Whats your most frustrating death

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

i Know choosing one is hard in this game but heres mine

i have been battling this city of gold achievement for hours and finally got the hedjet and was on mines 3-4 with tons of items my hearts were in the double digits and i had about 40 bombs. Well i had no compass so i was slowly checking down the screen to make sure i didnt screw myself over by going the wrong side when

a ufo blast smacks me on the head while i had the screen panned which slams me into 3 mines that i watched count down while my character was stunned and then boom i got flown to my demise in a second.

waggles fist at screen telling myself once more im done with the game for good. until tommorow lol

Going for Speedlunky facing Olmec. Get him to the lava with plenty of time to spare, climb the ropes, I see an itty bitty snake right on the ledge to where the door is located. Thinking I have enough elevation I take the leap attempting to jump on his head. I failed, tumbling back down in the lava in the process.

For a minute there, I was dead inside.

I haven't gotten as far as the rest of you. My most frustrating death was the one and only time I got to the third level of the temple. I took my time to line up a shot with the shotgun to hit an oncoming enemy, completely forgetting for the moment about the recoil that the shotgun has. The recoil knocked me back into a pool of lava. I had no one to blame but myself and I was furious.

My most annoiyng death to date would have to be in the ice caves 3-4, for a second i forgot that my whip isnt any good on yetis, whipping him only to be pummeled and bounced a dozen times ending when i just barely passed by the exit door. From 6 hearts good stock on bombs and robes this must be the most annoying death for me. Have later been in the temple though.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't a death but one of the most frustrating things that happened to me was doing a Hell run. I made it all the way to the Temple and I was fighting Anubis. In the midst of battle I threw a sticky bomb on him and he started ascending after me. He finally caught the ceiling and then blew up. Above him was a heavy block and it fell and crushed the Sceptre. I was so upset because I had 13 health and every item/equip along with 56 bombs.

I was a sad wolf. =/

Had a run where I had great items (jetpack, compass, paste, shotgun, kapala), about 60 bombs, plenty of ropes, a ton of money and 8 hearts. Got to 4-1 and the game glitched and I just couldn't kill Anubis. I tried to just continue my run anyway and just skip the City and Hell, but I got crushed by a block while trying to avoid Anubis' purple death rays.

Also had a run where I was going for Speedlunky, made it to 4-3 with great items and 4 minutes on the clock and it was a dark level. I somehow managed to make it through, but got bodied by everything ever mere feet from the exit. I could smell that achievement and the game decided to tear it away from me at the last second.

• 3 months later...

I had a great run trying to get to the City of Gold.

I got the gold key in the chest. Found the black market and bought the Anhk (spelling?).

Managed to die in the ice caves level with the face monument. And made it to the Temple.

Right off the bat, I see Anubis to my left pressed against a spike thruster, trying to get at me.

He dies, and I joyfully run and grab his staff. I know what to do, so I (having the compass and a jetpack) head for the exit, only to get squashed by a sliding spike block.

I love this game, but it can be so frustrating! :D

Had to share.

The game kind of figures out what you are trying to do and then does something to completely mess with you. If it sees that you are having a good run; tons of bombs, all the good stuff (compass, spiked shoes, jet pack), or too many hearts (7-8 or more), then it will set you up for failure... things like... putting you in the dark, not providing you with enough money for the Ankh, difficult to find Black Market, key on one side of the board and chest on the other... you get the picture.

So, I am on the run to open the last shortcut (the one to the Temple levels). I have already done the run with the 3 bombs and then did another run with the 3 ropes. Now all I have to do is carry the gold key all the way from the Mines to the end of the Ice Caves (are you kidding me?). On my umpteenth try, I am finally to level 3-3... and getting so close... as soon as the level loads and before I even had a chance to twitch a muscle, a Mammoth freezes me as an alien's laser shot is already traveling towards me... bam, dead. WTF. I sat in stunned silence for at least 3-5 mins.

