Achievement Discussion Thread

All Rounder will be one of those that we will probably have to keep track of manually so as to not be running around wondering what we haven't done. I neglected to do this on ACB and it was nuts trying to get Employee of the Month.

Probably will not be too hard to do legit. Just one that you have to keep track of on a spreadsheet of some kind.

looking at the MP achievements...

Committed To The Cause 20G

Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.

- hopefully Wolfpack will help me reach this fast like i did with AC3...

All Rounder 20G

Play on every game mode, and use every ability and ranged weapon once in Multiplayer.

- probably use Wolfpack for the abilities and ranged weapons requirements so i only have to worry about the "every game mode" bit. unless it's using abilities and ranged weapons at least once in each game mode... ugh!

Master Of The Caribbean 20G

Complete the Discovery Mode of Wolfpack in Multiplayer

- Wolfpack

Personal Bag of Tricks 10G

Finish a game session with an ability set that you customized in Multiplayer.

- Wolfpack

Lab Technician 10G

Play and complete a game session of Game Lab in the Multiplayer Public playlist.

- now this is completely new to me. i wonder what Game Lab will be...

as for the SP achievements, i wonder what the new Employee of the Month achievement is. and i sure hope those naval-& ship-related achievements aren't as annoying as AC3's were...

With all the butthurt over the MP achievements, not much attention has been dedicated to the secret achievements or the story achievements.

I wonder if Ubisoft intentionally made horrible MP achieves to cover up the modern day Abstergo missions. Like we have a buttload of footage featuring Edward and his adventures, and the MP, especially Manhunt and Wolfpack. But nothing about the modern day. We only have a few snapshots of the office. And how exactly is our character gonna start suspecting Abstergo of bad things? There's nothing that ties the Templars to Abstergo, and for good reason. Is Clay gonna come in as deus ex machina and start dropping hints? i mean, it's possible, because his memories were still inside the Animus Core, which Abstergo remote-hacked. But that would mean that he expected Abstergo to remote-hack the Core. Although it wouldn't be the first time he has knowledge which seems to come from nowhere.

Also, on the modern day front, are we gonna get to customise our character, and make it truly us working for Abstergo and undermining it from the inside? And is our character gonna discover the truth about Abstergo and get chased off like Shaun did? Then, either our character becomes an Assassin or dies horribly.

Anyways, gonna be gaming out to this next weekend and it'll be awesome. Gonna be drinking with my brother just to make it a little more fun

For every main assassination target killed, take 1 shot

For every time you die, take 2 shots

For every bar you unlock, finish your drink.:drunk

Come on, fellow Assassins! Let's rock it.

Also, on the modern day front, are we gonna get to customise our character, and make it truly us working for Abstergo and undermining it from the inside?

Probably not. The modern day section is going to be in first-person, and Ubisoft has also emphasized that YOU are the character. No idea how that's going to play out, but you'll probably not see the modern day character in person at all.

Probably not. The modern day section is going to be in first-person, and Ubisoft has also emphasized that YOU are the character. No idea how that's going to play out, but you'll probably not see the modern day character in person at all.

Really? I haven't really been keeping up with AC4 after how disappointed I was with AC3... but hearing first-person makes me think of those damn Desmond sequenses from Revelations :rant:

The achievements don't look that bad, looks like an easy list.

And how exactly is our character gonna start suspecting Abstergo of bad things? There's nothing that ties the Templars to Abstergo, and for good reason.

I'm guessing Erudito is going to play a part in this. We don't really know much about them, except that they work against Abstergo, and that they are probably not Assassins. Hopefully we'll learn more.

Gamertag: Bam31788

I'm getting this game on launch date, there are only a few Multiplayer Achievements, so if you're interested in boosting them, send me a friend request and a message stating its for AC4: BF, since I'm looking for boosting parties for other games as well for the near future.

So ironically, this guy appears to have pirated a copy of the game and has been posting his playthrough. While I obviously frown on that, I've been watching a few of his videos and actually saw gameplay of Abstergo.

