Achievement Discussion

Krazie

Arcade is basically co-op, only at the end of every section you are given points based on things like how many kills you get, how many shield tokens you pick up, items you break and so on. Whoever gets the most points 'wins' and you carry on with the level.

If you play in Arcade you can get more achievements in less time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just thought i would confirm that 100 Arcade Wins can be done in 2 sittings.

I was doing it on Wrenchworks, saved frequently. Last save was at 44 and then a few after it hung. Reset my console, did 56 more and got it then.

If you want to ammend the Achievement Guide thats cool, as when PerpetualHeaven wrote it he said, "I don’t have this achievement yet and the only people who I know who have it don’t know if you can turn off your console and continue. So please be careful when you do this because if your 360 stalls like mine did (at 40 arcade wins), you might have to restart all over again from 0."

Basically it saves your arcade wins number at your last save, so when you continue from that save you can continue from that number. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know how to submit this to the guy that wrote the guide on here but I have found out much faster and simpler ways to get the Ultimate Team Alliance Achievement which also includes Team Work and I Have a Friend and Super Hero Team. Also 4000 kills too.

Here is how it is done.

Get 3 others online with you or plug in 4 controls. Then play to or load up a save inside Stark Tower. Then all you do is go in and out of Iron Man's lab (behind the waterfall at the back of the main area) and boom achievement unlocked.

Also here is a better way to get costumes unlocked.

For this one it is preferable that you have played through the game at least once so you have quite good characters.

Play to or load up a save at the very beginning of Mephesto's Realm on Easy difficulty. Go save the game at the SHIELD post and then choose the character you wish to unlock the costume for. After you have chosen jump all the other character over the edge. Then with the character you have chosen go to the part with the infinite spawning gremlin type things (the part where you have to throw them into the lava to lower the platform). Now figure out that characters best spawn camping move, e.g. strong enough to kill quickly but fast enough to do in rapid succession. Then just spawn camp the gremlin things, you should be able to figure out the fastest way of dispatching the enemies which each character and just keep doing that. Health and Energy aren't important because most of the kills will drop more of each. So once you have unlocked the costume you are going for then hit start and load back up at the SHIELD post. You will still have the costume and you can now repeat with a new character.

Note: After each costume you unlock remember to save over the save you load from otherwise all the costumes will disappear when you turn off.

This is also the fastest way to get 4000 kills too, and a high level Ice Shards attack from Iceman is extremely fast way to kill the enemies.

Here is a link to a video of me demonstrating just how fast and easy this method is. Sorry about the quality but all I had on hand was my camera phone's video recorder.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/ALLoY1717/?action=view&current=MOV00571.flv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
about how many hours does it take to get all the achievements in this game on average? (not counting the new achievements)

For me way to many... I had to go through and beat the entire game cause I didnt know until this week that you cant unlock the 4th outfit after you completed the game. You have to do the seperate missions before the game is complete. Hope that saves you some time..:Bounce:

I'm having trouble doing the arcade win achievements, I've got up to 3 wins in a row but for some reason nothing is respawning...

I'm on Wrenchworks, killing everything from the shield point to the exterior door and then exit to get the win. What exactly do I do next, I've been going back to the shield point and extracting but this doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to do the 4 player online achievement and i have 2 live accounts and my friend also has 2 live accounts. Can we log in the 2 accounts on each box and then go online and get the 4 player achievement or does it have to be 4 seperate people from 4 different xboxes? If anyone knows i would greatly appreciate and answer.

I'm having trouble doing the arcade win achievements, I've got up to 3 wins in a row but for some reason nothing is respawning...

I'm on Wrenchworks, killing everything from the shield point to the exterior door and then exit to get the win. What exactly do I do next, I've been going back to the shield point and extracting but this doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Enemies in sections will only respawn once you've gone to a different act. So extract to any extraction point in any other act, then extract yourself back to act 1 and they will be there. Repeat this as many times as you need to...

Hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to do the 4 player online achievement and i have 2 live accounts and my friend also has 2 live accounts. Can we log in the 2 accounts on each box and then go online and get the 4 player achievement or does it have to be 4 seperate people from 4 different xboxes? If anyone knows i would greatly appreciate and answer.

You don't even need to be online to get the 4-player achievement. It can all be done on one system, provided you have 4 controllers. All that matters is that each character is controlled by a separate controller. If you and your friend each run the game controlling 2 characters with 2 separate controllers it should unlock. The quickest way to do it is to go back and forth from Tony Stark's Lab to Stark Industries in act one 25 times.

