the leaderboards, it does not count these kills or points, because they do not consider these as legitimate. But you, as a gamer, still receive your kills.

Got it? However, this game's achievements are still really messed up, so I don't know if they'll unlock at the right time for you. I mean, come on Epic, how the hell do you screw up your achievement system, THIS badly? lol

• 2 months later...
The biggest question I find on these forums is "Do my kills count if the players drop below 6?"

The answer is, yes, they do count. Your "Seriously..." and weapon achievements will still count, no matter how many people. Even if the host quits. As long as you stay in the match until it is over, you'll get you're kills.

People are confused over this because if you go look on the leaderboards, it does not count these kills or points, because they do not consider these as legitimate. But you, as a gamer, still receive your kills.

Got it? However, this game's achievements are still really messed up, so I don't know if they'll unlock at the right time for you. I mean, come on Epic, how the hell do you screw up your achievement system, THIS badly? lol

Kind of cinfused as to what your saying there, are you saying the kills count towards the achievement or too the leaderboards?

i know they count for the leaderboards but the achievement is the answer i really want to know

in all these years of playing gears 1 since it was released i don't think we've ever had a proper answer too the seriously question :D

• 2 months later...

What I understood is, that your kills will count for your achievements, but these ones won't count in the leaderboards.

That means that, In the strange scenario that your achievement unlocks exactly when you kill 10.000 people, If you check the leaderboard and count all your kills, you may be able to count a total of 9.900 kills, but get the Seriously achievement.

At least, that's what I understood, but.... I'm Spanish... so maybe isn't that xDD

P.D: Playing GoW right now, so If you find me... invite/join :p

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never have gotten why most people say this game is better than the 2nd in the multiplayer section? Never played this online till after I played the second one as I didn't have xbox live back then but always thought this one was kinda boring online compared to the 2nd which had way better graphics and control.

• 4 months later...

No one is hosting co-op games on insane nowadays, and I still need the hardcore + insane + Dom achievements. I was wondering, if i played co-op on my xbox with my brother (both on same xbox), both in seperate accounts, me playing as Dom, would I unlock those achievements on my account?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I was just wondering if curb stomps count towards the "Capital Punishment" achievement, also, is it possible to get all the Annex achievements in a private match? Because that would make things a LOT easier.

You can do annex in private with another controller and u must do 100 seperate kills curb stomp and excecutions.

Cud you start a match with 6 ppl have 3 ppl quit and just have 2 ppl swop kills and 1 do nothing and kills wud count? wud help reduce boosters needed lol

Also do you have to do all kills in one mode or cn u done sum in war zone n rest in excecution

Edited by DemonDuffeh

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...