I do finally have the shortcut opened (thank you jet pack!), but I don't think I am going to attempt to ever finish all the achievements in this game. Too much BS like that happens to me all the time... how many times do I watch my whip go right through an f-ing bat. Fail. Finish the whole game in 8 minutes?! Are you kidding me.

(Don't get me wrong, for the low cost, my boy and I have been having a blast... just make sure you believe the 9 out of 10 achievement difficulty, it is no joke)

Edited by BrinkX

I had a good one the other day. Was doing a City of Gold/Hell Run. Was in the temple, loaded down with every item basically, tons of health, all that good stuff. Lay waste to Anubis, pick up the sceptre. Proceed to fire a single shot of the sceptre to kill a shopkeeper guarding the exit... the ball doubles back on me chasing a scorpion on the other side of the level, killing me instantly of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine was after I failed several times during speedlunking at Olmec I had a run where I entered Olmec's Lair with plenty of hearts and plenty of time (i think I entered at about 6:00)...

...and when he dropped into the lava....

...I realized I had no ropes left!

So my most frustrating death wasn't even a proper death! :eek::p

• 2 weeks later...

Any death where the shopkeeper randomly goes berserk and kills you when you've done nothing! I got to the Black Market with a considerable amount of gold and 5 seconds after entering they're bouncing off the walls calling me a terrorist because one got hit offscreen by an enemy or something. The shopkeeper is a prick! You make one wrong move like lay a bomb that destroys a block slightly too close to his shop or safe or he gets hit by a random projectile (even off screen) and you might as well end your run there. :( Why does the shopkeeper have to be so crazy??

My worst death happend in one if my hell runs. I had made it to hell with 32 bombs, a rocket pack, paste, kapala and so on. As soon as I start 5-1 up, a fireball jumps out from a lava pool hitting me in the back. My rocket pack blows up and I fly and land on spikes.

Wow worst death yet! Got to 5-4 with 8 health,3 bombs, a shotgun, $488,100 and everything else I could possibly need. As it starts I bomb Ox and Horse and both of their bombs fall into the lava. I climbed up both sides and managed to take out his fists then start to try to shoot his face with my shotgun (I had no bombs left at this point). I got in one hit but got struck by debree right before I was about to get under cover. I watched myself bounce to the bottom of the screen then get juggled back between a couple Magma men until my health reached zero. Second time I've been to hell. My other death in Hell 5-3 wasn't that much fun either.

Edited by Bum Commando

• 5 months later...

Most annoying death:

Made it to Yama

Realized I dropped Shotgun in the previous level

Threw sticky bombs at Horse Face and Ox Head

Random vampire intercepted a bomb and rushed me

Boom

Most random:

Saved the Van Helsing lookalike in the Castle

He grabbed the Black Knight's shield

Smashed me against a wall with it

• 4 weeks later...

I still haven't beat Olmec yet. I've reached him so many times. Have tried the 'quick method' but can't get it to work.

Just played a game that threw a 'I can't see a thing' at me on the penultimate level. I didn't have a compass. I was so excited that I actually made it though the level and survived. Reached Olmec with about 30 bombs but no jetpack or anything else good. Decided to be really careful and take my time. Because I had so many bombs I even blew myself a staircase up from the lava pit I made.

Then I realised that I didn't have any ropes and Olmec was on the other side.

...Had to throw myself in the lava :(

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow I gotta admit these have been entertaining to read because I know all of your pain. Mine happened in 3-3 during my low-scorer run and I was away on a ledge surveying the field down below when I heard an UFO fire a beam not even close to me. It did however hit ANOTHER UFO which in turn flew at me and instantly killed me out of nowhere. I had to pause for a couple of seconds and wonder what in the world just happened........

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhhhhhh I have a new one...... I was going for the big money/100% journal/hell and back/last character run (The only achievements I need left). I went on and fought and killed King Yama. I was so excited!!! I move on to his pillar of rubies and notice a spiked ball right at the top. I wanted to be careful so I threw a bomb on the side next to me. The bomb didn't stick on the pillar, it stuck on me........... I am still staring at it to this day wondering how in the world is that possible...... I would've 100% the game finally as well.....