And I may or may not have fangasmed when I saw FREAKING REBECCA at Abstergo! She was there as a courier. Now I don't believe that Erudito or Clay are gonna take part in the storyline, but I think that Shaun may pop in to leave notes around, or Rebecca will alter your Animus in the same sort of way Clay did. The woman who introduces your character to the basics of Abstergo Entertainment refers to the floor of the RAs as the Sample 17 floor, saying that due to Desmond Miles 'a very generous donor' they can produce a full-length game. Ubisoft is breaking the fourth wall all over the place with Abstergo and I don't think anyone really cares.

Highlights of Abstergo gameplay:

Company-issued Communicator allows you to scan 'Sticky Notes', messages with unknown origin referring to Those Who Came Before

Multiple floors within the building

Large area to traverse without even getting into restricted areas

Restricted ares with Security Clearance levels of 1,2,3. Gotta hack em.

Action figures of Ezio and other Assassins teased in screenshots must be collected. Also saw figurines of Multiplayer characters. Most likely have to complete challenges for those characters as we did in AC 3 MP.

Anyone have any revelations which would be nice?

:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

at least none of the multiplayer achievments require you to WIN a match. or do some rediculous shit that naturally other players will also attempt and be dicks about helping you. I just might finally have another AC game on my cheevs list at 100%... havent had any since AC2... stupid multiplayer ones made it impossible for me >.< (yes I know that means i just suck at the multiplayer but still)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When I finished the discovery mode of wolfpack on my xbox one AC4, this achievement didnt unlock. Anyone else experience this or know what to do to fix?

Came here to say this too. I just finished the 8 missions in Wolfpack Discovery and it did not unlock. Is there something more that needs to be done? Or is it bugged?

• 5 weeks later...

100% mision constraints and level 55 multiplayer are the big let down here.

I have always hated it when games producers feel they need to tack on these after thought MP modes, although to give them credit it isn't half as bad as some (Bioshock 2 springs to mind *shudder*), when it was a perfectly good game without it.

And this 100% based achievement is just getting friggin annoying now, just adds a level of tedium to the games that they don't need!

• 2 months later...
100% mision constraints and level 55 multiplayer are the big let down here.

I have always hated it when games producers feel they need to tack on these after thought MP modes, although to give them credit it isn't half as bad as some (Bioshock 2 springs to mind *shudder*), when it was a perfectly good game without it.

And this 100% based achievement is just getting friggin annoying now, just adds a level of tedium to the games that they don't need!

getting 100 percent on AC games is pretty easy, and fun in my opinion

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone! Just got the game FINALLY. And i just started playing and the very first achievement I decided to get was "mer-man" where you have to swim for 1nmi.

And I thought my way of getting it was pretty basic, so If your like me and don't want to have the chance of not getting it cause you don't imagine you'll be much of a swimmer during the game with your nice ship =]

At the VERY beginning right after you wake up from the cutscene with your woman back home, you wake up in the water amidst the wreckage of your ship and your supposed to swim to shore.

Well I just started going back and forth across the bay for maybe.... 10 min at the most and it popped! so just thought I'd post in case anyone was wondering if they could get that one out of the way as quick as possible. and if you wanna put this strategy of getting it on the achievement descriptions or whatever thats cool. I was assuming this is where I would post a guide suggestion, not on the actual Roadmap Thread right?

Anyways, gotta play this game finally!

-skaman

Hey everyone! Just got the game FINALLY. And i just started playing and the very first achievement I decided to get was "mer-man" where you have to swim for 1nmi.

And I thought my way of getting it was pretty basic, so If your like me and don't want to have the chance of not getting it cause you don't imagine you'll be much of a swimmer during the game with your nice ship =]

At the VERY beginning right after you wake up from the cutscene with your woman back home, you wake up in the water amidst the wreckage of your ship and your supposed to swim to shore.

Well I just started going back and forth across the bay for maybe.... 10 min at the most and it popped! so just thought I'd post in case anyone was wondering if they could get that one out of the way as quick as possible. and if you wanna put this strategy of getting it on the achievement descriptions or whatever thats cool. I was assuming this is where I would post a guide suggestion, not on the actual Roadmap Thread right?

Anyways, gotta play this game finally!

-skaman

There is no need to spend 10 minutes specifically for this achievement to get it out of the way, you will get it in your normal play-through just by playing the game. I got the achievement around sequence 4 without realizing it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...