Scott needs to talk to jean just after the pitfall game in murderworld

Magneto needs to be in your group at the very start of Mephistos realm

Sabretooth needs to be in your group when you battle gladiator

Dr. Doom nees to be in your group for the final fight with Doom.

These must be done in game.

Surfer is unlocked after you beat all of the comic disk missions, unless you put the code in.

• 4 weeks later...
Enemies in sections will only respawn once you've gone to a different act. So extract to any extraction point in any other act, then extract yourself back to act 1 and they will be there. Repeat this as many times as you need to...

You don't even need to be online to get the 4-player achievement. It can all be done on one system, provided you have 4 controllers. All that matters is that each character is controlled by a separate controller. If you and your friend each run the game controlling 2 characters with 2 separate controllers it should unlock. The quickest way to do it is to go back and forth from Tony Stark's Lab to Stark Industries in act one 25 times.

I'm trying to do the Arcade wins and I haven't been able to get the enemies to respawn. I've even tried extracting to another act, but they still don't respawn.

Is there any other advice that can be given?

I'm trying to do the Arcade wins and I haven't been able to get the enemies to respawn. I've even tried extracting to another act, but they still don't respawn.

Is there any other advice that can be given?

Can't you just start a new game? I think the arcade wins are cumulative across all your saves just like the 4000 kills achievement.

• 1 month later...
Can't you just start a new game? I think the arcade wins are cumulative across all your saves just like the 4000 kills achievement.

Bit of a long bump but I just got the 100 arcade wins, but it was in a single game file. At first I thought the auto update screwed with my game, but it was because I used one of my newer saves.

If you have trouble with non-respawning enemies then go to Mephistos Realm, kill four enemies then go through the portal, kill four enemies in that area and teleport back. Repeat that until all of the enemies are dead in the first area, then start on the second.

Once everything is dead then continue to Sepulcher, here there are loads of enemies to get rid of. Be sure to kill ONLY FOUR of them every time. You should be able to get the majority of your wins in this area alone. I managed about 80 because the enemy count kept glitching and they would respawn as I moved around the map.

It took a while but it is doable in a single day.

• 2 weeks later...

Throw 500 enemies off a ledge – Alright; you can get this achievement and the ultimate super hero achievement in the same place. Go to Mephisto’s puzzle area and you’ll have these little creeper things. They’ll spawn infinitely and won’t stop coming until you’ve done the objective. Do not do it and just throw them off. Once you’ve throw over 500, you can start using the cyclone blade by Deadpool to start killing them none stop.

Or

You can do Asgard in the simulation rounds. You have a bridge where you can throw plenty of people off. Gives you kills and throws, plus it’ll help you level your characters and is more accessible then Mephisto’s area.

I got a Q about that achievement... When I go to asgard I do see a big bridge.. but it has big walls so I cant trow any people off.. any tips :confused:?

I have a question about the custom achievements for the DLC heros/villains. I downloaded the Hero/Villian pack. But all of the customs are unlocked already. I dont know if this matters, but I had already started to play the game before I downloaded them. Does anyone know the cause of this?

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if this has been discussed exactly, but for the arcade achievments. I read the guide where he explains to just run through the wrenchworks level at the start of the game and use invisible woman and ms marvel which works well. He also explained to just use 2 controllers and load the second one up at the end of the level, this works also. I wanted to throw this in, which I found works well. After you get the arcade win by loading up the second controller on the player screen, when you are in the omega exterior go straight to the shield save point but not before pausing the game and disabling the second controller where it says player on the left menu. Go to the shield point and extract back to wrenchworks and run through the level again and then at the end, pause the game and enable the second controller and exit for another win. I found this a little faster. sorry if it has been discussed already.

Note: this only works for so long, you can actually disable the 2nd controller go back through the door, enable and kill some stuff and then go back into the door and still get a win. Once you kill everything, you have to start over.

Do all of the costumes need to be unlocked in a single saved game to unlock Silver Surfer? I unlocked many of the costumes during my run through the Easy level, then the rest on Normal. I've unlocked every costume for play, yet Surfer is nowhere to be found.

Ideas?

Do all of the costumes need to be unlocked in a single saved game to unlock Silver Surfer? I unlocked many of the costumes during my run through the Easy level, then the rest on Normal. I've unlocked every costume for play, yet Surfer is nowhere to be found.

Ideas?

i thought u had to complete bronze in all cds