Worst racing game ever.

nejvetsiborec

First this isnt about skill, its about pure luck.

But the best thing is, that i win a race, but before all players finished, my router went down, a i instead of having form 2, i had 37. Wow, great game, never play it anymore.

Completly glitched game, will try change it for blur, but if i consider difference in these games, no chance for change.

Edited by nejvetsiborec

meh I dont play online.

I wouldn't call this worst but its definitely not my favorite for the following reasons:

1. almost the only way to win the race against AI is doing takedowns/shortcuts. Where is racing...

2. I get no sense of speed and I almost never crash in a race unless AI does lucky takedown

3. no speedometer or map ...

4. most of the track look, feel and actually are the same cause they are exactly a few chunks of track put in different order to form a new track. this makes me go nuts as I can never remember what kind of turn is next cause of this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work at gamestop so i get to borrow games from there for free. I just picked this one up today, and I do not like it. I have had blur since day one. in this one re doing a race, even just the second time, is boring. Sure its pretty and its cool to have dump trucks crashing in to the freeway. But watching it happen at the same place, in the same race, over and over again, takes the thrill out of it. Blur is far better. even if i end up in 19 out of 20 place in blur, i feel like i earned it, not that i was cheated out of it.

Edited by MonkeyPunchBaby

• 1 month later...

Yeah I agree you have to take this game for what it is. An arcade style racer if you want simulation racing why did you buy a game that offers takedown and explosions to stop opponents. It does exactly what it says on the tin and is very enjoyable. I also got 1000g on it and i wasn't particularly trying which is pretty cool.

• 2 months later...
The name alone sounds bad. Could just image how bad the actual game is.

ooooooooo no sir....you can not imagine how bad this game is. its like burnout took a sh!t and well thats it.....burnout took a sh!t....

dont get it twisted.....i love burnout....i hate this game....and forget the online unless you purchase the DLC cars your not beating the same five people that play (who ironically use the same cars all the time) they are rank 1's but are afraid to let anyone else get it.....so ya....it has other multiplayer games, but no one plays. has the option to choose only b or c class cars, but no one wants to because it would be a FAIR and REAL race.

so dont waste your time on this game. i got it on sale. shouldnt of paid for it. HA!:uzi::woop:

This game IS about skill and the mastering of Drift. .

couldn't of said it better. i dont know how many times i would race the same track the same way never changing anything, i would be in first (some how) for the first couple laps as soon as the last turn for last lap was here magically i would drift into something at 1000 MPH (even though i brake) or i would get caught in some stupid power play glitch (being past a power play then a AI detonates but somehow you get caught up in it) and forget the timed achievements they were a fuc*ing joke!!!!

:woop:i got'em tho:uzi:

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it a couple of months ago as it was going cheap and I was quite pleased with it. I accept the criticisms already mentioned but it's a blast for a few pounds.

The only achievement that has got me utterly beaten is the Powerplant Detonator in under 1m 18secs. I've seen a few videos on Youtube on how to do it but I'm still 2.5 secs off this.

• 3 months later...

How could someone hate this game!?! Just got it today and i'm absolutely loving it! Best racing game i have played to this day.

couldn't of said it better. i dont know how many times i would race the same track the same way never changing anything, i would be in first (some how) for the first couple laps as soon as the last turn for last lap was here magically i would drift into something at 1000 MPH (even though i brake) or i would get caught in some stupid power play glitch (being past a power play then a AI detonates but somehow you get caught up in it) and forget the timed achievements they were a fuc*ing joke!!!!

:woop:i got'em tho:uzi:

Sounds to me like you dont like this game because you suck at it. Practice makes perfect, its a fantastic game.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wanted to like this game, but the A.I. is what kills it. No matter how far ahead you are, they can catch up without using Power Plays, but if they are far ahead, forget it. Not only are they too far ahead for Power Plays to be activated, but, as stated above, without a map or any sort you have no real idea where they are anyway.

My biggest gripe is the drifting. I've lost count as to how many times my car will magically start drifting on its own, causing me to crash or swerve and not be able to recover slowing me way down or, again, crashing.

That said, the online play is much more enjoyable because real people play the game how it should be played. Unlike the brick wall computer controlled cars.

My biggest gripe is the drifting. I've lost count as to how many times my car will magically start drifting on its own, causing me to crash or swerve and not be able to recover slowing me way down or, again, crashing

Your car starts drifting on its own? no matter what car i choose it doesnt drift at all and i end up in a wall. other than that though, i really like this game so far, just got it today so i havent played too much of it though, but still think its a good game.

• 1 month later...

It's a good one for people who lack driving skill, like me, because you can do well in the game by using the takedowns. I tried Blur but I found that got a bit tricky to master and once you realise a game is beyond you it soon gets sold on. Split Second I found to be a good challenge learning the routes and timing the takedowns. Getting first place in all the levels is rock hard though.

• 2 months later...
forget the online unless you purchase the DLC cars your not beating the same five people that play (who ironically use the same cars all the time) they are rank 1's but are afraid to let anyone else get it.....so ya....it has other multiplayer games, but no one plays. has the option to choose only b or c class cars, but no one wants to because it would be a FAIR and REAL race.

No, they put the time and effort needed to get the best cars in Season mode. The DLC ones are awful in comparison to the top Elite car. If you aren't prepared to put in the effort, don't cry that you suck. That's like saying Skyrim sucks because you start with crap weapons, or any FPS sucks because you start with crap guns.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey, quick question instead of starting a new thread.

What's the online community like in this? Dead? the odd race here and there? Or still alot of people?

As of lately, I haven't been able to get a game what so ever. A person or two will join and leave. I'll try different game mode because I have four online achievements to get, but I don't seem to see anyone on much. Back in January I never had a problem getting a full room. =/