To buy or not to buy...

BIGbivvie

Just so you know, its nothing like Dragon Age 2 at all. They are both have a medievil setting, and thats where the similarities end, however, I would say that so far, this is much, much better then DA2 was! Heres a quick list of pros and cons

+ Great class customization

+ Fantastic frantic combat

+ Awesome looking enemies and bosses

+ Hard difficulty makes the game rewarding and tense

+ Massive gameworld & New Game+. First playthrough apparently takes 40+ hours so once your hooked, expect to be playing for months

- Framerate can drop down to single digits in some areas

- Hard difficulty can really frustrate you if you go into this as a normal action game

- Co-op/Online play is pretty bugged at the moment, also, co-oping with a friend is a pain in the butt

Try it out first, especially if you enjoy crap like DA2. This game is not one in which the purchase price means an entitlement to victory. It's not going to hold you hand, tell you where to go, what to do, you're on your own, always.

I've been reading and reading and reading on this one....about how hard it is....and trying to talk myself out of buying it.

Finally gave in today and went and picked up a copy. Getting ready to pop it in and have a go at dying...lol. Here's to hoping I don't break a controller :)

It's not so bad at the start. I only really started dying once I met the knights.

It's the same pissing knight all time he knocks my shield away and guts me. none of the others do it.

It's not so bad at the start. I only really started dying once I met the knights.

It's the same pissing knight all time he knocks my shield away and guts me. none of the others do it.

I actually did pretty terrible at the start and died a lot. I mean a lot. Once I learned how to approach the game though it got much easier and now I only really die to bosses or invaders.

If you do the level boosting method pretty early in the game and find a decent armor and weapon it's actually not that hard. I only had a slight problem with the first 3-4 bosses. Rest I plowed through. I actually regret boosting, because it made it too easy.

Edited by Stressneivo

level boosting method, i'd like some easy v.v;

it's an amazing game but it's really really hard. you can be trawling along a section get hit once by something and that's it. redo the entire section. getting as poison affliction has never been so frightening. Despite raging at it various times on the forums I really like it. I want to get good at it, or at least survive. It's seriously addictive.So buy. You couldn't complete it in rental time xD.

DA2? Lol, that's funny.

Anyways, the combat, as said previously, is really good.

I like that this game is challenging as a lot of games these days are shy about bringing any real difficulty. I mean in that you actually work for what you get, enemies aren't entirely pushovers, especially larger or boss enemies, and dying can really set you back.